James Bell ... Your Savior?

SU Jag 79

Jaguar ALUM
Okay, I've been quiet enough about this JSU. But, seriously, you guys can't sell anybody on this isht this year. You have the talent, no lie. Hell, you always have (even though it hasn't gotten you shat!)

But, how in the hell do you expect anybody to fear a man who allowed this on his watch?

2000 -- Indiana University (3-8)

Quick Note: Randle-EL was their QB for both of these seasons amd BELL was the defensive coordinator, therefore responsible for the TOTAL defense.

Points Scored Against
NC State - 41
Kentucky - 41
Cincinnati - 6 (I guess the BearCats didn't realize who they were playing)
Iowa - 33
Northwestern - 52 (Are you serious?)
Michigan - 58 (Damn, back to back)
Minnesota - 43 (The HOCKEY school?)
Penn State - 24
Illinois - 42
Wisconsin - 43
Purdue - 41 (You knew I was expecting 44)

Average: 38.8

2001 (5-6)

NC State - 41 (They love IU's ass)
Utha - 28 (No clue who this is.)
Ohio St. - 27
Wisconsin - 32
Illinois - 35
Iowa - 42
N'Western - 21
Mich. State - 28
Penn State - 28
Purdue - 7
Kentucky - 15

Average: 27.1

Great Improvement, right? That's what I thought until I looked at a few things.
(a) Michigan was NOT on the 2001 schedule.
(b) IU's defense wasn't out there as much due to Randle-El and Cam Cameron finally getting their offense together.
(c) Kentucky and Purdue lost major players after the 2000 season.

Do we even need to talk about 2002 in Texas?

But this is the guy that chances JSU's improved D:confused: This is the same guy that's going to teach Robert Kent fundamentals:confused:

_ _ _ :(

Continuing .....

The Great James Bell was in Wake Forest before his masterful performance at Indiana ...

He served as DB coach in 1996 and Def. Coordinator from 1997-99.

Here's what his squad did ...

1996 (3-8) WF Pts. - 144 (Damn! in 11 games) Opponents - 374 (Bell, where were you?)

1997 (5-5) WF Pts. - 245, Opponents - 288 (Offense helps Bell a bit.)

1998 (3-8) WF Pts. - 238, Opponents - 332 (Uhh, offense was consistent, who messed up this one?)

1999 (7-5) WF Pts. - 266, Opponents - 209 (An Aloha Bowl berth and a vastly improved, ball-control WF offense keep Bell's group off the field)

Through this time, WF got pasted by Florida State numerous times, including a 58-7 drilling in 1997, someone's first year a DC. They (I mean Bell) also gave it up to NC State (37) ..... again for Bell ..... Navy (47, What the ?), Maryland (52), Virginia (42), and N. Carolina (45, I know Julius Peppers didn't score all of them points.)

Once again, do we need to go to Texas?

Savior .... Wolf Ticket Coordinator is more like it.

I can just picture my boy Robber, Get Ready and Tigerpride sitting at a table going over their strategy on how to respond for this.

I can also visualize Bornthrilla compiling some "Texas" stats right now.

Pre-Season (2002) forecast!

Chavez

?Coach:
James Bell.

?Coming back:
40 lettermen, 7-3 starters from 5-6 Division I playoff team. 12 lettermen lost.

?All-star candidates:
LB Michael Rhodes (5-11, 200); WR/SS Kevin Steber (6-1, 185); WR Roderick Baskin (5-10, 180).

?Etc.:
The linebackers, led by Rhodes (95 tackles), will be the strength of the defense. Steber is a versatile two-way threat (62 tackles and 43 receptions) for the Lobos, who surprised many in qualifying for the playoffs. It wouldn't be out of the question for Chavez to make a return trip to the playoffs, but another coaching change might hurt continuity.

I don't need no stinkin' stats. I saw this clown coach in person with my own four eyes last year.

We (Westbury HS) ran a four receiver, spread offense all game and his team had seven men in the damn box all game. Sometimes they were even cheating up the strong safety on third and short.

Them poor kids didn't have a chance to win more than one gotdamn game. :(

BTW: It's funny how I told yall last year about witnessing his players having a near mutiny on the sidelines and trying to dump a trash can on his head....and then recently you read about one of his star players wanting to transfer.

Ironic?

No. Ironic is the title of an Alanis Moorisette song.This here is a damn trend.

Trust me: This clown has no people skills. His players all hate him.

COT DAMN!!!!!

You guys have really done your homework on a coach who has NOTHING to do with your school (not yet, at least). I could walk right past Pete Richardson and not know who the hell he is and I don't know who the coach at TSU is. That lets me know that you either a.) love the hell out of us b.) fear the hell out of us c.)are Coach Bell groupies and have been following him since his recruitment to UNT back in the day, or d.) trying to find ways to remedy that intimidated feeling that we give to our SWAC foes.

Which ever choice suits you, just remember that he coached at Conference doormats....you can only do so much there considering the talent of the recruits/players- even before and after Bell they were inferior conf. opponents. Now he is at a conference POWERHOUSE (yeah I, said it.)

But I'll tell you what- If we make another coaching change we'll get Joe Paterno....that'll give you crooners some more homework to do.

SU 79....My man....the "we have experience WRs guy." We dont need a QB...all we need is experienced WR.....nevermind the fact that you didnt have a QB to get them the ball.....but thats not what this is about. I just wanted to point out that you have be so wrong before.

I notice how you minimize all of Bells accomplishments and exaggerate the flaws. Nevermind the improvements from year to year, concentrate on only his first year.
Riight Riiight...keep it up.

I hope this thread helps you when you face him in Oct. I can guarantee you Bell wont be calling timeouts to tie his own tennis shoes like your dumb ass coach. I can assure you that we will be more prepared for you than you will be for us.

But what am I saying...... Hughes beat you by 3 TDs and beat you 3 years in a row

Man read below
v
v
v

Man, look at aaaaaall the spinning. So James Bell can attribute all his positive impacts on the defenses he coached (at doormat programs, mind you) on how well the offenses of those teams performed? Is that what you're saying?? I guess the next time we beat yalls azz by 3 or more touchdowns and roll up 600+ yards of offense, you can blame it on the SU offense for not playing right. (Or at least you can blame those difference making receivers, right 79?)

If you guys are soooo sure that JSU will be horrible this season, then why is the whole James Bell subject such a concern? I mean, it's obvious that the man's an insignificant coach at a decayed program, right? Why waste your time and energy conducting internet searches on schools that don't matter? You don't see me exhausting energy smacking Prairie View, Lincoln or Allen, do you?

C-Leb,

Robber ain't gotta sweat nothing in this thread. Robber understands that Indiana in the Big 10 and Wake Forest in the ACC is the equivalent of Texas Southern in the SWAC. You know, a bottom feeding squad that might get a quality win every 8-9 years.

You don't win the Kentucky Derby without thoroughbreds. Bell had shettling ponies at Wake and Indiana. See, if those stats were as DC at Michigan or Ohio State or FSU, I would be scared. But I don't hold against a coach who's working with nothing. Every coach at Wake Forest and Indiana has gotten their azzez kicked and will continue to do so. They ain't got no talent.

Bell just took over the best group of players in I-AA. He got something to work with. He has Secretariat, Affirmed, John Henry and all the great thoroughbreds in history to win the Derby (so to speak).

'79,

Will you explain how Pete let Hughes dig his foot ankle deep in SU's ass for 3 years straight. Why do you have the worst set of QBs on the planet??? That's what I wanna know. Just prepare to lose by 30 or more next season.

Originally posted by Robber

Bell just took over the best group of players in I-AA. He got something to work with. He has Secretariat, Affirmed, John Henry and all the great thoroughbreds in history to win the Derby (so to speak).

JS_T06,

First, welcome to the board. It's statements like this that brings collective smack down on JSU. You see each year the mafia talks all this crap about the best this, the best that, what we're going to do, and some type of tour(last year was the "Turn'em Loose Tour":)) only to sit and watch the SCG! They call programs that are competing for championships "smalltime" and their coaches pimps, but stand behind an AD that said "F" them, the alumni, and "the best QB in college football", hires a coach that has 0 head coaching experience on this level and was 1 - 9 at the hight school level, to coach at one of the most storied programs in college football. :confused:

AD, The difference between my AD and yours is that mine is a man who does what is best for his program. Yours is a little punk that gets pushed around and hires sorry coaches. There is only one other coach in BCF that would even consider at JSU and he ain't in the SWAC. James Bell will make you a believer soon enough.

AD, The difference between my AD and yours is that mine is a man who does what is best for his program.

I guess what is best for the program includes lying to your entire fan and alumni base and creating a poorly-designed farce just to get your homeboy hired.

Your AD is a man, but he told you to your face (alledgedly) that he would fire Hughes after 2001 if he did not make it to the SCG. You came on the board and stated that yourself. However, the next year Hughes was back on your damn sideline.

Its amazing how you can remember what everybody else said, but you cant remember what YOU said. This is sad....are you ashamed of your words? Did the Bleed Death Family make you apologize for calling your coach a c**n 6 times?

Kid sister, you're doing it again. When have I ever claimed to not remember what I said or answer your question.

By the way, you never repsonded to my prior post. You just tried to deflect attention to me again about a statement I already answered for.

Now, please tell me how your AD is reportedly such a great man, but at the same time he lied to your face and all your fellow alumni's faces about the Bell hiring.

He also lied to LP about firing Hughes in 2001.

I will like to thank you for your research, but in order to fully compare Bell's defensive prowess, you need to post the team's stats at least three years before Bell took over. What were the defensive stats of the team before he took over as DC at Wake or Indiana? Just trying to give you a helping hand. For now I will give you an "I"ncomplete.:cool:

Originally posted by Tigerpride
AD, The difference between my AD and yours is that mine is a man who does what is best for his program. Yours is a little punk that gets pushed around and hires sorry coaches.

Another example. Under our AD not only have we made the transition from D2 to D IAA, but we have been a force to be dealt with. Your AD may turn out to be a GENIUS but right now he's THE VILLAGE ID., I mean JSU PIMP!! :lmao:

SU Jag 79.....

Thanks for exposing these clowns......

Lynch Street has to turned into to Jim Jone's alley, with all these BLUE BELL followers!!!!

Stats don't lie ladies and gentleman.... they show a trend.....

More disgrace @ Jsue.......

You were better off with Hughes the "Jock Strap Washer"!!!

Re: SU Jag 79.....

Originally posted by JAG03

You're damn right about that.
jsustats.jpg

:smh:

Originally posted by C-LeB28
I can just ......

I stopped reading right there.

:lmao: @ the notion of anyone from Texass Southern smacking about football. You clowns are a disgrace to all of college football..... hell, to college athletics in general. How does a school that's easily the 2nd or 3rd largest HBCU (located in the 4th largest media market) suck soooo badly? And don't blame Bill Thomas for your ineptitude; you've been a bottom feeder since the days when we were 'colored'. You're the primary reason there will always be a Louisiana school in the SCG under this current format. You're a cancer.

Prairie View gets more respect than you.
Stillman gets fatherly respect from you.
Nuff said.

Re: SU Jag 79.....

Originally posted by JAG03
Thanks for exposing these clowns......
You were exposed when you didnt pay me my 25 bucks
Lynch Street has to turned into to Jim Jone's alley, with all these BLUE BELL followers!!!!
I would like to send Brother Bell 25 bucks to put in the building fund if I could get you not to welch on your bet
They surely dont....Here is a stat....you owe me 25 bills
More disgrace @ Jsue.......
nothing is more disgraceful than you not owning up to your word and paying a brotha his money that you so cowardly bet me at halftime of a game when you were up by 11 points
You were better off with Hughes the "Jock Strap Washer"!!!
I would be much better off is you would pay me my money you welcher

Originally posted by C-LeB28
I can just picture my boy Robber, Get Ready and Tigerpride sitting at a table going over their strategy on how to respond for this.

I almost forgot that your team lost to Stillman. You lost to Stillman. Who the hell is Stillman...Stillman? Dude.....do like the 1-13 folks and wait until Basketball season before you open your mouth....but know run like they did though.

Can you believe you lost to Stillman....and you want to ..........awaaaaaaaaawww nevermind.

Back