James Bell ... Your Savior?

That his longtime friend and teammate had been ruled ineligible, Jackson said, "It's a bunch of crap. I'll tell you this, if he doesn't play, I won't play. I don't know what all the other guys are going to do, but if he ain't playing, I have no plans to play."

Say MH, have this guy ever put on an Alabama View jersey? Have he even stepped on the gridiron for game time at Alabama View yet? Have he even thrown one pass to go in Alabama View's record or stat book?

:confused:

He's talking like he's the starting QB. Like he has clout. Like you all are nothing without him. Well, I guess that what happens when you rely on transfers.

~shrug shoulders~

Victor "Ice Cold" Ike send help!

GR wants the full story?

Hey GR, you ready cus' you couldn't have thought that I wasdone with ol' Belly.

GR is RIGHT everybody. I did leave some stuff out. Ready?

James Bell has coached at numerous places. He, as Gr said, made improvements at Wake Forest with their defense and even helped some at Indiana.

However, this man has coached at other schools, right GR?

First, he was at Lamar University (82-86). He was the QB and WR coach and later became the secondary coach.

Then, he hit that powerhouse at NW Missouri State, Louisville, and North Texas.

Now you guys talked about his D-1A experience. Where did he do it? You said yourself he was at doormat programs. What kind of experience is that for the supposedly great Jackson State University?

And another thing. The most that this man has won as a member of a staff (either as secondary or def. coordinator) is ONE conference championship with North Texas in 1994 and two bowl games, one with an offense-laden Louisville squad in 1993 and the Aloha Bowl with that Wake Forest team I spoke of earlier.

GR, you talk about how I talked players having experience. Wouldn't the same thing be true of coaches? For the most part, Bell has been a part of losing programs and HE did not help them win overwelmingly.

He's not in control of just the defense anymore ..... but as every year, YOU just keep on believing man. It just makes everyone's time on the SWACPage more memorable by late October when you are telling everyone Damn All Y'all

Jag 79,
Stop playing man!!!

Surely, Bell has done more than what you're saying!!!!!!!!!
:smh:

damn, looking at Bell's credentials, Culberson is indeed a bad MF to actually still be able to hand his boy the jsue job like that.
and even worser, to have these jsue losers on here bragging bout 1-9!!!!
:(

Again just as last year, you have a flawed theory.
I want you to not only hear, but understand me this year.
I tried to save you this embarrassment last year, but you wouldnt listen.

This is the flaw in your theory:

We just went from Hughes to Bell.
We didnt just go from Bill Parcels to Bell
We didnt just go from Tony Dungy to Bell
We didnt just go from John Gruden to Bell
We went from Hughes to Bell.

Hughes won 7 games a year at JSU and he knew nothing.
Bell is 100 times better than Hughes in every aspect of football so how much of an improvement do you think that is going to be for us. Lets just assume (if you will) that Bell is a better coach. Wouldnt that put us in a better position to win?
If you couldnt beat Hughes, do you really think you can beat Bell?
Your talent, your coaching, your support has not been able to compete with ours over the past 3 years, how the hell do you think you can compete after JSU has REALLY invested in its athletic program by bringing in the best coaches and adding the best facilities.

Look kid....GET READY to beat up on Allen and Lincoln cause you surely are not on our level.

We have a guy that has been somewhere, has actually done something and has learned under National Champioship winning coaches. What makes you think he is underqualified for this job beats me. Ill just chalk it up as meaningless smack.

Originally posted by LaCumba
<h3>13 post season losses....:smh:
Yall make me wanna :vomit: </h3>

JSWHO needs to repent....... 0-6 aka Buffalo aka 0-13!

Taking a page from South Africa the SWAC should grant these clowns amnesty for their past misdeeds. They should have until the 4th of July to come forward and admit that they have embarassed the SWAC worse than Puke View. After the deadline, if not conforming, they should be sentenced to football prison (SIAC).

We have a guy that has been somewhere, has actually done something and has learned under National Champioship winning coaches. What makes you think he is underqualified for this job beats me. Ill just chalk it up as meaningless smack.

Been where? Didn't we just lay out where the man has been and how unconsequental (is this a word?) his appearances have been to the landscape of D1-A and the very teams he was on?

National Championship coaches? Where? He was under Cameron at Indiana and some other dick at Wake Forest and that would be his BEST blip on a resume! North Texas' coach didn't win a NC, Lamar's coach didn't win a NC, NW Miss. St. coach won a NC? Who did GR? Please answer this!!!

The ONLY HEAD coaching job he has had was at a Texas High school, which is the equivalent of numerous college programs and he did what GR?

Meaningless ..... to me, yes. My coach won titles in his other places as a HEAD coach and has won four for my school. How about yours?

Do you think I just talk to hear myself speak? Do you think I would say something and just give you ammunition to smack me with? I said Bel has learned under a National Championship winning coach and I meant it.

Didnt Howard Snellingburger(sp) win a National Championship while at Miami? Wasnt Bell at Louisville while with Snellingbuger? The fact is my coach knows something and your coach knows very very little.

Your coach has been exposed as someone that cant recruit. When Singletary left, your program took a nose dive talent-wise. When that DC left (Vite?), your defense proved no competition for JSU. Now answer a question for me. What did Richardson do to stop the bleeding? Did he go out and get better talent? Nope...Did he go get better coaches? Nope .... Did he demand better facilities from his administration? Nope.... You know what your coach did? He demanded and got an easier schedule (Miles Allen Lincoln MoB). And then he ran from McNeese and FAMU...Like the Coward he is. Thats how your coach handled the return to the bottom of your football program.

Hear me now and believe me later.

You seem not to address the fact that we went from Hughes to Bell....but I understand.

And what you don't seem to understand is that the fact that you went from Hughes, who while a old school fogy, had some knowledge of the SWAC, Bell comes in with ONLY one win in his HEAD Coaching career. The guy has only been around winners THREE times since 1982 .....

THAT FACT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING!

Hughes to Bell .... damn, you can't see the downfall coming GR.

BTW, what does recruiting have to do with this discussion? I thought we were talking about their abilities and what it transferred on the field. You are trying to compare a career defensice secondary or coordinator with a proven HEAD Coach. Has Richardson done his best job the last few years .... NO. Has he been better than Bell (with only one year to compare) .... I WOULD HAVE TO SAY SO!

One More Thing .... if Bell is thy Savior, why when Hughes was released,

Why did the name James Bell NOT come across a single SWACPage Mafia member's lips for this job before Culberson made it happen?

Make the PV's and Bama's believe .... you can rest this bullsh*t on us though. It ain't happening this year Not Ready.

Dude, you are confusing the hell out of me. You are not making any sense.

And who says that a coordinator cant become a good head coach? Where is that written? Do head coaches start out as head coaches or do they come up thru the ranks as a position coach and then maybe a coordinator and then to the HC position. I know some schools that hire defensive line coaches as their head coach, but most of the time new head coaches are promoted from a Coordinators position.

And dude.....believe me, Bell has forgotten more football than Richardson knows. Plus, he is not a coward like Richardson.
Let me ask you this, if you were to put Richardson in Bells career path, do you think that he would have done as good a job as Bell did. Put Hughes in his career path....:emlaugh: Put any SWAC coach in the same position that Bell has traveled and tell me if that coach would have done a better job. Remember, Bell was nominated for Assistant Coach of the year.....nationwide.

This time last year Bell was still not at the job in Houston. So he started at a job where he had NOTHING to work with at a sorry school. The dude is a good football coach, I didnt say he was God. Look at how that team was getting dusted the year before and tell me what the hell you think Bell could have done in 3 weeks.

You see Mike and bornthrilla have backed off that line of smack since the truth has been posted by robber. Did you see those scores of the last 5 games before Bell arrived or do you need them to be reposted?

The fact is Bell is a good coach
He is going to take this top notch program and make it better
SWAC coaches are going to have a hard time adjusting and all of you are going to have to make adjustments to your coaching staff and facilities to keep up with JSU.

Didnt you guys promote your DC from within?
How bad is your defense going to be this year?

Hey 79

Since JSU has the most experience WRs coming back, are you willing to concede a victory to JSU?

Remember, this is your theory from last year and I know you arent willing to give up on your "team must adjust to WRs" theory already.

And dont forget.....we have that guy that threw for 400 yards on yall last year too....He is suppose to be coming back

Is there a need for SU to even show up?

Originally posted by Get Ready
So he started at a job where he had NOTHING to work with at a sorry school.
damn Bell is still in the same situation now---NOTHING to work with at a sorry school.

po Bell.
:(

Dang, it not football season and the entire SWAC Nation is SMACKing JSU.

What?s up with that?

I thought JSU was y?all daddy.

Originally posted by Get Ready
Hey 79

Since JSU has the most experience WRs coming back, are you willing to concede a victory to JSU?

Remember, this is your theory from last year and I know you arent willing to give up on your "team must adjust to WRs" theory already.

And dont forget.....we have that guy that threw for 400 yards on yall last year too....He is suppose to be coming back

Is there a need for SU to even show up?

Well GR, I learn from my mistakes and my theory was proven to be untrue last year. I'm a man of change so NO, JSU's experience means nothing. What will be the telling tale will be if Bell allows Kent to Unleash it. I seem to remember him talking about wanting to run the ball more. That would nullify your main advantage right there: Kent.

BTW, my theory was that QB's must adjust to WR's man .... GET IT RIGHT!

And who says that a coordinator cant become a good head coach? Where is that written? Do head coaches start out as head coaches or do they come up thru the ranks as a position coach and then maybe a coordinator and then to the HC position. I know some schools that hire defensive line coaches as their head coach, but most of the time new head coaches are promoted from a Coordinators position

I didn't say that Coordinators can't be good head coaches. I said HE (Bell) wasn't apart of anything major as a coordinator and you proved my point about him not being vital when you told who the coach was in Louisville (Yeah, Belly was a BIG part of that Liberty Bowl .... Bullsha*t!)

I also said that in his ONLY experience as a Head Coach, he went 1-9 and even with the trials he had, but what I have heard about his opponents in that district, he should have done better.

BTW, from your statement above, could you do me a favor? Could you name a SWAC Head Coach that was a coordinator in his last job and what their record was last year?

BTW, we will never settle this until Bell gets his ass indoctrinated into the SWAC Jaguar style.

And YOU still didn't answer this one GR? I don't remember your Bell campaign.

Why did the name James Bell NOT come across a single SWACPage Mafia member's lips for this job before Culberson made it happen?

You see Mike and bornthrilla have backed off that line of smack since the truth has been posted by robber. Did you see those scores of the last 5 games before Bell arrived or do you need them to be reposted?

Kid sister, I haven't backed off jack.

That dude is one of the worst coaches i have ever seen in my life. And that's really saying something, since I witnessed Hughes coach those two games against A&T.

Honestly. I saw him last year in person. No one else on this baord had ever seen him coach before, but I did.

I even told yall he was a horrible coach months before you hired his 1-9 azz. As soon as his name first got mentioned in the paper as a possible candidate, I made the connection to Chavez and did everything in my power to warn you about him. Yall just didn't want to listen to me.

Trust me guys: I'm not a hater of JSu, I'm a hater of evil spirts.

Originally posted by SU Jag 79
What will be the telling tale will be if Bell allows Kent to Unleash it. I seem to remember him talking about wanting to run the ball more. That would nullify your main advantage right there: Kent.

I doubt it. Kent will show up. Check the quote from the CL on Apr. 26 before the Spring Game:

"The emphasis on the running game has raised the eyebrows of many, especially quarterback Robert Kent and his receiving corps who are used to throwing and catching the ball early and often. Bell assures the Tigers will continue to throw the ball, it will just be in a different way.

"We're going to do a lot of play-action," he said. "I'd like to be 50-50. We're going to do whatever the defense gives us, though."'

Translation: We'll do whatever we want!!!!!

:)

Originally posted by SU Jag 79

What will be the telling tale will be if Bell allows Kent to Unleash it. I seem to remember him talking about wanting to run the ball more. That would nullify your main advantage right there: Kent.

I am so good at picking out the flaws in your theories. You must acknowledge my greatness.

Here is the flaw in your "main advantage" theory. You would be right if Kent were the only good player on our offense. The fact is, he is not. For the past 2 years, we have had Kent doing too much on offense. He is surrounded by good players, but Asberry didnt utilize them enough (Nolen Lawrence).

Kent is still going to be his spectacular self, but he is not going to be asked to stand in the pocket and wait for people to come open 15-20 yards downfield. We are going to give him a lot of easy stuff to do mixed in with the long pass. The 5 and 7 step drops will be minimized. We are going to quickly get the ball in the hands of people like Chris Jones and Tim Manning and let them make plays with their feet instead of Kent waiting on them to get open and have to make a play with his arm(all the time).

There are going to be a lot of RBs swinging out of the backfield, short passes, and running plays. Just because we say we are going to run the ball more, that doesnt mean the offense wont be as lethal. This year you are going to have to worry about more than just Kent. You will have to worry about Manning, Jones, Lee, Cox, Rodgers, Gordon, and Ross. No longer can you prepare just for kent.

I would much rather have it this way and I hear Kent appreciates it too.

I dont understand the relevance of this question. How many of you knew about Richardson before he was hired or became a finalist for the SU job? Did you make them hire Richardson instead of Markum or did you say "Markum has a SWAC under his belt already, lets hire him?" What difference does it make if we knew of him prior to him being hired? He is here now, he is impressive, the fans like him, they like what he has done so far, he is a complete coach and a very impressive human being. WE LIKE WHAT WE GOT. Believe me, if we didnt, JR woulda told you by now.

You can bet you wont be hearing about Bell setting up stripper parties for recruits.

"We're going to do a lot of play-action," he said. "I'd like to be 50-50. We're going to do whatever the defense gives us, though."'

Translation: Kent's going to be on his ass .... A LOT! What if the defense don't give you SHAT!

I dont understand the relevance of this question. How many of you knew about Richardson before he was hired or became a finalist for the SU job? Did you make them hire Richardson instead of Markum or did you say "Markum has a SWAC under his belt already, lets hire him?"

What difference does it make if we knew of him prior to him being hired? He is here now, he is impressive, the fans like him, they like what he has done so far, he is a complete coach and a very impressive human being. WE LIKE WHAT WE GOT. Believe me, if we didnt, JR woulda told you by now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I knew of Richardson. When SU pasted WSSU in Shreveport, Richardson told their newspaper that that would never happen again. Then, he preceded to lead the Rams to some major victories (all things considered ..... it was the CIAA.)

Markham .... I believe you are speaking of .... was not a choice of mine personally and I really don't believe the majority of SU supporters wanted him anyway. They wanted another man who had SU connections and supposedly could light it up ..... The Gunslinger Archie Cooley. Our Chancellor Delores Spikes (I love this woman) blocked this from what had happened to Cooley at another school (probably violations) and looked upon my boy Richardson.

The difference is that y'all try to make Bell sound like he is the one who is destined to bring JSU back, yet none of you knew(or at least mentioned him here) of the man until Alexander trotted his name out there in the Ledger.

There are going to be a lot of RBs swinging out of the backfield (getting knocked down for losses behind the line), short passessome good plays, some WR's getting blasted, and running plays. Just because we say we are going to run the ball more, that doesnt mean the offense wont be as lethal. This year you are going to have to worry about more than just Kent. You will have to worry about Manning, Jones, Lee, Cox, Rodgers, Gordon, and Ross.Yada, Yada, Yada, prepared for Washington, Morris, Wright, etc. and defeated them too. Kent's time is coming too! No longer can you prepare just for kent.

Back