Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2015-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look this shat here..you so caught up in your feelings you didn't even know they played the dayum song..smh LOL
You can tell the arrangement wasn't hitting on shat..you didn't even recall the song being played and you was so called at the dayum game LOL..

I couldn't care less about JSU, I do know one thing, yall not the 2nd best sounding band in the SWAC and I do know other bands have caught up to yall
Just look at that poll, yall are 4th or some shat..LOL..I guess they hating on yall too huh LMAO..

Show me a poll with black bands that ranks SU 4th or even 3rd..I'll wait..

LIke I said..folks starting to realize all that big talk that yall do aint worth shat...I don't even know why yall cornballs do that shat every year only to get that ass creased by SU LOL..

Didn't read

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dude you really think IGAF about what other folks thoughts are concerning what I post LOL..or who cosign me..LOL dude you got me f up...
I never gave a 1 single f about folks cosigning me about anything I post on this board, so let's clear that up now.....I couldn't care less..but I see that you look for conformation from folks (over the dayum internet) smh...
I know enough to know that poo ass Usher Nice and Slow wasn't hitting on shat...LOL..I know that folk..f a B scale..
yall need to pratice and get a melody in that Nice and Slow song...

Didn't read this BS either

SU folks smoking Crack! JSU smashed yall pregame and 5th anything toss up was Halftime! GO FUND! Thats why none of them on here talking shit JSU murdered yall for the 5th Worst battle since 2006 vs Txso smoked yall the same way LOL

SU folks smoking Crack! JSU smashed yall pregame and 5th anything toss up was Halftime! GO FUND! Thats why none of them on here talking shit JSU murdered yall for the 5th Worst battle since 2006 vs Txso smoked yall the same way LOL
No indeed clown. You are the crack abuser here.

Let me make this clear, ain't NOBODY gonna smash, murder, smoke SU. I wouldn't even go as far as to say anybody would smash, murder, etc. JSU. Because these are top tier bands in my opinion. It's a matter of preference or loyalty which one you prefer. Your choice of words are simply unrealistic. One may get the better of the other, but when both are on their A game, it is impossible to describe the outcome with your choice of words. Just say you don't like SU and be done with it man.

Aside from being Politically Correct on this forum and having to provide props to the opposing band for my point to be valid (smirk), the only song that JSU played that gave me what I expect out of a band of that "caliber" is Jupiter. Out of the 6 songs that went back to back between the bands, I would say SU takes the 5th 5-1. And the only reason I'll give ya'll Jupiter is because I can't discredit or devalue the arrangement or the execution on that particular song. But just because that particular song was great does not diminish the fact that SU threw a great song back. I like the Tamar Braxton cut, but it did not match the emotion and execution of the Jill Scott tune performed by SU (which song was talked about more after the battle?). On top of this, out of the 6 tunes JSU played, half (and this is a FACT) of them were rap tunes (in a 5th?). And before you say SU played songs in the 5th too, let me quickly fact check before the bull-crap rebuttal. Historically, SU ONLY plays raps tunes in the 5th, if it is the last song before they leave or if it is clear the opposing band has left/leaving the stands. (But eff all that, we talking about Saturday night!?) JSU started off the 5th with a rap tune (really?). You supposed to come with your hard hitter tunes in a battle like this. Something that will give the "WOW" factor and leave a lasting impression on the audience. We SU Alum's would be looking at the Juke sideways if they played majority rap tunes in a 5th. How can you JSU folks look past that? It's unacceptable. In all seriousness, Welcome To the Jungle and He Loves Me are the most talked about songs from the weekend. Ain't nobody checking for nothing the boom played this past weekend. <---that is also the truth my friends.

Take a dip boomers! See ya in Mumford east next year.
images

Little didn't really expect a 90% SU crowd to cheer for Thee Boom spelling "Go Fund SU" did he? Lol. Seriously.

I do find it funny how SU folks always cry (like I'm doing right now) about us making them leave our stadium but turn around and pull the same stuff.

A lot of good songs Thee Boom came prepared to play barely even got touched lol.

Made a few corrections for you. More legit.

-You are right, Little should have known better. Shows his inexperience. smh/lol

-Cheer up JaySBlue, it'll be your turn to kick us out next year. This ain't nothing new. lol

-Prepared you say? Most of the songs they played in the 5th were repeats from last week at TnSU. Why weren't these "PREPARED" songs put out on display at the beginning of the 5th, Instead of opening up with a rap song and tunes we've already heard? I hope they weren't expecting 10-12 rounds (yeah, we'll just beLIEve they were saving their best for last). The Boombox hasn't had a 5th that long since 05-06 I think. The security was gracious this year in my opinion letting them go 6 rounds, compared to prior years. So cut the foolishness.

It went 7 rounds. The first 2 rounds were clear SU. The 3rd round I consider a tie. Round 4 and 5 JSU. Round 6 I preferred SU as it seemed like the Boom was unsure on that song in certain spots. Preferred the Boom the last round. That 5th looked pretty even and pretty much a matter of preference. Zero quarter definitely the Boom. The fieldshows were pretty blah from both. SU gets the nod for execution/energy with the drill.

Made a few corrections for you. More legit.

-You are right, Little should have known better. Shows his inexperience. smh/lol

-Cheer up JaySBlue, it'll be your turn to kick us out next year. This ain't nothing new. lol

-Prepared you say? Most of the songs they played in the 5th were repeats from last week at TnSU. Why weren't these "PREPARED" songs put out on display at the beginning of the 5th, Instead of opening up with a rap song and tunes we've already heard? I hope they weren't expecting 10-12 rounds (yeah, we'll just beLIEve they were saving their best for last). The Boombox hasn't had a 5th that long since 05-06 I think. The security was gracious this year in my opinion letting them go 6 rounds, compared to prior years. So cut the foolishness.

To me, the BOO'ing was a good thing. Ain't like the JSU fans don't boo SU in Jackson every year. The goal was to ruffle feathers.

To me, the BOO'ing was a good thing. Ain't like the JSU fans don't boo SU in Jackson every year. The goal was to ruffle feathers.

Understood. Me personally, I have a thick skin. The GoFundMe didn't bother me one bit. The boo's are expected from the opposing crowd. I can dig it. Just may have went over better in Jackson.

Either way, band is like war. There aren't many rules.

As always between the 2 it's a matter of preference! Of course fans of each will always find negative things to say about each band and that doesn't mean they're wrong but it's just the passion each has for his/her own school. In a rivalry this huge,most times it would take an outsider to dissect each band and get a true gauge on a winner if there was one! These are two of the most storied bands in the band world and I tip my hat to both for an outstanding performance! Just my thoughts!!

View of the Boom's performance from the visitors side. Notice the Boom's musicality!

Musicality?! Dude I would have rathered watched that from the back. That may be one of the worse halftimes I've seen from us EVER.......with or without a dance routine. Awful. Oh my lawd and the trumpets hanging over horribly on You Can Hate Me Now. I love my school but I refuse to be biased. That was some bullshat.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It went 7 rounds. The first 2 rounds were clear SU. The 3rd round I consider a tie. Round 4 and 5 JSU. Round 6 I preferred SU as it seemed like the Boom was unsure on that song in certain spots. Preferred the Boom the last round. That 5th looked pretty even and pretty much a matter of preference. Zero quarter definitely the Boom. The fieldshows were pretty blah from both. SU gets the nod for execution/energy with the drill.

Gotcha boss. Don't agree all the way. But respect.

Musicality?! Dude I would have rathered watched that from the back. That may be one of the worse halftimes I've seen from us EVER.......with or without a dance routine. Awful. Oh my lawd and the trumpets hanging over horribly on You Can Hate Me Now. I love my school but I refuse to be biased. That was some bullshat.
Folk
You the only one keeping it real..I can respect that..anytime you see flaws in your band and instead of saying the other we were even with said band which is BS is called too much pride to admit you sound like shat..
But when I called it out and was being truthful about it..I'm retarded but no one has come for you though Lol..which I couldn't care less but these cornballs sitting up here typing like that shat the boom played this weekend was hitting on some major when the shat wasn't and you got folks cosign ing that crap poo pop ass halftime show..
That shat was terrible. But I give you props on your true honesty folk..if SU was slipping and falling behind best believe folks would be calling stuff out..cuz they know how SU is supposed to sound..but you got folks saving face and saying jsu was hitting on everything from the zero to the 5th Lol..FOH
Smh

Not true at all. SU old heads are not saying no such thing. They are actually surprised at the lack of show at halftime by the Boom. Seriously. Just like all us have said. More emphasis is put on the stands. And even then, I am seeing even the MOST critical Jukes giving the "S" the W. Halftime is always a sore spot for me because I have not gotten the WOW factor since maybe the early to mid 90s.

TxSU ain't had a band to smoke nobody in over 20 plus years. My frat bruhs and sorors absolutely hate what has happened to Ocean since the early 90s. LOL. I actually feel sorry for them. Because the Ocean used to be something. 06 was Jackson's first year and they were bringing some heat as he had something to prove. Man yall new school don't know how to judge any kind of battle I see. Sheesh.

again you garbage niggas lying on another site!!!!!!!!!!! JSU Smashed SU in the 5th 2015 No questions aint no Round 1 and 2 went here and round 3-4 went here GTFOH! Read the comments on each of the battles from Non JSU or SU folks and it don't matter my ears are just fine and I have watched the battle everyday since it has been and JSU was not playing, Even Jupiter was better than JSU played it against TNSU!( still it was the worst song played by JSU that night) Everything else SU could not STOP PERIOD, please stop with this brainwashing BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pregame and 5th was all JSU why the fuck you think yall not talking shit on any other pages because you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yall received an L from JSU in BR 2015!

again you garbage niggas lying on another site!!!!!!!!!!! JSU Smashed SU in the 5th 2015 No questions, aint no Round 1 and 2 went here and round 3-4 went here GTFOH! Read the comments on each of the battles from Non JSU or SU folks and it don't matter my ears are just fine and I have watched the battle everyday since it has been and JSU was not playing, Even Jupiter was better than JSU played it against TNSU!( still it was the worst song played by JSU that night) Everything else SU could not STOP PERIOD, please stop with this brainwashing BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pregame and 5th was all JSU why the fuck you think yall not talking shit on any other pages because you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yall received an L from JSU in BR 2015!

TP, you know I like rowdyness. Didn't bother me either. Go Fund SU was funny to me. Anyway, I am totally disappointed across the board with FIELD SHOWS the last decade by anybody. Even my Juke. Not that we are not looking good doing them. I just need more emphasis on a SHOW with house in mind. I just miss the 80s. Man we would put on a damn concert at halftime when I marched. None of these dance routines mean anything because mofos these days can't dance. Including most of the entertainers. LOL. The one thing new Hip Hop killed. Old school Hip Hop had music quality to make you move from the samples they used. Even LL could dance. LOL. Music sucks for these dance routines. That's why everyone runs some gimmick out there. Because the crowd just looks and has no response.

All this battle of the stands means NOTHING TO ME. Absolutely NOTHING. You are a MARCHING BAND. If you get waxed at halftime. You lose. That's how it used to be and should be. All this I got to redeem myself in the stands crap if for the birds. Mofos can't even march and play at the same time no more like they used to.

again you garbage niggas lying on another site!!!!!!!!!!! JSU Smashed SU in the 5th 2015 No questions, aint no Round 1 and 2 went here and round 3-4 went here GTFOH! Read the comments on each of the battles from Non JSU or SU folks and it don't matter my ears are just fine and I have watched the battle everyday since it has been and JSU was not playing, Even Jupiter was better than JSU played it against TNSU!( still it was the worst song played by JSU that night) Everything else SU could not STOP PERIOD, please stop with this brainwashing BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pregame and 5th was all JSU why the fuck you think yall not talking shit on any other pages because you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yall received an L from JSU in BR 2015!

If you happy with the Boom's performance and think they WAXED SU. Then so be it. Not the sentiment I get from folks who marched in the Boom back in the day. I am sure some of them think like you do. But for the most part. We all have the same comments. I think TigerTrail summed it up best.

I can tell you for a fact that SU fans aint running around telling them young folks in the Juke they got waxed. So it is what it is. If they felt that way. They would definitely be all over them. Until I see a great halftime to set the crowd on fire and up out their seats. Then yall can keep this stand battle crap.

Somebody please give this Nukka right here a Cookie or better yet a Hot Butter Bisquit, because his Arse is hungry for some attention about the Silent Boom!

Dude when they start keeping score of the halftime and band playing in the stands then you will know a winner, up until then it's all about interpretation! Hell, I just saw a site where PV got voted #1 just because of online voters. So with this being said and "YOU" believing that all you see on the internet is true, I guess that PV is now the KING of HBCU Bands.............. Go Figure....... LMAO! Nukka Please!!!

Somebody please give this Nukka right here a Cookie or better yet a Hot Butter Bisquit, because his Arse is hungry for some attention about the Silent Boom!

Dude when they start keeping score of the halftime and band playing in the stands then you will know a winner, up until then it's all about interpretation! Hell, I just saw a site where PV got voted #1 just because of online voters. So with this being said and "YOU" believing that all you see on the internet is true, I guess that PV is now the KING of HBCU Bands.............. Go Figure....... LMAO! Nukka Please!!!

TBJ,
I don't know why he is so angry about it. It's not that serious. If he happy with his band's performance. That's all that should matter. No need of getting mad about folks disagreeing. It is what it is. The only thing there is no doubt about is the game outcome. The band battle has always had folks on both sides claim victory. Game over. Hopefully next year I will see an exciting halftime show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back