Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2015-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%
I said the same thing when I saw the show at SU. I was like WTH? That "Who Can I Run To" where they had to make sure to mention he was an SU grad, etc. I was like he must have wanted to be highlighted in Mumford then that took up the chance for a dance routine...Just my .02 cents.

The boom needs to get Sanford as far away as possible. This man just came in and ran the show over little this year. Halftime looked like he was trying to revive his days at Norfolk. Not to throw shade but he really jacked up jsu from a halftime stand pt.., and this is just inside sources man. Boom members weren't too stoked about this man ... I will say the boom improved as the season progressed with littles influences taking affect. I pray they get a true arranger man... They need old buddy who arranged flight for them. Whoever wrote don't save her ... Please keep writing. Trump funk needs to be better man... All this hanging over and thin sounds wasn't a good look at all... That's part section and arranging to let counter parts in the brass tone down so the trumpets can shine more often... They arranged to that strength late in the season but by that time, it was to late. Last note, weren't to many new songs in the book this year for jsu... I heard a lot more throwbacks than normal and that needs to be fixed.

You all need to contact the President and Dean of the College of Liberal Arts about this.

Well Dr. Sanford better retire, or i can see major problems from the alumni, & maybe staff next yr,if he stays... Lol. I wished Doc. Taylor could have stayed & made 100% sure things was done right. Im a big Dowell Taylor fan, but I don't know why he left it like that, & I never asked why...lol. I thought Doc Taylor was gone leave 2016 season. If Dr. Little is not being respected in the created position, then there is no need for it.

JSU's has a solid band, blame the Dance committee (band members) for the lackluster Dance routines.

016.JPG

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.

Last edited:
Sanford is a Meyers appointee, he's in the position until he retires.

OK... but Meyers will right a bad ship if necessary. As she always says, SHE does not know about HALF the complaints the street committees have. Everyone is just complaining but not taking their complaints to her. If enough people complain, she WILL listen. She is very pro-alumni and pro-students! I guarantee you she is probably unaware that he is not well received. Also, if ANY alumni contact her, the most respectful e-mails get the most attention.

Well Dr. Sanford better retire, or i can see major problems from the alumni, & maybe staff next yr,if he stays... Lol. I wished Doc. Taylor could have stayed & made 100% sure things was done right. Im a big Dowell Taylor fan, but I don't know why he left it like that, & I never asked why...lol. I thought Doc Taylor was gone leave 2016 season. If Dr. Little is not being respected in the created position, then there is no need for it.

I think it just wasn't fun to him anymore and that J-Sette mess that got overblown was probably the last straw. All of the "new rules" can make it less enjoyable.

I think it just wasn't fun to him anymore and that J-Sette mess that got overblown was probably the last straw. All of the "new rules" can make it less enjoyable.

I think Meyers and her temper tantrums was the last straw for Taylor! :(

Honestly the new uniforms, horns and some other stuff was only given from Myers to the boom because of her love for Sanford . Trust me I know! The boom better use the hell out of Sanford while they can lol. Myers respected Taylor to but he was apart of the JSU family so him and Myers often times had different ideas whereas Sanford and her shared those same meac ideologies of how the band should look and sound !

Honestly the new uniforms, horns and some other stuff was only given from Myers to the boom because of her love for Sanford . Trust me I know! The boom better use the hell out of Sanford while they can lol. Myers respected Taylor to but he was apart of the JSU family so him and Myers often times had different ideas whereas Sanford and her shared those same meac ideologies of how the band should look and sound !
smdh

Lmao. Bruh... You have no clue, do you?

I don't know what the hell went on , all I know if there is no Boom alumni running the Boom next yr, I can see something coming that's not positive....lol. I know Dr. Myers is president, but The Boom alumni ain't no joke..lol. It always seems like JSU is the only top tier swac band that ALWAYS have problems with passing the baton to an fellow alumni. Always some shat. But Mr. Taylor did leave all if a sudden, look like Doc Little would have automatically had the promotion up since he had higher rank than Sanford anyways. Not only did they over shoot little but Sanford didn't even respect new title of marching band director , Little was given. I think they should eliminate that position & just let the head director be the head because only Dowell Taylor really would had let Little ran the band & do his JOB & not interfered. Taylor just would have made sure the drill looked good & band sounded great overall.

Last edited:
you all still need to let Meyers know of your concerns. Just be respectful when you correspond with her. She may not agree with you but at least it will raise her eyebrows. Because in the end, it may not be Sanford, it could be all Meyers.

you all still need to let Meyers know of your concerns. Just be respectful when you correspond with her. She may not agree with you but at least it will raise her eyebrows. Because in the end, it may not be Sanford, it could be all Meyers.

I agree with you, I'll send it to her if you get it together

Hinds judge rules for former J-Settes
The Clarion-Ledger 9:53 p.m. CST January 5, 2016

A Hinds County judge has ruled in favor of six former members of Jackson State University's Prancing J-Settes.

Judge Jeff Weill ruled the students should be permitted to return to the dance squad and a decision by administrators barring them from future participation should be lifted. In his order Weil also said the students should continue to receive scholarships associated with the dance squad and a $300 fine cleared from their student accounts, WLBT reported.

Edna Jones Stringer, an attorney and mother of one of the suspended J-Settes, said nine members of the J-Settes were booted from the 16-member squad in June after a hazing allegation was made. The case was filed on behalf of six of the booted members.

Weill said the six former members should return to the squad for this academic year but the students should undergo the same try-out procedures for further participation. The ruling also states there was no documentation on the specific allegations and no testimony from the former J-Settes who made the hazing allegation during disciplinary proceedings.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/01/05/j-settes-lawsuit...

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/30883570/hinds-county-judge-rules-in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back