Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2015-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
again you garbage niggas lying on another site!!!!!!!!!!! JSU Smashed SU in the 5th 2015 No questions, aint no Round 1 and 2 went here and round 3-4 went here GTFOH! Read the comments on each of the battles from Non JSU or SU folks and it don't matter my ears are just fine and I have watched the battle everyday since it has been and JSU was not playing, Even Jupiter was better than JSU played it against TNSU!( still it was the worst song played by JSU that night) Everything else SU could not STOP PERIOD, please stop with this brainwashing BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pregame and 5th was all JSU why the fuck you think yall not talking shit on any other pages because you can't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yall received an L from JSU in BR 2015!

lol...Ahahahaha.

That's right clown. Let those emotions flow! LMAO...this bama here. smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
TP, you know I like rowdyness. Didn't bother me either. Go Fund SU was funny to me. Anyway, I am totally disappointed across the board with FIELD SHOWS the last decade by anybody. Even my Juke. Not that we are not looking good doing them. I just need more emphasis on a SHOW with house in mind. I just miss the 80s. Man we would put on a damn concert at halftime when I marched. None of these dance routines mean anything because mofos these days can't dance. Including most of the entertainers. LOL. The one thing new Hip Hop killed. Old school Hip Hop had music quality to make you move from the samples they used. Even LL could dance. LOL. Music sucks for these dance routines. That's why everyone runs some gimmick out there. Because the crowd just looks and has no response.

All this battle of the stands means NOTHING TO ME. Absolutely NOTHING. You are a MARCHING BAND. If you get waxed at halftime. You lose. That's how it used to be and should be. All this I got to redeem myself in the stands crap if for the birds. Mofos can't even march and play at the same time no more like they used to.

Man you ain't lyin' JR! I remember being in high school and being at JSU in the late 80's early 90s and seeing shows in Jackson and in Baton Rouge to THIS DAY that STILL wow me when I go back and look at 'em. I couldn't wait to get to Memorial Stadium when SU came to town. A LOT has changed. I would say that we're getting old but I don't think that's the case.........the shows now are just meh.

Man you ain't lyin' JR! I remember being in high school and being at JSU in the late 80's early 90s and seeing shows in Jackson and in Baton Rouge to THIS DAY that STILL wow me when I go back and look at 'em. I couldn't wait to get to Memorial Stadium when SU came to town. A LOT has changed. I would say that we're getting old but I don't think that's the case.........the shows now are just meh.
. I totally agree! Those shows back then were totally awesome and it's been a long time since I've seen anything remotely close by any band on the field! The excitement factor is gone!

It was only the third week of football season. Southern has reached it's plateau for the season, JSU is transitioning and will improve as the season progresses.

It was only the third week of football season. Southern has reached it's plateau for the season, JSU is transitioning and will improve as the season progresses.

How in the world would you know SU has reached it's plateau? LOL. Hell this was only their second performance of the year as well. SU traditionally gets stronger as the season goes on. They are no where near what they will be by season's end. I expect all bands to keep improving.

Exactly what I was talking about. It was a slow paced boring show. I'm sorry, I love the Boom and always will but I'm never gonna come on here and lie. It was BORING. Slow.....this is not the Boom I knew growing up and not even the Boom from Taylor's recent years. I actually stopped watching. And someone earlier said something about a dance routine that got cut......first of all, it's not about dancing that makes an exciting show......and after that shat I saw in Memphis, it might be better to NOT do a dance routine. The show was just slow and boring.........no energy. And I also agree.........cut heads from football on down.
I agree. I mentioned the show was boring and MF said I must haven't marched before lol. When at the end of the day I marched under mr. Little at Lanier and marched in the boom also . Idk y people on here try to down people just to make them feel like they are band genius. Smh. So with my marching creditionals now known I still say the boom field show has been boring the last two games. And I even asked a girl that plays in the boom about the show Saturday and she said it had nothing to do with SU not giving them time. There show was to long From the start so they had to cut it. Somebody earlier said that it was because of SU not giving them enough time. That's was a false, made up excuse. One thing I can say about little is he's a great director but he when he was my director we would always go back in forward with song selection choices because I never liked his choices. I would always suggest something else. He always allowed his section leaders to give in put but other than his bad at playing the right songs at the right time, he's a damn good director .

They've been twisting things for years! And some of these others commenting wouldn't know a instrument if it slapped them in the face. Sometimes it's best to stick to things you're familiar with and from some of these comments,some of these people don't know anything about a marching band. Su has a lot of nut riders 2!!!

I marched at A&M and played bass drum my freshman year and Sousaphone for four years. I know about band and I am not a nut rider by any stretch of the imagination. In my opinion, SU had a better show last weekend. Feel free to disagree, I personally do not give a damn

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I agree. I mentioned the show was boring and MF said I must haven't marched before lol. When at the end of the day I marched under mr. Little at Lanier and marched in the boom also . Idk y people on here try to down people just to make them feel like they are band genius. Smh. So with my marching creditionals now known I still say the boom field show has been boring the last two games. And I even asked a girl that plays in the boom about the show Saturday and she said it had nothing to do with SU not giving them time. There show was to long From the start so they had to cut it. Somebody earlier said that it was because of SU not giving them enough time. That's was a false, made up excuse. One thing I can say about little is he's a great director but he when he was my director we would always go back in forward with song selection choices because I never liked his choices. I would always suggest something else. He always allowed his section leaders to give in put but other than his bad at playing the right songs at the right time, he's a damn good director .

eyes.png

Not that I needed this for confirmation of the bullsheet allegation against Haymer not allowing them time. But whatdayaknow? So many blatant LIES and assUMPTIONS have been debunked on this thread.

Not true at all. SU old heads are not saying no such thing. They are actually surprised at the lack of show at halftime by the Boom. Seriously. Just like all us have said. More emphasis is put on the stands. And even then, I am seeing even the MOST critical Jukes giving the "S" the W. Halftime is always a sore spot for me because I have not gotten the WOW factor since maybe the early to mid 90s.

TxSU ain't had a band to smoke nobody in over 20 plus years. My frat bruhs and sorors absolutely hate what has happened to Ocean since the early 90s. LOL. I actually feel sorry for them. Because the Ocean used to be something. 06 was Jackson's first year and they were bringing some heat as he had something to prove. Man yall new school don't know how to judge any kind of battle I see. Sheesh.
Don't you know, whenever a band isn't totally poo against us, folks try to give them the W. Instead of just saying they did a good job. I was in that 06 5th and watched the tape several times and didn't see how folks claimed we got crushed. TXSU played 1 memorable song (Careless Whispers) everything else was easily batted away by us. It was a great battle, but definitely not an L.

Don't you know, whenever a band isn't totally poo against us, folks try to give them the W. Instead of just saying they did a good job. I was in that 06 5th and watched the tape several times and didn't see how folks claimed we got crushed. TXSU played 1 memorable song (Careless Whispers) everything else was easily batted away by us. It was a great battle, but definitely not an L.

Realistically, that may have been TxSU's best year since before the Japan incident. If you ask me, there wasn't anything memorable at all about that fifth (not even Careless Whispers). Listen to the execution of those tunes, the f-horns playing in an unpractical range consistently, just to name a few things.
TxSU benefited from the increased number of New Orleans band members that relocated due to Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans was deep in that band that year. That's why they shocked a lot of people that year with their volume, but it was not polished in my opinion. The key here is it was a good year for them. Folks take that because a band is having the best year ever, that cancels out what the other band is bringing to the table. Nonsense.

A little secret here. It's gonna take more than beefed up numbers and volume to trump the Jukebox.

How in the world would you know SU has reached it's plateau? LOL. Hell this was only their second performance of the year as well. SU traditionally gets stronger as the season goes on. They are no where near what they will be by season's end. I expect all bands to keep improving.

I think he was trying to say, other marching bands halftime shows change. Southern's halftime shows will always be something old and something borrowed from previous halftime shows.

The Boom Staff was in Chicago last week recruiting and auditioning. Looking at the number of graduating Seniors in the video, it appears they don't have many scholarships to offer, unless they increase the size of the band, again.

Last edited:
The boom needs to get Sanford as far away as possible. This man just came in and ran the show over little this year. Halftime looked like he was trying to revive his days at Norfolk. Not to throw shade but he really jacked up jsu from a halftime stand pt.., and this is just inside sources man. Boom members weren't too stoked about this man ... I will say the boom improved as the season progressed with littles influences taking affect. I pray they get a true arranger man... They need old buddy who arranged flight for them. Whoever wrote don't save her ... Please keep writing. Trump funk needs to be better man... All this hanging over and thin sounds wasn't a good look at all... That's part section and arranging to let counter parts in the brass tone down so the trumpets can shine more often... They arranged to that strength late in the season but by that time, it was to late. Last note, weren't to many new songs in the book this year for jsu... I heard a lot more throwbacks than normal and that needs to be fixed.

The boom needs to get Sanford as far away as possible. This man just came in and ran the show over little this year. Halftime looked like he was trying to revive his days at Norfolk. Not to throw shade but he really jacked up jsu from a halftime stand pt.., and this is just inside sources man. Boom members weren't too stoked about this man ... I will say the boom improved as the season progressed with littles influences taking affect. I pray they get a true arranger man... They need old buddy who arranged flight for them. Whoever wrote don't save her ... Please keep writing. Trump funk needs to be better man... All this hanging over and thin sounds wasn't a good look at all... That's part section and arranging to let counter parts in the brass tone down so the trumpets can shine more often... They arranged to that strength late in the season but by that time, it was to late. Last note, weren't to many new songs in the book this year for jsu... I heard a lot more throwbacks than normal and that needs to be fixed.
I agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back