Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2015-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was the band at the state capital?

I'm not certain but I've seen photo's in yearbooks from back in the day where the band would take a photo on the steps of the State Capital bldg. So it was probably a photo shoot for the yearbook.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Aren't these guys supposed to turn they're backs or something? And they showed up at a book reading festival. I see they support Ole Miss too.o_O

11903708_10154164404104097_4264206378732463114_n.jpg

JSU 2015-2016 Edition Performs At The Mississippi State Capitol (Full Performance)

Bravo!!! Thanks for the post of the full performance! With the increase in size of the BOOM this year I see I'll have to (Re)"Fine Tune My Sensory Apparatus."
LOL!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Another boring show JSU.
I agree. I was so pissed at that show. Jsu might just need to clean house from football Coach to band dir..... What they don't understand is by being lazy with things like field show and etc takes away from the excitement for the next year. It's not like HBCU have hundreds of highly anticipated games so let's not neglect what's holding interest as of now.

The boom didn't get to do the dance routine because the clock started running on them while the team was getting off the field. They only had 8 min and had to cut something. I don't know if you guys know anything about bands or not but the drilling was excellent. Neither halftime was great in my opinion!

The boom didn't get to do the dance routine because the clock started running on them while the team was getting off the field. They only had 8 min and had to cut something. I don't know if you guys know anything about bands or not but the drilling was excellent. Neither halftime was great in my opinion!
No their show was well over 9 minutes. Check the video.

I agree. I was so pissed at that show. Jsu might just need to clean house from football Coach to band dir..... What they don't understand is by being lazy with things like field show and etc takes away from the excitement for the next year. It's not like HBCU have hundreds of highly anticipated games so let's not neglect what's holding interest as of now.
You sound retarded... I agree with football coach, but not band director..... Boom has a waaaay better band staff.

You can call it restarted or whatever you want but again seem likes Jsu needs to clean house with the coach and directors. It's my opinion just as you stated yours.

That SU drill pattern was cold. Step one then a transition to a step two in the center of the band and then back to a step one to stack back to the line. Very difficult drill to execute. A clear difference as SU's drill had drive and energy, JSU's tempo was much too slow to keep my interest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back