Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2015-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc. Little is the man! I see he is gonna be a very aggressive director! But with class.
So class is leaving your trash on the field after your performance knowing another band is performing after you, and it's right in front of your football team's sideline?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tributes ain't nothing new, marching bands have been honoring the dead and the living for years! Band wise, when Southern does something that has never been done or seen before, wake me, I will be over here -------------------->

Last edited:
Tributes ain't nothing new, marching bands have been honoring the dead and the living for years! Band wise, when Southern does something that has never done or seen, wake me, I will be over here ---------------------------------------->

What did JSU do that has never been done before? What has any band done? Ain't none of these directors creating any magical drills.

I know one thing SU will continue to be SU not biting off anybody. Competing and comparing ourselves only with previous versions of the "S"

It how we were raised. Thanks Doc Greggs.

SU had a better field show.... the tribute to the HS student that passed away was a class act
Everyone does tributes!!
Tributes ain't nothing new, marching bands have been honoring the dead and the living for years! Band wise, when Southern does
Tributes ain't nothing new, marching bands have been honoring the dead and the living for years! Band wise, when Southern does something that has never done or seen, wake me, I will be over here ---------------------------------------->
Everyone does tributes!

That SU drill pattern was cold. Step one then a transition to a step two in the center of the band and then back to a step one to stack back to the line. Very difficult drill to execute. A clear difference as SU's drill had drive and energy, JSU's tempo was much too slow to keep my interest.

Exactly what I was talking about. It was a slow paced boring show. I'm sorry, I love the Boom and always will but I'm never gonna come on here and lie. It was BORING. Slow.....this is not the Boom I knew growing up and not even the Boom from Taylor's recent years. I actually stopped watching. And someone earlier said something about a dance routine that got cut......first of all, it's not about dancing that makes an exciting show......and after that shat I saw in Memphis, it might be better to NOT do a dance routine. The show was just slow and boring.........no energy. And I also agree.........cut heads from football on down.

Eloquently and truthfully stated! Thank you!

The collection plate skit wasn't entertaining at all to me. It did make me chuckle that JSU could not rock the house and SU did... I laughed from a healthy place at that. Also N. Haymer getting on the mike talking about "drilling 101" and actually talked through the drill as if explaining to a entry level course on drilling what they saw on the field was actually pretty funny too. SU had a better show

The collection plate skit wasn't entertaining at all to me. It did make me chuckle that JSU could not rock the house and SU did... I laughed from a healthy place at that. Also N. Haymer getting on the mike talking about "drilling 101" and actually talked through the drill as if explaining to a entry level course on drilling what they saw on the field was actually pretty funny too. SU had a better show

Hold on so southern had the better show ? But they recycled that same drill from last years bayou classic and just played a new drill song over it... But that's none of my business though... Psssh out drilled haha very amusing how you su fans twist and turn.

Hold on so southern had the better show ? But they recycled that same drill from last years bayou classic and just played a new drill song over it... But that's none of my business though... Psssh out drilled haha very amusing how you su fans twist and turn.
They've been twisting things for years! And some of these others commenting wouldn't know a instrument if it slapped them in the face. Sometimes it's best to stick to things you're familiar with and from some of these comments,some of these people don't know anything about a marching band. Su has a lot of nut riders 2!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No point in even arguing with anybody anymore. Just agree to disagree lol.

Anyway, it was a good time. We rocked that lil corner and had fun all game long regardless of what others have to say. Thee Boom came in ready for war. As far as the halftime, neither was all that to me. Thee Boom didn't even get to finish because they were told at the last minute they had to cut it down to 8 mins so as much was cut as possible but still end up a little over 9 mins. Yall didn't really expect a 90% SU crowd to cheer for Thee Boom spelling "Go Fund SU" did you? Lol. Seriously.

5th was pretty good. I do find it funny how SU folks always cry about us making them leave our stadium but turn around and pull the same stuff. Alot of good songs Thee Boom came prepared to play barely even got touched lol.

Regardless, both schools came to do what they were suppose to. See yall next year lol.

Last edited:
No point in even arguing with anybody anymore. Just agree to disagree lol.

Anyway, it was a good time. We rocked that lil corner and had fun all game long regardless of what others have to say. Thee Boom came in ready for war. As far as the halftime, neither was all that to me. Thee Boom didn't even get to finish because they were told at the last minute they had to cut it down to 8 mins so as much was cut as possible but still end up a little over 9 mins. Yall didn't really expect a 90% SU crowd to cheer for Thee Boom spelling "Go Fund SU" did you? Lol. Seriously.

5th was pretty good. I do find it funny how SU folks always cry about us making them leave our stadium but turn around and pull the same stuff. Alot of good songs Thee Boom came prepared to play barely even got touched lol.

Regardless, both schools came to do what they were suppose to. See yall next year lol.
I always say if you don't like what you see quit watching the clips. Hell the only swac bands I ever watch clips of are Jsu and Su and meac Bethune Cookman! The rest are boring as hell to me so I don't watch! That way I don't have anything to complain about lol!

Both bands had lack luster fields shows but SU had a better field show. JSU was sending heat and hitting SU in the stands. Winner: Fans

Both bands are too strong to blow each other out. As much as SU wants to separate themselves from JSU they really can't. Both bands have excellent staff and arrangers who won't allow it to happen. SU did wax TC at the botb it wasn't even close.

I liked both shows. They gave you something for the band heads and something for the general public who is really the main audience. As for the time limit. If JSU ran out of time, that was Little's fault.

The best thing yall played, was that Foxy Brown...everything else was good and poo...needs more work..do better...

That "Let it Burn" was poo...

What the hell were yall thinking

Do Better, like I said..yall not even the 2nd best sounding band in the SWAC...

shat was disgusting on Saturday....I told yall, to stop living off hype and yall name and show up and outplay SU, but again..that didn't happened...

Last year was a F

This year was a D- (I guess yall improved) see yall cornballs next year...smh..

Don't come into the season on the High horse again..

Let this be a lesson..SU is the KING OF THIS SHAT..

See - SU - Sleeping in my bed and see if you can pull anything JSU played this weekend, better yet this year or last or the last year that's seeing that song..

I"ll wait LOL

Bighead... U still being retarded...& u don't know swac band history dude...smh. Don't u know the Boom used to be once of the most technical arranging bands ever back in the day....especially under the old guard...Of directors like Davis, Haughton & Taylor. That Dru hill song was good, but the Boom have arramgements to songs in they back catalog that will blow ya mind technically! I like they pleayed that Jupiter & do u remember me....arranged by D. Taylor. Man was a beast! Maybe Little will bring more of those out & write a few new ones....I assure u, JSU has the staff to compete with SU in arrangements!

& until this day.....I have never heard one swac band director that can arrange better than Professor William W. Davis!!!! If u don't know who that is bighead...look it up fool. Lol.

Bighead... U still being retarded...& u don't know swac band history dude...smh. Don't u know the Boom used to be once of the most technical arranging bands ever back in the day....especially under the old guard...Of directors like Davis, Haughton & Taylor. That Dru hill song was good, but the Boom have arramgements to songs in they back catalog that will blow ya mind technically! I like they pleayed that Jupiter & do u remember me....arranged by D. Taylor. Man was a beast! Maybe Little will bring more of those out & write a few new ones....I assure u, JSU has the staff to compete with SU in arrangements!

Soooo
What are they now??

Were they technical this past Saturday....better yet, have they been technical the past 5 or so years...cuz the arrangements are so elementary it's sad..

Let's see if we can get the boom back to that place you speak about..that's all I'm saying

Pull me up something the boom played "THIS YEAR" that's seeing that Dru Hill, if you can't do that

go away fast, we have nothing to talk about, yo band aint even seeing that arrangement and that's not even SU best tune...so again...holla at me when yo band get to SU's platform..

I told you that you're living off the name...it spills all in your posts..as you revert back to the past..dude what are yall doing now..Not a dayum thing but living off that name..Lol..

Cuz what I heard besides that Foxy joint, the rest of that stuff was trash...but some think it was A1 sauce...

As of now, NO BAND IS MATCHING ANYTHING SU IS BRINGING TO THE TABLE

Go back and watch yo band's halftime show and ask yourself if you're 100% proud of that...if you are, then LMAO @ you

& until this day.....I have never heard one swac band director that can arrange better than Professor William W. Davis!!!! If u don't know who that is bighead...look it up fool. Lol.

SIVAD was a bad man. Different.

Roy Johnson was the best arranger I have seen in the SWAC. If you talk to Taylor, Adams, and if Doc was alive they would echo those sentiments. But yeah SIVAD was on some other stuff in the 70s. Big Band sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back