Jackson State leader Ronald Mason applies for Southern University job

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you don't do that with a competing institution like Southern - that's similar to agreeing with a "non-compete clause" in a contract. And when you go on those interviews, I really doubt that you would tell your boss - THIS scenario is different.

Anyway, can you JSU guys answer the question please? Do you want Mason to stay or go? :noidea:

:retard:
He's not interviewing for the President position at Southern University (Baton Rouge) He's interviewing for the President position for the Southern University system...which is a step up.

However, I can't say I would have an issue if he interviewed for the Southern University/or any other SWAC school President position if that's what he wanted to do. Y'all making this shyt too personal! Like he's y'all lover or something!! It's a Business...and he has done a good job overall as a business leader (from what I can tell). Folks feelings got hurt along the way...oh well...daymn he aint trying to eat at your dinner table every night or be the Godfather of your children...keep that shyt moving.

University Presidents move around...we hear about it all the time. Why we acting like scorned lovers?! We just have to make sure we stay as vocal as possible if/when JSU gets another President. I know we don't really have a say-so (as shown by MSU last pick, I think it was MSU) but we have to do our part.

I like President Mason...I would love for him to stay and continue to lead the University in the right direction. Hopefully, along the way, he can continue to piss Alumni off to the point where they might actually step up and give money instead of sitting on their asses and complaining!! :lol:

JSU's lost is SU's gain. This man is brilliant and he has major financial connections with the big wigs. He raised 66 million dollars for JSU. Some of our old azz alumni who don't give put a penny is hate this man because he has been doing the right thing. True enough his plan to merge was just a plan that he had just in case old whitey really tried to close alcorn and valley.

And by the way, what's with all of this singing of praises and crying over Mason - does JSU want him to stay or go? :noidea:

You can't argue with stability. Mason gave us that. JSU is a well-run university. That is why we laugh at the rest of you.

Of course you have some haters (and some HIGHLY ignorant people who don't understand the need for a merger propasal) but Mason has had haters since the first day he took the job. Heck, during his interview, there were people who wanted a JSU alum or someone chosen BY the alumni that someone called in a bomb threat. Some people just never wanted him in Jackson. Upon his hiring, a whole lot of VPs resigned because they felt the state was saying that none of them were good enough to run JSU. Mason brought in his OWN people and all of that old guard at JSU was out the door. Of course, people didn't like that but Mason didn't give a fugg. He was only focused on doing his job. :lecture:

We lost our last 3 Presidents to other univerisities. We lost Heffner to TNState, Lyons to some campus in the University of California system, and now Mason to the SU system. We must be doing something right. :lecture:

The IHL will bring us another good leader. Sometimes change is good but I bet Mason is going to wish he never left Jackson. :lol:

Re: JSU's MASON

That's what they reported in Jackson last Friday when people first found out he was applying/asked to apply.
They interviewed him on TV this weekend and he said he wanted to end his carear, retire, at JSU cause there are at least 10 more years of construction project's on the books for JSU.
BUT he also said that if the right offer came along to go back home to Louisana like the SU System, he would have to take a serious look at it.

Despite being JSU grads - good points made by TP, Tomcat and "Southside."

I like Mason as well and I have to admit that he has done good things for JSU - especially the campus. My grandparents were administrators at Tougaloo and Alcorn so I have some familiarity with those schools.

I do have to say that I am a little bias here since Haynes is a "Southernite" and has an exemplary national record to match that of Mason.

But, sad to say, my inside connections down in Baton Rouge are suggesting that I may lose that bet of Haynes getting the gig. Either way it's a win-win for Southern.

And by the way, you JSU folk, don't let my earlier compliments get to your head. I still can't stand ya'll!

In fact, if I was catching the subway train at night and saw three alum from JSU, Grambling and FAMU stranded on the track and had the option to save them or a nasty, fat, greasy subway rat? I'd save the rat!

SU!

JSU has survived since 1877 and she will continue to strengthen, not on the backbone of one leader but due to our strong financially stable true alumni, (like me) who always give not pennies (5.00) but over 1,000 annually.

I will have to go and pull my development foundation list to see who is really giving money. Currently we have over 3,000 alumni who gives big bucks on a semi-annual basis.

JSU has survived since 1877 and she will continue to strengthen, not on the backbone of one leader but due to our strong financially stable true alumni, (like me) who always give not pennies (5.00) but over 1,000 annually.

I will have to go and pull my development foundation list to see who is really giving money. Currently we have over 3,000 alumni who gives big bucks on a semi-annual basis.

But even that's flawed b/c Alums that donate to local Chapters are not listed with the Developmental Foundation. The money goes into the local Chapter's account and then the chapter sends one check down to the University in the Chapter's name.

Despite being JSU grads - good points made by TP, Tomcat and "Southside."

I like Mason as well and I have to admit that he has done good things for JSU - especially the campus. My grandparents were administrators at Tougaloo and Alcorn so I have some familiarity with those schools.

I do have to say that I am a little bias here since Haynes is a "Southernite" and has an exemplary national record to match that of Mason.

But, sad to say, my inside connections down in Baton Rouge are suggesting that I may lose that bet of Haynes getting the gig. Either way it's a win-win for Southern.

And by the way, you JSU folk, don't let my earlier compliments get to your head. I still can't stand ya'll!

In fact, if I was catching the subway train at night and saw three alum from JSU, Grambling and FAMU stranded on the track and had the option to save them or a nasty, fat, greasy subway rat? I'd save the rat!

SU!

So appropriate for a SU grad to be keeping company with a nasty rat!!

So appropriate for a SU grad to be keeping company with a nasty rat!!

Cut it Out SS.... :kaioken::lol:

:kiss:

I wish all the Candidates well......

Let's just get the right man for the Job in..... If that Happens to be Mason.. Great, If not... He'll remain on Lynch St.

I can't wait until Mason is selected. All the SU and JSU games will be at Memorial.:flippy:

I can't wait until Mason is selected. All the SU and JSU games will be at Memorial.:flippy:

You do realize that the President of the SU system has less power than the President position at JSU. The only person deciding where the game will be is Tony Clayton and the SU board who will be Mason's boss if they hired him. I hope he knows that if he accepts that job. Unless you are the SU Board Chair, you aint the man or woman in charge. :lol:

Mason only had to worry about the Ms University Board/Governor. That's who hired him at JSU. He gone have many bosses if he comes to SU.:D

That would make me stay in Jackson.

I am sure he is looking at the money aspect. He would be President of a System that includes SU-Shreveport, SU-New Orleans, SU-Baton Rouge,and SU Law Center. So it comes with it's perks over just being a President of a campus. Right now he is the equivalent of our Chancellor of the BR Campus.

The Chancellors of each of the campuses make most of the decisions concerning things on their particular campus and they would report to SU System President who then reports to the SU Board.

Mason probably is also feeling the heat for siding with the Gov about that merger junk. Although his bosses are not mad at him, the folks he work with and people who work for him, not to mention the JSU, Alcorn and Valley alums around the area been giving him some grief about all of that. Coming to LA were he is from will give him an escape for more money. LOL. Of course he can't start that mess at SU since he will not have that kind of authority to talk merger stuff.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at Jennings make the top 3. They will never pick this guy. He was allowing an ap&m employee to get top dollar, while he was working at ap&m. Jennings is a crook in the makings. Not too many good leaders come from ap&m. They have major financial scandals. They will look at what Mason has done at JSU and won't give ap&m former prez a chance.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2010/04/former_am_president_named_fina.html

Just read that Mason, Jennings and Haynes are the three finalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back