Jackson State leader Ronald Mason applies for Southern University job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JSU prez applies for Southern system job

They been reporting that here in jackson for the last 4 days.
He is actually one of the FINALIST for the position.
They reported that something should be known today or at least by Wednesday.

They had a poll here on Wapt TV16 asking what should mason due.
Under 10% said stay at JSU.
Over 40% said take the job.
Over 40% said he should get out of education all together
.:lol:
Bottom line is no matter how, the majority of the votes in that poll want him gone out of Mississippi period so I'll bet those votes was skewed with valley, JSU, and Alcorn posters.

Can't say that I want him gone off one fugg up so I'm gonna see how this play out because outside of putting his big arse foot in his big mouth with that merger fantasy, he has done a hell of a lot building up JSU and the surrounding area.
That fact cannot be argued with.
:tup:

Dang. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Do I agree with everything Mason does? No, but this man has done a lot. You can count on him to get the job done whether you like him or not.

Personally, I think they came after him, and I don't see anything wrong with keeping your options open. We do it all the time.

Alums wants him to leave JSU, but something tells me we will mess it up looking for a new pres. and get far worse.

Do I agree with everything Mason does? No, but this man has done a lot. You can count on him to get the job done whether you like him or not.

Personally, I think they came after him, and I don't see anything wrong with keeping your options open. We do it all the time.

Alums wants him to leave JSU, but something tells me we will mess it up looking for a new pres. and get far worse.

Trust me.:lecture:
WE, JSU, won't even be in the decision to mess a college Presidential search up.
If that time comes, JUST LIKE WITH MISSISSIPPI STATE, JSU will not know who the new President is until the College Board announce it.

Alumni don't pick University presidents in Mississippi.
The College Board do and the last 2 Presidents chosen to run Mississippi Universities was decided behind closed doors.:nod:

why not SU? If Slade come, the lawmakers will fall in love with the eye candy and you'll get new buildings all over the place...plus, if you're a great friend of hers the salaries may rise tremedously..:emlaugh:

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100410/NEWS/4100344/JSU+chief+looks+at+new+job

"It's disappointing," JSU senior Michael Morris said. "I would like to think that he's more focused on the issues we are facing - not applying for other jobs."

Morris said the fact that Mason was considering Southern - a JSU rival - makes it even more difficult.

"Up until this point I've been pro-Mason, but this makes me wonder whether his heart is really with Jackson State," he said.

Wow!

I would have no problem with Slade running Jackson State ( I just need to see a recent picture of her). :lecture: The thing you all don't realize is that JSU does not allow the mess that other schools allow. Our faculty senate keeps our President in check. The college board will never have to worry about a JSU President because it will be checked at home first...believe that!

You saw that too huh? Folks still forget about Haynes, who just might get the job.

He may have a deep resume but I personally believe that if they wanted him, they would not have came knocking on any doors on Lynch Street.

He may have a deep resume but I personally believe that if they wanted him, they would not have came knocking on any doors on Lynch Street.

That's true but I think Mason messed himself up with that merger business. If not for the controversy he would be a shoe in for the System title. No one wants to bring in a certified "back-stabber." My bet is that Mason and Haynes are the top two - with Haynes leading by an inch.

That's true but I think Mason messed himself up with that merger business. If not for the controversy he would be a shoe in for the System title. No one wants to bring in a certified "back-stabber." My bet is that Mason and Haynes are the top two - with Haynes leading by an inch.

If Mason gets to answer those concerns in an interview, people will see that he was not a back-stabber. Mason was simply devising a plan so that the three HBCUs would have a say in how we would be merged IF that day ever came. He felt that IF we had to merge, we should be prepared. Without a plan in place, we would be at the mercy of the state if ever faced with merger. Problem is, someone back-stabbed him and made him look like a back-stabber.

If Mason gets to answer those concerns in an interview, people will see that he was not a back-stabber. Mason was simply devising a plan so that the three HBCUs would have a say in how we would be merged IF that day ever came. He felt that IF we had to merge, we should be prepared. Without a plan in place, we would be at the mercy of the state if ever faced with merger. Problem is, someone back-stabbed him and made him look like a back-stabber.

People fail to realize that...

This is true. Point well taken TP. However, the Jaguar Nation is healing and recovering wounds from recent political warfare and the last thing anybody in Baton Rouge wants is drama. Regardless of his intentions with the merger business - the scenario looks suspect when it comes to ethics and loyalty.

Now, if Mason thinks those backroom deals are fine in Mississippi he had better change his mindset real fast if he gets that job, because he will definitely "GET CUT" in Baton Rouge behaving that way - just saying. I'm from Philly and I know crazy when I see it. You guys on this board act like you don't know about BR. Mason will "GET CUT" down there. :lol:

I have Haynes by an inch.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

It is Mason who applied for the job, therefore he came knocking on the doors, not vice versa.

:smh:

This is true. Point well taken TP. However, the Jaguar Nation is healing and recovering wounds from recent political warfare and the last thing anybody in Baton Rouge wants is drama. Regardless of his intentions with the merger business - the scenario looks suspect when it comes to ethics and loyalty.

Now, if Mason thinks those backroom deals are fine in Mississippi he had better change his mindset real fast if he gets that job, because he will definitely "GET CUT" in Baton Rouge behaving that way - just saying. I'm from Philly and I know crazy when I see it. You guys on this board act like you don't know about BR. Mason will "GET CUT" down there. :lol:

I have Haynes by an inch.

Mason is a politician. Everything we want at JSU we have or it is on the way. If you get a system president in there who does not know how to "play the game", you will remain in a sad state. JSU has thrived under Mason because of his "give and take" approach with the State and the University. Everything a President does better be a backroom deal because we know that OUR PEOPLE stop things in their tracks at the first sign of progress. Mason knows what we want at JSU. If we say we want a 45K seat stadium...and state says we only want to give you 25K. When the plan gets unveiled, it will seat 35K. :lol: At that point, it will be a done deal, with all financial expects taken care of. If we can get more Mason gets us more but knows how to get the most for us. :nod: In the end ALL parties have to be happy. Neither side will have what they REALLY want but both sides can accept the agreement. THAT is what a good President does.

Regardless, it looks like you have two good people to choose from but as I see it, they want Mason; not Haynes.

Laughing at all of these "wells" and "Amens" - you know Mason could have turned Southern down when they contacted him. :lol:

And by the way, what's with all of this singing of praises and crying over Mason - does JSU want him to stay or go? :noidea:

Uhhh, that would've been a dumb move.

Even I go on interviews I may not be totally interested in -- just to brush up on my interview skills and an opportunity to meet people I just may come across again on down the road.

Uhhh, that would've been a dumb move.

Even I go on interviews I may not be totally interested in -- just to brush up on my interview skills and an opportunity to meet people I just may come across again on down the road.

But you don't do that with a competing institution like Southern - that's similar to agreeing with a "non-compete clause" in a contract. And when you go on those interviews, I really doubt that you would tell your boss - THIS scenario is different.

Anyway, can you JSU guys answer the question please? Do you want Mason to stay or go? :noidea:

he scored the best so far......the job is his to turn down..he was "recruited" alright......that's how these searches work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back