Jackson Residents--- Ex Jackson Residents--- Interested outsiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think he is, Frat has love for Jackson and the whole state. He grew up on the north side which is still a decent area well certain parts of it. Hanging Moss aka "Slanging Moss" area, Watkins Dr and Beasley out north is becoming hood. The houses in that area are still in decent condition with a few empty ones. The best part of living out there is that its close to some main attractions in the area lol.

Dont think he is, Frat has love for Jackson and the whole state. He grew up on the north side which is still a decent area well certain parts of it. Hanging Moss aka "Slanging Moss" area, Watkins Dr and Beasley out north is becoming hood. The houses in that area are still in decent condition with a few empty ones. The best part of living out there is that its close to some main attractions in the area lol.

Yep. It is. You are hitting it on the head. I keep hoping for some change though. If I had the money and influence I would come back to try to help. But I would need to be some billionaire mofo with Warren Buffet like clout to come back to Jackson to scare some of them old head politicians into action. LOL.

Alright jagfan here's what he said about the Christopher Columbus deal
and how it helps Jackson NOW

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/weblogs/jackblog/2013/may/23/wapt-should-be-ashamed/#c3066

He was asked how we can keep students from dropping out of Jackson Public Schools, and he answered that maybe if our black youth was learning a little bit more about black culture and roots, they might be a little more interested in school and have a little bit more self-worth.

This helps the drop out rate NOW

I'll go further and say that self worth and more interest in school may lead to less break-ins and crime period NOW.

Reached by phone Thursday afternoon, Lumumba said the headline and the idea that he wants to remove Columbus from the history books is "disappointing."

"I never said that. ... What I was really saying is that we need to add the people who came before ... . I just want the history books to accurately reflect that Columbus opened the Western Hemisphere to Europe," he said. "He did not discover it." Lumumba said he has used that line hundreds of times over the years, and said it was curious that it was just getting publicity now.

Now I won't be doing this for the next 4 years everytime you wanna argue about something the man says ~sheesh~

Well, you have to admit the guy is probably one of the more polarizing candidates we've seen in a long time.

Like jstate83, I hope he proves me wrong. I hope he makes an outstanding mayor.

Although I don't feel like he's going to be able to keep his foot out of his mouth long enough to get anything useful done .... :lol:

We'll be watching.

I did ... and I do.

But, ... uhh ... although you said I "mischaracterized somebody I've never met" ....

That may not be the case. :uhoh:

I've never seen you post about any other Jackson mayor, but anyway
let's just stop and save some for next time.

I've never seen you post about any other Jackson mayor, but anyway
let's just stop and save some for next time.

I've had several user names on here over the years. I've never been as obnoxious with any of those as I have been with this one. :lol: So, you wouldn't have known any of the other posts were made by me.

But, I agree. Until the next time .... :tup:

I did ... and I do.

But, ... uhh ... although you said I "mischaracterized somebody I've never met" ....

That may not be the case. :uhoh:

You did mischaracterize the man. Now that Tony has given you the FULL story on what Lumumba meant when he mentioned Columbus, you're trying to back down without actually admitting that you were wrong.
I think it's you whose put his foot in his mouth.....AGAIN.:smh:

You did mischaracterize the man. Now that Tony has given you the FULL story on what Lumumba meant when he mentioned Columbus, you're trying to back down without actually admitting that you were wrong.
I think it's you whose put his foot in his mouth.....AGAIN.:smh:

:smh:

I most certainly did not.

If you really think changing the history books to "reflect that Columbus opened the Western Hemisphere to Europe" is going to change the academic fortunes of Black kids in Jackson, then have at it.

:lol:

Here's the real deal, JayRob:

I've read his platform. I've read other "ideas" he's presented (Jackson-Kush plan).

The bottom line is that it's all mumbo-jumbo. Political gibberish that has little chance of EVER being accomplished and, even if it was, would have practically NO impact on the City of Jackson during the next four years. You know, his term of office.

As I said before, the Jackson Mayor's Office has become nothing more than a bully pulpit to get back at Whitey while accomplishing absolutely nothing that will improve the well-being and quality of life of the citizens of the city here and now.

Dude's a clown and so are you for supporting him.

Mischaracterization? I think not.

:smh:

I most certainly did not.

If you really think changing the history books to "reflect that Columbus opened the Western Hemisphere to Europe" is going to change the academic fortunes of Black kids in Jackson, then have at it.

:lol:

Here's the real deal, JayRob:

I've read his platform. I've read other "ideas" he's presented (Jackson-Kush plan).

The bottom line is that it's all mumbo-jumbo. Political gibberish that has little chance of EVER being accomplished and, even if it was, would have practically NO impact on the City of Jackson during the next four years. You know, his term of office. It just shows an incredible lack of insight into what it actually takes to run and build a city.

As I said before, the Jackson Mayor's Office has become nothing more than a bully pulpit to get back at Whitey while accomplishing absolutely nothing that will improve the well-being and quality of life of the citizens of the city here and now.

Dude's a clown and so are you for supporting him.

Mischaracterization? I think not.

I apologize for thinking you couldn't post anything less intelligent than you've already posted.:smh:

You can't move government across the street to county line road. Folks talk about Jackson but every morning there are traffic jams two miles long coming into Jackson from all sides.
Put up a toll, they'll pay it and still talk about Jackson while they're dropping that quarter or fifty cents into the machine.
These folks know where their bread is buttered. I don't see folks trying to get into Madison in droves round 7:30 or 8am.

When did i say government offices? ! said MAJOR BUSINESS. lol Jackson gets ZERO TAX DOLLARS from all those government buildings downtown yet JACKSON pays for providing all the services to them. As for those traffic jams, that is just workers comming in from the burbs, taking every dime they make back to the burbs at 5pm. They dont pay any taxes to jackson for roads, sewer, upkeep, police, fire, etc. All those workers paychecks money, minus the cost of a hotdog at lunch, go back to the burbs and jackson dont get shat. Now tell me what is so good about that. lol

lol. After watching and listening to Lumumba for decades, now all of a sudden everybody is mischaracterizing him. lol Like he just came on the scene when he started runnig for mayor. The only thing that will make this Lumumba-Stokes clown show complete is for David Archer azz to win a city seat now. He fit that bill. Everybody is a house negro or evil whity to him. lol POWER TO THE PO PEOPLE..............S. lmao

When did i say government offices? ! said MAJOR BUSINESS. lol Jackson gets ZERO TAX DOLLARS from all those government buildings downtown yet JACKSON pays for providing all the services to them. As for those traffic jams, that is just workers comming in from the burbs, taking every dime they make back to the burbs at 5pm. They dont pay any taxes to jackson for roads, sewer, upkeep, police, fire, etc. All those workers paychecks money, minus the cost of a hotdog at lunch, go back to the burbs and jackson dont get shat. Now tell me what is so good about that. lol

That's exactly my point. Make 'em pay just like the larger cities have done. It may be difficult to get the legislature to go along with it but it's a start. Folks who work in Jackson but don't pay taxes in Jackson should be charged a commuter fee. That includes myself.

That's exactly my point. Make 'em pay just like the larger cities have done. It may be difficult to get the legislature to go along with it but it's a start. Folks who work in Jackson but don't pay taxes in Jackson should be charged a commuter fee. That includes myself.

man....... that shat aint happening. Never in a million years will MDOT allow Jackson to erect toll booths on the interstate or highway system. You honestly think those "evil" non jackson ledgislators are gonna tell their peeps they will have to pay jackson extra just to drive to work on shat they already pay taxes on? C'mon man. Be realistic. Those billy bobs at the top of MDOT have wars with themselves over who will get the biggest office downtown. They would laugh their azzes of if Jackson asked for some shat like that. One mofo, Rep GUNN, stopped the most important and one of the largest agencies in state government from moving back to Jackson from Clinton. 3hat was just one guy. A toll booth would never get past the laugh stage. lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back