Is Jukebox on the Verge of Greatness?

And you are in the vast minority. You in that 30% Trump supporter category. No matter what, SU aint great to you. LOL. Good thing the masses don't think that. So I think the Jukebox can survive and keep their following without Bernard being on the bandwagon.

Reading is fundamental. Go back to response #71, I said "Southern was one of the best." While you at it, put some horses in front of that bandwagon you're currently sitting in, because you're going nowhere. When I travel, I like hearing "Sonic Booms", not some dayum horseshoes hitting the pavement! :)

Reading is fundamental. Go back to response #71, I said "Southern was one of the best." While you at it, put some horses in front of that bandwagon you're currently sitting in, because you're going nowhere fast! When I travel, I like the sound of "Sonic Booms", not some dayum horseshoes hitting the pavement! :)

What are your thoughts on that selections "Gin and Juice" and "Brown Sugar" ?

Any of those arrangements seeing anything SU played last year including our fight song?

Those 2 songs, can they see anything SU may play this year? If those songs were played against SU, you think they will compete with anything SU played back?

Simple questions breh.

Let's be honest. If all you have to say is SU is not what it used to be.. Then that tells me you have nothing else to say.. Besides BCU ,SU has been the most consistent Band program in all of HBCU.......

I applaud the band staff, when SU was going through hell and haters were lurking at every post wanted to say stuff, SU staff was at work..Now that you see band programs being cut and universities budgets being slash HATERS STILL HATING.. BUT SU was at work. More scholarships, new instruments for the WHOLE band, better traveling budget, new uniforms, and SU students voted to also help the band program with student fees being pump into the band budget. Again thank you band staff for not sitting on your butts, waiting on handouts, but doing what DOC did and worked hard and got what the program needed to go to bigger heights...

Let's be honest. If all you have to say is SU is not what it used to be.. Then that tells me you have nothing else to say.. Besides BCU ,SU has been the most consistent Band program in all of HBCU.......

I applaud the band staff, when SU was going through hell and haters were lurking at every post wanted to say stuff, SU staff was at work..Now that you see band programs being cut and universities budgets being slash HATERS STILL HATING.. BUT SU was at work. More scholarships, new instruments for the WHOLE band, better traveling budget, new uniforms, and SU students voted to also help the band program with student fees being pump into the band budget. Again thank you band staff for not sitting on your butts, waiting on handouts, but doing what DOC did and worked hard and got what the program needed to go to bigger heights...

Not true! BCU only became relevant as a marching band in the 21st century. JSU, SU and FAMU (until the Champion incident) are the most consistent HBCU marching bands.

Hey Bernard, JSU has a fine marching band! It is very obvious that they put forth a lot of effort and otherwise work very hard. I will acknowledge that it is one of the foremost collegiate marching bands in the country. Truth be told, JSU simply has not risen to the status of SU. FAMU has seen some decline since its heyday, and BCU, while really good, has yet a ways to go.

Let me rephrase my comment since BCU has been in the game you kinda of know what you getting year-in and year-out that's what I meant by most consistent, the book really hasn't changed and what they do on the field has been consistent.

Hey Bernard, JSU has a fine marching band! It is very obvious that they put forth a lot of effort and otherwise work very hard. I will acknowledge that it is one of the foremost collegiate marching bands in the country. Truth be told, JSU simply has not risen to the status of SU. FAMU has seen some decline since its heyday, and BCU, while really good, has yet a ways to go.

I agree! JSU has surpassed SU's status! Grambling, FAMU, Ohio State and JSU are in the NCAA Hall of Champions. SU ain't there yet. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again, maybe one year SU will get there. :(

Last edited:
I agree! JSU has surpassed SU's status! Grambling, FAMU, Ohio State and JSU are in the NCAA Hall of Champions. SU ain't there yet. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again, maybe one year SU will get there. :(

Here we go with that b.s. again. SU is in the Smithsonian (you can actually go there ANYTIME and see the display and video). Maybe everybody else will get there one day.

What are your thoughts on that selections "Gin and Juice" and "Brown Sugar" ?

Any of those arrangements seeing anything SU played last year including our fight song?

Those 2 songs, can they see anything SU may play this year? If those songs were played against SU, you think they will compete with anything SU played back?

Simple questions breh.

They avoiding that question about brown sugar and gin and juice question better than tRump avoided showing his taxes.

Aye breh,

Are you going to answer the questions? about Gin and Juice and Brown sugar

Do you think them sh1ts are hot? You do know your band practiced playing them songs right?

Aye breh,

Are you going to answer the questions? about Gin and Juice and Brown sugar

Do you think them sh1ts are hot? You do know your band practiced playing them songs right?

What you talking about? I never said "who my band is."

Dude that's a magazine article. Show me them in the MUSEUM. You can't possibly be this slow. Now explain what @Bighead askedLMAO

Dude, take your concerns up with the Smithsonian. Wheather if it's the magazine, museum, education, research and the Smithsonian channel, they're all the Smithsonian Institution!

Back