I joined the HDTV Club last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I missed something in my owners? manual, my HDTV doesn?t allow me to set the progressive or interlaced option. Everything in Dallas isn?t 1080i, Fox broadcast in 720p. I am able to watch WB-HD but I don?t watch the WB. Since I have purchase the HDTV, I am trying to adjust my habits to wear I watch more HD broadcast. For instance, I will be watching the White Sox vs the Angles tonight on Fox, mainly because I was born and raised in Chicago.

My satellite feed into my tv is through the component video feed because that is the best option that I have. The colors are amazing but the picture resolution isn?t that great. I would expect the colors to be great since I have 3 inputs dedicate just to color.

I will be scrapping the DVD test. I was interested in a HDMI interface test, but it appears that the DVD players with HDMI convert the signal from digital to analog. That is a big turn off.

pv_symbiotic said:
Unless I missed something in my owners? manual, my HDTV doesn?t allow me to set the progressive or interlaced option. Everything in Dallas isn?t 1080i, Fox broadcast in 720p. I am able to watch WB-HD but I don?t watch the WB. Since I have purchase the HDTV, I am trying to adjust my habits to wear I watch more HD broadcast. For instance, I will be watching the White Sox vs the Angles tonight on Fox, mainly because I was born and raised in Chicago.

My satellite feed into my tv is through the component video feed because that is the best option that I have. The colors are amazing but the picture resolution isn?t that great. I would expect the colors to be great since I have 3 inputs dedicate just to color.

Have you been here. It's a thread dedicated to over the air HDTV in Dallas Texas. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=529070

pv_symbiotic said:
I will be scrapping the DVD test. I was interested in a HDMI interface test, but it appears that the DVD players with HDMI convert the signal from digital to analog. That is a big turn off.
Really, I did not know that....

Did you HDTV viewers watch the MLB game last night? If so, did you notice when ever Fox did a split screen that the view on the left was in HD but the view on the right was in 480i? I was like what the *****? Someone took the cheap way out and is trying to save a buck.

I noticed this same phenomenon when I watched re-airs of shows like the first season of 24. I got it twisted and thought that all of 24 was in HD widescreen, I discovered that last 24 seasons episode was HD widescreen not all seasons of 24.

I will be watching more of Fox's MLB game tonight at 720p. I don?t know if they will show The Sox or Houston.

pv_symbiotic said:
Did you HDTV viewers watch the MLB game last night? If so, did you notice when ever Fox did a split screen that the view on the left was in HD but the view on the right was in 480i? I was like what the *****? Someone took the cheap way out and is trying to save a buck.

I noticed this same phenomenon when I watched re-airs of shows like the first season of 24. I got it twisted and thought that all of 24 was in HD widescreen, I discovered that last 24 seasons episode was HD widescreen not all seasons of 24.

I will be watching more of Fox's MLB game tonight at 720p. I don?t know if they will show The Sox or Houston.

When they did the split screen you were getting the game not on your local Fox channel in Standard Definition. There is a thread over @ www.avsforums.com that talks about this.

It really would help if you would had help if you put the link to the article that you were referring to in your post. I know that you are trying to help and I thank you for contributing to this sharing of information regarding HDTV. I am happy to discuss this issue with the brothers. After reading your post, I was like WTF, I use AVS a lot and that puppy is huge. I post in the Dallas OTA thread and the DVD player threads all the time. I was quite taken when you said that there is a thread in AVS somewhere.

I am waiting on a sista to obtain an HDTV so that she can get the AVIA DVD. I want her to post a picture of herself looking threw the red, blue or green filter. Or I want her to tell us what she thought when she saw her man looking through the filter.
After calibrating my HDTV, I can say that 1080i looks more life like 720p. I wonder what MNF looks like at 1080i

Hey people. I wanted to know if anyone else is tripping off of the wide angle view of the home plate. That wide angle view amazes me by showing more than just the batters box.

I am enjoying the wide angle hd view.

ABC needs to get on the ball and start broadcasting some college football on Saturday afternoons. The LSU vs UF on CBS looks awesome. The USC vs ND game on NBC looks good as well.

What! ABC doesn't broadcast College Footbal in HD? That is unreal. It really doesn't matter because I can not receive ABC.

I will be watching HD SEC football tonight.

By the way what kind HDTV's do you all have?

I have the toshiba 32HL95.

pv_symbiotic said:
What! ABC doesn't broadcast College Footbal in HD? That is unreal. It really doesn't matter because I can not receive ABC.

I will be watching HD SEC football tonight.

By the way what kind HDTV's do you all have?

The only game they have shown in HD was back on Labor Day. They showed the Miami vs Florida St. game.

They will show the conference championship games and the bowl games in HD. That's all you get from ABC.

I broke down and got the Samsung tuner yesterday. The Saints/Falcons game was stunning. My regular satellite feed looks like garbage to me now.

JagsPride said:
I broke down and got the Samsung tuner yesterday. The Saints/Falcons game was stunning. My regular satellite feed looks like garbage to me now.

Welcome to the club. I was commenting on digital TV not measuring up anymore. It?s hard watching regular tv, I keep asking myself what?s up with my TV. I have to keep reminding my self that it is not the TV, it?s the source signal that is being supplied to my Satellite server provider.

I do have to ask one question, don?t you just enjoy watch the Sharp commercial that is shot in widescreen HD? If you don?t know what I am talking about, then watch the baseball game tonight on FOX.

JagsPride said:

Congrats on your purchase...

Please read:
docmump said:
Go over to www.avsforum.com to check on configurations of your TV. Most people get these HiDef TVs and dont configure them.

Go over to Amizon and get this CD.
AVIA
630551982X.01-AHF4SYKP09WBH._SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif

This CD will configure your home theater system. Yes, I got this from white people who take HiDef to another level.

Oh, DVD's by definion is HiDef. There is no reason why one would go out and get a HiDef DVD player. There is no such a thing.

I hate when people get HiDef televisions and do not take the time to configure them... :mrt:

Have you all notice that the Houston Astros picture looks grainy and cheap. It's like low beta HD cameras and transmitters are used.

I hope that the picture in St. Louis looks better.

3 more days until the White Sox beat down there opponent.

Can someone tell me why Fox's transmission of the World Series look like trash? I enjoy the widescreen view, but the picture quality of the World Series has dramaticly declined in quality.

pv_symbiotic said:
Can someone tell me why Fox's transmission of the World Series look like trash? I enjoy the widescreen view, but the picture quality of the World Series has dramaticly declined in quality.

Don't know what to tell you. It looked good on my end. Now when the rain started to come down, it did look a little funny before I knew it was raining, but other than that, I had no problems.

cat daddy said:
Don't know what to tell you. It looked good on my end. Now when the rain started to come down, it did look a little funny before I knew it was raining, but other than that, I had no problems.

There is a hugh difference in PQ when the Sox where playing the Angels and the games now. The picture looks very grainy. The rain looked about, and I didn't have a problem spotting Barrak Obama whenever Fox did a shot a facial shot of the right handed hitters.

The overall picture quality of Fox Baseball has dropped. Fox football looks fine but Fox baseball looks crummy.

Hey guys,

The info that you all seem comfortable with seems perplexing as hell to me.Can't I have the guy who comes out to set up everything after delivery make all of the necessary adjustments that you all are suggesting? In other words, won't the setup man that I'm paying for adjust things the way they should be while he's there? BTW, it's a 50 inch Samsung projection DLP that will be delivered on Tuesday. :swink: :swink: :swink:

Butch Wms. said:
Hey guys,

The info that you all seem comfortable with seems perplexing as hell to me.Can't I have the guy who comes out to set up everything after delivery make all of the necessary adjustments that you all are suggesting? In other words, won't the setup man that I'm paying for adjust things the way they should be while he's there? BTW, it's a 50 inch Samsung projection DLP that will be delivered on Tuesday. :swink: :swink: :swink:

The guys that delivered my tv from Conn's only did the basics. Follow the owners manual for your tv and you'll be OK.

ummm has anybody heard from Butch since he got the tv delivered?
:lol::lol:

waiting for a report, cause I'm seriously looking now.

I've scratched plasma off my list, it'll either be LCD or DLP. (although there are some Sony and JVC HD sets (with neither) that I'm going to check out this afternoon or tomorrow)

mighty hornet,

Sorry for the delay guys but I've been glued to the all new 50 inch Samsung projection DLP television and I'm loving it.I've got it setting on the floor now because the stand for it is on back order but it should be in this week.I'm loving it and I watched the Bayou Classic on it Saturday.

Butch Wms./D.K.Williams

D.K.Williams said:
mighty hornet,

Sorry for the delay guys but I've been glued to the all new 50 inch Samsung projection DLP television and I'm loving it.I've got it setting on the floor now because the stand for it is on back order but it should be in this week.I'm loving it and I watched the Bayou Classic on it Saturday.

Butch Wms./D.K.Williams

The Bayou Classic SUCKED BIG TIME. I was hoping that NBC was going to broadcast the game in HD. I was so *****ing mad that the game wasn't in HD Widescreen.

I was telling all my friends that I would be watching the Bayou Classic in HD. I sat in front of the TV say WTF!!!!

DAMN NBC!!!

pv_symbiotic said:
The Bayou Classic SUCKED BIG TIME. I was hoping that NBC was going to broadcast the game in HD. I was so *****ing mad that the game wasn't in HD Widescreen.

I was telling all my friends that I would be watching the Bayou Classic in HD. I sat in front of the TV say WTF!!!!

DAMN NBC!!!

I wouldn't say it sucked big time. It would have been nice in HD, but NBC does a poor job with HD coverage of Notre Dame football. It is no where close to what CBS and ESPN can provide.

I hope they can work out the kinks when they pick up the NFL Sunday night game next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back