Folks Getting PO'd - Unarmed Black Teen Killed by Police in MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you have done? Let me guess, waited patiently until she walked to the counter and paid for the juice. Make no assumption into why she put the juice in her bag first. I know. Owning a store in a high crime area doesn’t affect you and your way of thinking. All people are honest.

Honestly Bane...I think you have already made up in your mind what happened and no matter what facts people are showing you...you do not want to change your mind.

You said...
I agree with that, but how did it even get to that point is where we disagree. I'm not trying to twist shat. I'm looking at the facts just like y'all are. If the young girl walks to the counter with juice than we are not having this discussion.

JAG89 replies, She did do that...

Then you quickly have another excuse as to why the little girl did something wrong.

So now it's because she put the juice in the bag. While that does look incriminating...do you not agree that until she attempts to walk out the door with the juice in the bag...then technically she hasn't done anything illegal? Do you not agree that by her placing the juice on the counter she didn't do anything illegal?

I understand trying to see all sides of the story and having an open mind...but it seems when it comes to the little girl your mind is made up and closed. :noidea:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Honestly Bane...I think you have already made up in your mind what happened and no matter what facts people are showing you...you do not want to change your mind.

You said...
I agree with that, but how did it even get to that point is where we disagree. I'm not trying to twist shat. I'm looking at the facts just like y'all are. If the young girl walks to the counter with juice than we are not having this discussion.

JAG89 replies, She did do that...

Then you quickly have another excuse as to why the little girl did something wrong.

So now it's because she put the juice in the bag. While that does look incriminating...do you not agree that until she attempts to walk out the door with the juice in the bag...then technically she hasn't done anything illegal? Do you not agree that by her placing the juice on the counter she didn't do anything illegal?

I understand trying to see all sides of the story and having an open mind...but it seems when it comes to the little girl your mind is made up and closed. :noidea:

My mind is made up and that young lady died because of murder and that Korean was rightfully convicted. It should have been either First or Second Degree murder though.

I always try to see things from both sides. If I was a business owner and see someone put something in their book bag I would watch them very closely. I would probably ask them what in the hell are they doing because that is not normal. Yes, the Korean lady clearly crossed the line with grabbing and eventually shooting the young girl. She should have spent the rest of her life in prison. All I’m saying is none of this would have happened if the young girl doesn’t put the juice in her bag. That is what triggered this incident. That has been my opinion the entire time and hasn’t change one bit. This is where we disagree and there is nothing wrong with disagreeing. It doesn’t make me less black than anyone else or having self-hate as someone said. I hate this young girl died for something so stupid.

Last edited:
Statistics shows that the person most likely to steal in department stores and retail stores is white females between the ages of 16-45.............. Not blacks.........Ask someone in lost prevention for the facts.......

Statistics shows that the person most likely to steal in department stores and retail stores is white females between the ages of 16-45.............. Not blacks.........Ask someone in lost prevention for the facts.......

I had a PT job in loss prevention in a mall. You are right... most of the thieves we caught were white girls stealing underwear and bras and white boys just stealing.

My point exactly!! Which I'm sure everyone in this thread knows our History with the Black Panthers.

If it's not marching and singing songs then we are rioting.

I don't think there was a "point". or an "exercise"..folks just were reacting out of anger.

Which is usually what happens. A few animals act like...well, animals. :tup:

1. Exactly how many times have "we" rioted? I'm sure "we've" marched and held rallies way more than rioted.

2. In the hours after the shooting happened, there were tanks, dogs and police with military-style weapons at the ready. This was during the peaceful protest. You don't honest believe if black citizens had been walking around with guns -- organized or not -- the police would have been cool with that. An officer had just shot and unarmed kid because he felt threatened (or at least is that what police normally say). How do you think they'd react to ******s with guns, man?

3. And how many riots you know are organized and civil? And OF COURSE they were reacting out of anger considering what had transpired. You think folks riot out of love or something?

Possibly what happened...cop calls kid over to the car and already has his weapon out. When kid gets close enough, grabs the kid to instigate a struggle. Cop fires weapon while they struggle but kid gets away. Kid runs while cop pursues him. Kid stops, put hands up but cop unloads on him anyway because he was intended to take the kid out while he was at his cruiser. But since the kid got away, cop takes him out because he can't have the kid telling what really happened. Actually, heard this on the radio. I paraphrased it but the guy said this was from the kid's father.

Why There’s A No-Fly Zone Over Ferguson, Missouri

by Annie-Rose Strasser Posted on August 12, 2014 at 4:42 pm

On Tuesday, a freelance journalist noticed that a no-fly zone had been issued over Ferguson, Missouri, the site of the recent protests over police violence.

The reason listed on the Federal Aviation Commission’s website for the no-fly zone over the city is “TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES.â€￾

The reason? “It’s just for a no fly zone because we have multiple helicopters maneuvering in the area and we were having some problems with news aircrafts flying around there,â€￾ the dispatcher, who would only identify himself by his first name, Chris, said.

The effort to stop media from flying over the area to film is troubling, especially in light of reports that police have turned journalists away from the sites of the protests.

Chris said that police helicopters were a common occurrence over the city, but would not reveal whether there had been an increase in police helicopter presence as the protests have heated up.

(as this pregnant woman talkin' smack found out)

Watch Police In Ferguson Force a Pregnant Woman To the Ground and Fire Tear Gas At Protesters

[video=youtube;aMM5m37CDxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aMM5m37CDxM[/video]

Bu2_Sp_IgAA4Avz.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>PO caught on camera calling protesters animals. This sentiment toward Black ppl is the start of the police problem! <a href="http://t.co/99P5hSG7cZ">pic.twitter.com/99P5hSG7cZ</a></p>&mdash; TradetheTradeProject (@TradetheTradePr) <a href="https://twitter.com/TradetheTradePr/statuses/499011494705889280">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/scenes-shaken-ferguson-missouri
bpvjmfbj89phaiidqgwo.jpg

Lesley McSpadden, right, the mother of 18-year-old Michael Brown, watches as Brown's father, Michael Brown Sr., holds up a family picture of himself, his son, top left in photo, and a young child during a news conference Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo. Michael Brown, 18, was shot and killed in a confrontation with police in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, Mo, on Saturday, Aug. 9, 2014. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well I agree with the lady. If he is bad and mad like he said he was, why didn't he get out of the car?

folks still have camera phones and are filming like crazy

The other thing, my understanding is they have dash cams and person cams however, they were NOT employed during this incident...they cut them off?

folks still have camera phones and are filming like crazy

The other thing, my understanding is they have dash cams and person cams however, they were NOT employed during this incident...they cut them off?

The dash cams were purchased but hadn't been installed yet.

2 things that are worrisome...

1. No media allowed in Ferguson
2. The area is now a no-fly zone, which means no news media helicopters

The police can now do what they want.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...-allowed-in-ferguson-mo/#.U-pzPhRM2e0.twitter

Also, why can this police department afford armored tanks and other items of military-grade force....but refuse to purchase cameras to be suited on every police officer?

They have cameras but they haven't been installed in police vehicles yet.

The St. Louis County Police Department told TIME it asked the FAA for the flight restriction after a police helicopter was fired upon “multiple timesâ€￾ during civil unrest Sunday. Ferguson, located just outside St. Louis, Missouri, erupted in street violence amid demonstrations sparked by the death of Michael Brown, a black teenager who was shot and killed by police on Saturday.

It’s not unusual for local police departments to request flight restrictions over potentially dangerous zones, and it’s typically done to clear airspace for police helicopter operations. The Ferguson restriction, however, may make it more difficult for news media to get aerial footage of the town as the Brown story continues to develop.

“If we feel that order is restored we can request ran early termination,â€￾ St. Louis County police spokesperson Bryan Schellman told TIME

http://time.com/3105035/ferguson-faa-no-fly-zone/

Everybody is spinning every piece of information that is released to fit their narrative as to what is occurring/has occurred in this incident. As far as the armored vehicles and similar items, those items are common items used in SWAT and high risk operations. They don't get deployed on a whim. They were deployed because idiots decided they would burn down stores, block first responders from responding to other calls/emergencies, etc. Also, this isn't just a one department response. Several agencies in the area are helping keep order.

Here is an article I was sent earlier today that presents several interesting viewpoints. The views expressed in the article are not necessarily mine.

http://themattwalshblog.com/

2 things that are worrisome...

1. No media allowed in Ferguson
2. The area is now a no-fly zone, which means no news media helicopters

The police can now do what they want.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...-allowed-in-ferguson-mo/#.U-pzPhRM2e0.twitter

Unless there is Marshal Law or something, how can you stop Freedom of the Press? This has to be just a internet rumor. Even NBCNews isn't saying that shat and they have been all over this story.

Also, why can this police department afford armored tanks and other items of military-grade force....but refuse to purchase cameras to be suited on every police officer?

That has to be the State Police. Given that Ferguson only has 20k+ residents, I hardly doubt they have or can afford armored vehicles.

Last edited:
The St. Louis County Police Department told TIME it asked the FAA for the flight restriction after a police helicopter was fired upon “multiple times” during civil unrest Sunday. Ferguson, located just outside St. Louis, Missouri, erupted in street violence amid demonstrations sparked by the death of Michael Brown, a black teenager who was shot and killed by police on Saturday.

It’s not unusual for local police departments to request flight restrictions over potentially dangerous zones, and it’s typically done to clear airspace for police helicopter operations. The Ferguson restriction, however, may make it more difficult for news media to get aerial footage of the town as the Brown story continues to develop.

“If we feel that order is restored we can request ran early termination,” St. Louis County police spokesperson Bryan Schellman told TIME

http://time.com/3105035/ferguson-faa-no-fly-zone/

Everybody is spinning every piece of information that is released to fit their narrative as to what is occurring/has occurred in this incident. As far as the armored vehicles and similar items, those items are common items used in SWAT and high risk operations. They don't get deployed on a whim. They were deployed because idiots decided they would burn down stores, block first responders from responding to other calls/emergencies, etc. Also, this isn't just a one department response. Several agencies in the area are helping keep order.

Here is an article I was sent earlier today that presents several interesting viewpoints. The views expressed in the article are not necessarily mine.

http://themattwalshblog.com/

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back