Folks Getting PO'd - Unarmed Black Teen Killed by Police in MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroPhillyTiger

Anger, confrontation after fatal shooting of teen by Ferguson police officer

FERGUSON • The fatal shooting of a teen Saturday afternoon by a Ferguson police officer outside an apartment complex sent angry residents into the street, taunting police and firing shots.

Michael Brown, 18, was shot at approximately 2:15 p.m. in the 2900 block of Canfield Drive.
His mother, Lesley McSpadden, said the shooting took place as her son was walking to his grandmother’s residence.
Piaget Crenshaw, 19, said she was waiting for a ride to work when she saw a police officer attempting to place Brown in the squad car.
She then said she saw the teen, hands in the air, attempt to flee. Several shots hit Brown as he ran, Crenshaw said. She complied with a request that she give photos of the scene to authorities.

Brown, a 2014 Normandy High School graduate, was scheduled to begin classes at Vatterott College on Monday.
The shooting sparked a furious backlash.

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson said his department immediately turned the matter over to the St. Louis County police. He declined to comment on what had led to the shooting or any other details. “We are hoping for calm and for people to give us a chance to conduct a thorough investigation,â€￾ Jackson said.

County police spokesman Brian Schellman promised a “lengthy investigation.â€￾ “We’re still trying to piece together what happened and why,â€￾ Schellman said.
The unnamed officer has been placed on paid administrative leave. The shooting sparked a furor on social media, with commenters expressing outrage over the killing.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tfy5FiqzWHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Witness account.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why hasn't the government designed a law where EVERY police car should be equipped with mics and cameras and are automatically turned on when the flashing lights come on...

I think that would be good for the police and the citizens.

They have cameras that are available which cost $99 that can be worn by officers all over the country.

The Ferguson Police Department has dash camera, but haven't used them yet. SMH.

Why do back folks always respond with "I also want us to be this outraged over black on black crime"? Maybe yall need to ask yourselves why you aren't outraged, because the truth of the matter is there are black folks out in the community everyday fighting against black on black crime. We always over look that fact to over look the wrong white America does. If black groups didn't fight against black on black crime it would be worst off then what it really is. Folks ask yourselves what aren't you doing to fight black on black crime is more of the question. :tup: My church just had a gun buy back, guess what yall weren't there. We also had a counselors talking to kids, a education HBCU seminar, a education GED program. Guess what most of the uppity blacks don't attend, but they are quick to judge though.........

Why do back folks always respond with "I also want us to be this outraged over black on black crime"? Maybe yall need to ask yourselves why you aren't outraged, because the truth of the matter is there are black folks out in the community everyday fighting against black on black crime. We always over look that fact to over look the wrong white America does. If black groups didn't fight against black on black crime it would be worst off then what it really is. Folks ask yourselves what aren't you doing to fight black on black crime is more of the question. :tup: My church just had a gun buy back, guess what yall weren't there. We also had a counselors talking to kids, a education HBCU seminar, a education GED program. Guess what most of the uppity blacks don't attend, but they are quick to judge though.........

snoop.gif

:tup:

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

I cannot believe that the police are just randomly picking out black men who are minding their own business(not committing any crimes) and just killing them for no apparent reason at all. No resisting arrest...no back talk...no fighting the police...no "Get your hands off of me"...just walking up and shooting a kid for nothing.

I cannot believe that the police are just randomly picking out black men who are minding their own business(not committing any crimes) and just killing them for no apparent reason at all. No resisting arrest...no back talk...no fighting the police...no "Get your hands off of me"...just walking up and shooting a kid for nothing.

Believe it. It happens. A LOT.

You never hear or read about an unarmed white man or kid being shot do you?

I was just watching a TV show on this lady in Dallas who got out of jail for a murder she never committed in Dallas. She did 9 years because the white lady said she looked like the lady who shot her husband. The lady who got arrested was at work when the so called murder took place. A white jury still convicted her and she served 9 years until they finally caught the other lady who did it. Yeah America treats black folks like Kings and Queens.

I can agree with that.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Regardless of anything else, shooting an unarmed teens with his hands up is straight up Murder.

In the Eric Garner case, it should not have came to choking someone out over cigarettes. He choked a dude to death in front of three other officers and no one attempted to stop it.

The problem is black folks don't care until it is their child or relatives. Let's be honest now, we all were kids. We all did stupid shyt. Did we deserve to be killed? I mean lets be honest here now, We all have gone to parties gotten drunk, smoked a lil weed, talked a lil shyt and been in involved in stuff we had no business being in. It could have been anyone of us. I really hope yall don't think these white boys ain't buying thes cases of guns to be your friends. Who buys a case of 36 AR-15's? I tell you who, a white boy waiting for a race war.

Last edited:
I quit the NAACP here because of the following:

Scenario 1: A young black guy on parole went and robbed a store. He then tried to car jack a woman at a gas station stealing her knife. He then went to Wal-Mart and stole a BB gun that resembled a 9 mm. He went in to the Wal-Mart parking lot and car jacked a old woman. He drove the stolen car to a hotel and robbed the hotel. The police caught up with him as he aimed the gun at them the police shot him.

Scenario 2: A drug dealer went in to a gas station and stole some items. As he was confronted by an employee he flashed a gun. The store manager called the police. An undercover narcatics agent approached him. They got in to an altercation. The cop ended up killing the dude.

Both dudes killed were black and the officers were white. The NAACP President and officers requested that the police officers be fired because the officers in scenario one should have shot the gun out of the dudes hand and the officer in scenario two should have been able to subdue the drug dealer who was armed.

I along with a number of others asked for the officers of the chapter to be resign their position but their response was unified stating, "We been here longer than yall and we know what we talking about."

The mother of the dude in scenario two said that her son was dealing drugs to make some money to feed his daughter and a little dope ain't hurt nobody. The relatives of the young man in scenario one wanted the churches to get together and pay for the dudes funeral.

:shame:

The problem is black folks don't care until it is their child or relatives. Let's be honest now, we all were kids. We all did stupid shyt. Did we deserve to be killed? I mean lets be honest here now, We all have gone to parties gotten drunk, smoked a lil weed, talked a lil shyt and been in involved in stuff we had no business being in. It could have been anyone of us. I really hope yall don't think these white boys ain't buying thes cases of guns to be your friends. Who buys a case of 36 AR-15's? I tell you who, a white boy waiting for a race war.

Cee you may be right....but how many of our black kids are acting a damn fool knowing good and damn well there are folks waiting for them to cut up?

Case in point back when I and MackG were coming up we were not allowed to go to Ruston after a certain hour because we knew the cops were going to harrass us or racially profile us. So our parents warned us and we stayed our asses in Grambling. Was it right? Not at all....but we had to play it smart. Many parents today don't have that "Black Man in America" conversation with their sons. Is it right to still have this convo? No..because society should have changed...but I be damned if I don't tell my son every I talk to him that he is black and there are people waiting for him to **** up and some of these folks are his same color.

These kids today have no fear and it's scary.

well said my man...well said.

Cee you may be right....but how many of our black kids are acting a damn fool knowing good and damn well there are folks waiting for them to cut up?

Case in point back when I and MackG were coming up we were not allowed to go to Ruston after a certain hour because we knew the cops were going to harrass us or racially profile us. So our parents warned us and we stayed our asses in Grambling. Was it right? Not at all....but we had to play it smart. Many parents today don't have that "Black Man in America" conversation with their sons. Is it right to still have this convo? No..because society should have changed...but I be damned if I don't tell my son every I talk to him that he is black and there are people waiting for him to **** up and some of these folks are his same color.

These kids today have no fear and it's scary.

What you talking about ain't got nothing to do with that kid in Missouri getting blown away by the cops for no reason. NONE.

We always to this. Every time our people are faced with injustice someone tries to either change the subject or find away to blame the victim or our culture for what happened. Tired of it.

sigh....yea the choke hold used has been deemed illegal.....but he clearly was resisting arrest. Maybe they should have tazed him....but given his bad health, that probably would have killed him too. How about just chilling out and doing what they ask you to do....answer their questions....if you're not doing anything wrong...the most you're losing is some time out of your day...instead of your life.

Regardless of anything else, shooting an unarmed teens with his hands up is straight up Murder.

In the Eric Garner case, it should not have came to choking someone out over cigarettes. He choked a dude to death in front of three other officers and no one attempted to stop it.

So you're just going to overlook the statement made about the kid pushing the cop back into his car and fighting over the gun....

What you talking about ain't got nothing to do with that kid in Missouri getting blown away by the cops for no reason. NONE.

We always to this. Every time our people are faced with injustice someone tries to either change the subject or find away to blame the victim or our culture for what happened. Tired of it.

I quit the NAACP here because of the following:

Scenario 1: A young black guy on parole went and robbed a store. He then tried to car jack a woman at a gas station stealing her knife. He then went to Wal-Mart and stole a BB gun that resembled a 9 mm. He went in to the Wal-Mart parking lot and car jacked a old woman. He drove the stolen car to a hotel and robbed the hotel. The police caught up with him as he aimed the gun at them the police shot him.

Scenario 2: A drug dealer went in to a gas station and stole some items. As he was confronted by an employee he flashed a gun. The store manager called the police. An undercover narcatics agent approached him. They got in to an altercation. The cop ended up killing the dude.

Both dudes killed were black and the officers were white. The NAACP President and officers requested that the police officers be fired because the officers in scenario one should have shot the gun out of the dudes hand and the officer in scenario two should have been able to subdue the drug dealer who was armed.

I along with a number of others asked for the officers of the chapter to be resign their position but their response was unified stating, "We been here longer than yall and we know what we talking about."

The mother of the dude in scenario two said that her son was dealing drugs to make some money to feed his daughter and a little dope ain't hurt nobody. The relatives of the young man in scenario one wanted the churches to get together and pay for the dudes funeral.

:shame:

So none of these are similar to what happened to this kid.

The store he left said he did not steal anything (which is why cops said they stopped him), and he was unarmed with no drugs on him.

So you're just going to overlook the statement made about the kid pushing the cop back into his car and fighting over the gun....

That's the policeman's statement. The eyewitnesses said otherwise. Remember the kid was walking with a friend who saw and heard everything, and there were other people outside close enough to see him get shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back