Ferguson , Mo -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vet Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,'Shut Up Even If We're Violating Your rig

For Al, it is all the corporations that he will walk in and shake down for donations because if they don't he will bring down the fury of the lynch mob on you. For media, it is the ratings associated with sensationalizing a race issue rather than the issue of an unarmed civilian being shot. There is no money in trying to highlight why Pookie got shot by Django. But as soon as Larry shoots Pookie, we need to have a conversation.

KCPVPanther

PREACH!

Re: Vet Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,'Shut Up Even If We're Violating Your rig

These few thugs are committing over half of the homicides in the nation. We each on this board have a better chance of dying from one of our brothers than from police officer.

KCPVPanther

Not in Ferguson, since Mike Brown was the first person killed there all year.

Also, ANYONE has a higher chance of being killed by someone of their own race.

For Al, it is all the corporations that he will walk in and shake down for donations because if they don't he will bring down the fury of the lynch mob on you. For media, it is the ratings associated with sensationalizing a race issue rather than the issue of an unarmed civilian being shot. There is no money in trying to highlight why Pookie got shot by Django. But as soon as Larry shoots Pookie, we need to have a conversation.

KCPVPanther

Ratings don't generate revenue necessarily. Advertising dollars do, though.

These few thugs are committing over half of the homicides in the nation. We each on this board have a better chance of dying from one of our brothers than from police officer.

KCPVPanther

You sound like a fool. Over 90 % of black on black crimes occur from gang or drug retaliation and over money. If you are doing those things yes you will die. Stop spurring that ignorant white man fox news talk.

KCPVPanther

But there have been rallies, marches and summits about Pookies getting shot by Djangos almost every week in major cities for years. Yall just don't pay attention.

But there have been rallies, marches and summits about Pookies getting shot by Djangos almost every week in major cities for years. Yall just don't pay attention.

Them ninjas don't wanna hear the truth. It justifies them praising massa

I believes Don Lemon found out he was black yesterday when that cop shoved him...wonder if he is rethinking all his black folks need to X____rhetoric? Wonder if he knows what side he's on now? When he said, if the journalists weren't here, no telling what would be happening...ole boy got that :idea:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NUfcNSTgk3I?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have been to many of those, too. In fact, I remember Jesse help staging a protest at a gun shop in the wake of killings in Chicago.

OK instead of channeling your inner CNN, get off your ass and do something about pookie shooting django. Start a movement rather than co opt the cause of brutality by police, racism and white privilege. Simple. Foh!

All of that is probably true, but WE, as a whole, do not publicize, push the agenda, or appear to be as vigorous in protecting our own from US as we appear to from other races, especially whites in power (i.e. police).

That drug dealers' (using the example from above) life, as much as I may not like what he does, has the same worth as a young man trying to do right like many say Michael Brown was. We end up with the same thing .... another young black man gone that could have been leading a black family, being productive, and teaching his kids to do the same.

All of that is probably true, but WE, as a whole, do not publicize, push the agenda, or appear to be as vigorous in protecting our own from US as we appear to from other races, especially whites in power (i.e. police).

We are.

It might not be publicized on national TV 24 hours a day, but the work is being done in these communities.

Maybe we can get our President to go to Ferguson like he ran to Newtown and Arizona.

We are.

It might not be publicized on national TV 24 hours a day, but the work is being done in these communities.

Cool, but as a man of the media, you should know .... APPEARANCE is everything. The Attorney General is getting nice reviews in Missouri because he came there ..... The Governor, who can do more to affect those people's lives, appears to not care because he hasn't come to Ferguson.

Rallies are being held in other major cities .... hell, Atlanta had one at CNN earlier this week or last week. Southern and Grambling students posted tributes to this situation. I didn't see any rally for the unrest in Chicago you spoke of earlier in Atlanta ..... did you?

I congratulate and work with people who are doing things within our communities to help our own, but sometimes, we can't even get our own to "look after" our own.

Kendrick,
It is not the same level of organization. People in DC had a 7 mile march for Michael Brown. I don't remember marches when that kid got killed with steel beam in Chicago. They are having a day of rage protest in front of the White house at 7 pm. I am not saying people don't protest about black on black violence because I have personally been to plenty of anti-violence rally in the hood but I have never seen any of that reach the level of the Trayvon or Brown rallies.

So, just because people aren't rallying all across the country in the wake of violence in Chicago (which isn't the only city in America that experiences violence) you don't think black people care enough about black homicides or their own?

So, just because people aren't rallying all across the country in the wake of violence in Chicago (which isn't the only city in America that experiences violence) you don't think black people care enough about black homicides or their own?

I think we care and many people in the hood care as well. However, when the same thugs shooting and selling drugs in the hood come protesting on about white on black violence, I have to give them the side-eye.

Kendrick,
It is not the same level of organization. People in DC had a 7 mile march for Michael Brown. I don't remember marches when that kid got killed with steel beam in Chicago. They are having a day of rage protest in front of the White house at 7 pm. I am not saying people don't protest about black on black violence because I have personally been to plenty of anti-violence rally in the hood but I have never seen any of that reach the level of the Trayvon or Brown rallies.

In response to the kid who was killed after being beaten with a beam, Obama, Holder and Duncan went to Chicago to hold a summit with the mayor about the city's violence.

I remember CNN spending a week in the city covering it.

Last year, when that band girl was killed, Michelle Obama went to her funeral and the POTUS traveled to Chicago to address violence in the city.

Y'all folks got real short memories.

Care? Of course they care. But isn't obvious something is missing. We have had threads here about Michael and Trayvon .... not many about the local guy who attempted to rob and wound up killing a young black man on 4th street though. And you mentioned Al and Jesse coming to Chicago ..... they jumped on the Trayvon case, but how long did it take them to get to Chicago? How many young men died before someone said to them, "This might be something we want to look into."

It's the level and organization like Pop said. It shouldn't take a Trayvon or Michael situation to get us up in arms about our young men and women dying.

In response to the kid who was killed after being beaten with a beam, Obama, Holder and Duncan went to Chicago to hold a summit with the mayor about the city's violence.

I remember CNN spending a week in the city covering it.

Last year, when that band girl was killed, Michelle Obama went to her funeral and the POTUS traveled to Chicago to address violence in the city.

Y'all folks got real short memories.

Bro, that still does not rise to the level we have seen for Trayvon and Brown and you know it. I am glad that they held that summit. Maybe our President can do the right now and get his azz on a plane to Ferguson instead of going to play golf.

I think we care and many people in the hood care as well. However, when the same thugs shooting and selling drugs in the hood come protesting on about white on black violence, I have to give them the side-eye.

I give the side-eye when people conveniently bring up black on black crime in these discussions when they hadn't discussed black on black crime any other time.

I give the side-eye when people conveniently bring up black on black crime in these discussions when they hadn't discussed black on black crime any other time.

This.

umm, we discuss black on black crime all the time on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back