Ferguson , Mo -

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No doubt there are a handful of people not even from Ferguson/St. Louis County causing problems and blending in. But the media, a lot of white folks and certain people on this board want to persecute 95% (which includes kids and journalists) for a handful of people

2. As I said in my OP, there will be hell to pay for the threats and arrests to the journalists. There are several instances floating around on social media of this happening as well as us seeing it live via stream. Johnson, Nixon or Obama can't answer that.

I believes Don Lemon found out he was black yesterday when that cop shoved him...wonder if he is rethinking all his black folks need to X____rhetoric? Wonder if he knows what side he's on now? When he said, if the journalists weren't here, no telling what would be happening...ole boy got that :idea:

We have a real bad problem in this country with white police officers abusing AA men for sports. We also have a horrific problem in this country with institutional racism. We have a problem with gerrymandered districts which creates the political machine to oppress AA people in numerous other ways. I can write a dissertation but will just keep it short and sweet.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Are you serious? How am I going to fess up for something I have never done.

The same way all these folks are protesting and have never been shot. It amazes me how the drive to do something as a community evaporates as soon as the focus in inward. As long as the focus is on others we can be up in arms about something that's never happened to us.

Another shooting 11miles from Mike Brown incident. Suspect rumored to have brandished a knife is deceased. Shot by police officer.

1. The residents are policing their own community...as shown in the picture posted above by S phi S of the individuals standing in front of the building

2. Why can't the police do their jobs AND not be so aggressive...at the same time?! Which goes back to question in an earlier post, "So 6-10 individuals can stand in front of a business and stop looters but all those police officers, extra police officers, trucks, police dogs, etc. can't do the same?!"

Are there bad seeds in the crowd? Yep. But does that justify the actions...reactions from the police, (in my opinion)...nope.

And what about all these reporters getting arrested? what's Ron Johnson's answer for that?!

I don't think you read. I addressed the community leaders actually policing the crowd. Al Jazeera actually has some good footage of the young men guarding the store. What I said is that I hope the learn to police their community outside of these protests like on a daily basis. It's clear that this isn't happening not only on the streets but in the politics.

I clearly showed why the police are so aggressive. We aren't talking about just overly rowdy people. We're talking about people throwing Molotov cocktails, shooting and setting buildings on fire. What kind of response do you expect. If the police stand in front of the buildings and no one stops the agitators before they get to the police they are going to run right up to them and cause the police to react anyway and people will complain because the peaceful protestors will still be right there in the mix. There aren't going to be a few cops chasing a crowd of folk and getting scattered. There will be a large force acting. You all want something that's not realistic. It sounds all good and Utopian but its not based on reality.

As for the reporters being arrested and harassed most of that happened before the county police were told to stand down and the State Troopers took over. That's probably one of the reasons that happened. I've heard of some journalist problems after that but not nearly the same thing. Now what you have is a crap load of misunderstanding. The answer to protest situation mirrors the answer to the overall situation. Get rid of the bad seeds and things can begin to improve. The community can get rid of the bad seeds on I'm the police department as well of they were as persistent in voting and other political matters as they were in this protest.

We have a real bad problem in this country with white police officers abusing AA men for sports. We also have a horrific problem in this country with institutional racism. We have a problem with gerrymandered districts which creates the political machine to oppress AA people in numerous other ways. I can write a dissertation but will just keep it short and sweet.

:tup:

From one of the links in the article

Miles and Knight said that, across the board, black politicians and ministers have failed the black community.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2014/01/21/anti-violence-campaign-targets-black-on-black-crime-/4695089/

I find it funny that an article aiming to prove that inward action in the community isn't foreign would point to an article as late as January 2014 where they are talking about stepping up because the community has failed to do so until then. But I appreciate what they are doing because its what I'm talking about. They are admitting the lack of inward action and planning to take actual action... like going door to door.

Honestly why was this article written anyway? Because you have to actually draw attention to the efforts because the effects are obviously not being seen as we can see from the Ferguson residents that said shots in that area are common.

Time to fess up and do something.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2014/01/21/anti-violence-campaign-targets-black-on-black-crime-/4695089/

I find it funny that an article aiming to prove that inward action in the community isn't foreign would point to an article as late as January 2014 where they are talking about stepping up because the community has failed to do so until then. But I appreciate what they are doing because its what I'm talking about. They are admitting the lack of inward action and planning to take actual action... like going door to door.

Honestly why was this article written anyway? Because you have to actually draw attention to the efforts because the effects are obviously not being seen as we can see from the Ferguson residents that said shots in that area are common.

They are fessing up to what Politicians and Ministers are doing. Are they the only folks in the Black community capable? I know a lot of folks who are neither politicians nor ministers who are doing a lot more.

They are fessing up to what Politicians and Ministers are doing. Are they the only folks in the Black community capable? I know a lot of folks who are neither politicians nor ministers who are doing a lot more.

The entire community is capable of fessing up and doing more. That's when it will really work. Much harder to be the bad seed when everybody will call you out on it. When as many people as are showing up at the protests in Ferguson show up to vote and blow the whistle on criminals and stop the mistakes of the young kids before they become habits and demand that they take education seriously then you'll see change. But when you got just one guy like my wife's uncle in a community trying to tell guys he see's walking the street "hey I have jobs" and they say "I don't do no work" the change is not going to come. Harass them in mass just like they are harassing the the city leadership of Ferguson every night.

So an umarmed black kid gets murdered by the police and it's BLACK people who have to fess up? GTHFOH!

This shit never ****ing fails. Never.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So an umarmed black kid gets murdered by the police and it's BLACK people who have to fess up? GTHFOH!

Well hell that concept is basically in your own article. Did you read it yourself? Did the author read his own links? Now you wanna get mad about me saying the exact same thing you posted?

Yea you're right... this shit never ****ing fails and its why our community is stuck in the same shit over and over. The f'in path out of the shit is right there and we won't take it. If you don't want the fuggin police murdering your kids then fuggin control the police force like every other community does. We clearly see that they can organize. So organize when it counts.

Gotta fess up to why "we" caused that mofo to kill a black dude.

Nope... fess up to why the police force is predominately white in a majority black town, why the leadership is white, and on and on. They can complain about it on TV and how they feel like its a occupation but they can't fess up to why its that way can they. Even if the kid got shot unjustly if they had their own people in office don't you think they wouldn't have to be marching for justice after the fact? They'd know their people are getting to the bottom of it and justice will be served. But instead they've got to beg and plead for it now.

I'll just put it on the table here. I'm sick of the victim mentality bullshit. Stand up and control your environment or shut up and let it control you.

Nope... fess up to why the police force is predominately white in a majority black town, why the leadership is white, and on and on. They can complain about it on TV and how they feel like its a occupation but they can't fess up to why its that way can they. Even if the kid got shot unjustly if they had their own people in office don't you think they wouldn't have to be marching for justice after the fact? They'd know their people are getting to the bottom of it and justice will be served. But instead they've got to beg and plead for it now.

I'll just put it on the table here. I'm sick of the victim mentality bullshit.

So the only way that the cops can be law abiding and fair is if they are from your own community and your color. The cops don't owe any explanation about why they shot an unarmed individual and provide the evidence which is supposed to be public and never takes this long in a regular homicide.

Strange that black cops that work in white neighborhoods are quick to follow some rules there though.

Stand up and control your environment or shut up and let it control you.

That's the point of the protest.

Well hell that concept is basically in your own article. Did you read it yourself? Did the author read his own links? Now you wanna get mad about me saying the exact same thing you posted?

Yea you're right... this shit never ****ing fails and its why our community is stuck in the same shit over and over. The f'in path out of the shit is right there and we won't take it. If you don't want the fuggin police murdering your kids then fuggin control the police force like every other community does. We clearly see that they can organize. So organize when it counts.

The concept of the piece was explaining that black folks have worked to curb black on black crime even though people like you don't believe it.

And you want to know the real difference between us and them?

One of their own murdered a kid. They put him on paid leave, told him to leave the county. And when they finally ID the cop, they smear the name of the dead kid at the same time.

Then they use a billion dollars in weapons and man power to protect this man and their case.

Some of us on the other hand talk about how we need to look inward. We gotta fess up. We gotta do XYZ in the face of injustice while they -- who caused the strife -- aren't held to that same standard.

So the only way that the cops can be law abiding and fair is if they are from your own community and your color. The cops don't owe any explanation about why they shot an unarmed individual and provide the evidence which is supposed to be public and never takes this long in a regular homicide.

Strange that black cops that work in white neighborhoods are quick to follow some rules there though.

That's the point of the protest.

So wait a minute. The protests are controlling their environment? I thought you all were just complaining about the police controlling the protests. You mean they wanted that tear gas that you all were complaining about? Why complain if they are in control? Because they aren't.

A protest isn't going to do jack shat to change who's in office. You know why black cops that work in white neighborhoods follow the rules? Because those white folks are gone boot somebody out of office when they generally don't and shat roles downhill. That's how the world works. Begging and pleading for somebody to do something that doesn't have to face any consequences at your hands doesn't. Its just that simple.

The concept of the piece was explaining that black folks have worked to curb black on black crime even though people like you don't believe it.

And you want to know the real difference between us and them?

One of their own murdered a kid. They put him on paid leave, told him to leave the county. And when they finally ID the cop, they smear the name of the dead kid at the same time.

Then they use a billion dollars in weapons and man power to protect this man and their case.

Some of us on the other hand talk about how we need to look inward. We gotta fess up. We gotta do XYZ in the face of injustice while they -- who caused the strife -- aren't held to that same standard.

So like I figured you didn't actually click through to the links on the piece. Read the one I posted for you. It clearly states that the black community leaders have failed and its time to take action. Same thing I'm saying.

And let me show you the real difference between us and them.

One of their own

There you go. Not one of the communities own no matter what color. That's the difference. "They" put their own picks in place. "We" let them do so and then whine about it later. End of story.

It will always happen. We've seen it happen in the few threads about this topic. You've got a handful that will always somehow make it our fault and use the "black on black" line as a cop out.

No need to respond when every response will be a dissertation about how it's the black community's fault.

Show me where Coates said the black community or black leaders failed? He didn't.

I not only quoted from the linked article but also posted the link. What are you arguing about if you haven't even read the post?

And I see things never change. Keep blaming everybody else for everything and wondering why things happen the way they do. Insanity at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back