Ferguson , Mo -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just because of one or a couple of bad apples, the cops GOTTA tear gas and shoot rubber bullets at everybody? Even the people who aren't doing anything? That makes a whole lot of sense. If it's only a few, why not find them and arrest them. But noooooo...gotta tear gas kids and old people.

This is what I don't understand. How is it OK to ever do anything to innocent people when you are the only group left that's supposed to protect them. He even said that the peaceful protesters knew nothing of the criminal element but still felt it was col to punish them for it.

The mindset of "We can punish you for something you are not even aware is happening" is what people are protesting.

Do you realize how impractical that sounds? You are oversimplifying it. Yes, it SOUNDS good. But one person in a crowd of hundreds shoots a gun, or throws that molotov cocktail, and you want officers to simply rush the crowd and find that person? You realize what the perception is then? Not much different than what you have now. Why aren't these protesters giving up the idiots amongst their ranks to law enforcement, so that they can continue their peaceful protests? If they would police amongst themselves, then the police aren't put in that position. Oh I forgot, we don't snitch on each other.

The "idiots" are usually not within the ranks of the peaceful protesters. They are mostly a separate group until late night when there is a mixture of folks leaving and folks coming out.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Why aren't these protesters giving up the idiots amongst their ranks to law enforcement, so that they can continue their peaceful protests? If they would police amongst themselves, then the police aren't put in that position. Oh I forgot, we don't snitch on each other.

Cool, blame the people for not being the police. You're the one that said that the people weren't even aware of the violent people in the first place, so how could they turn anyone in?

Re: Video shows Mike Brown did not steal those cigars! He paid for them!!!

Let me say this about everything you all have said so far in this thread..

WHO GIVES A FUGG!?

ALL OF THAT IS IRRELEVANT!

Cool, blame the people for not being the police. You're the one that said that the people weren't even aware of the violent people in the first place, so how could they turn anyone in?

I'm saying that police are blamed for what they are doing. They are blamed for doing nothing and watching. What are they supposed to do. Please enlighten me on how they are supposed to react to the ignorance being carried out by a relative few who are among the sensible, peaceful people. I am not BLAMING ANYBODY. Two people were shot last night. Who shot them? Was it the police? I guess the police are just supposed to let everybody do what they want and just stand there and watch. Quit thinking with your emotions.

J4L....you don't have the idiocy during the daytime, and it shows. The idiots come out under cover of darkness, and we are complaining about what the police are doing to keep the dumb arse people relatively contained and keep them from causing more damage and chaos than what has already occurred. You said a mouthful when you said a MIXTURE. When the idiots mix with the good at night, bad things happen, and unfortunately, the good are suffering because of it.

Which is probably true, but as relevant to the shooting as whether or not he stole cigars.

Exactly... Now, I can't stand smart azz mofos who think they can do what they please... Brown may have been that type but what happened to him was wrong....

I'm saying that police are blamed for what they are doing. They are blamed for doing nothing and watching. What are they supposed to do. Please enlighten me on how they are supposed to react to the ignorance being carried out by a relative few who are among the sensible, peaceful people. I am not BLAMING ANYBODY. Two people were shot last night. Who shot them? Was it the police? I guess the police are just supposed to let everybody do what they want and just stand there and watch. Quit thinking with your emotions.

I'm not thinking with my emotions. Thinking with emotions is shooting tear gas and rubber bullets into crowds of innocent people. As far as the shootings go, you investigate them like any other crime. I don't see what that has to do with punishing innocent people for the actions of some guilty and being OK with it. I mean they might even have to do some police work.

When the idiots mix with the good at night, bad things happen, and unfortunately, the good are suffering because of it.

Coming from any LEO, this is disgusting.

I'm not thinking with my emotions. Thinking with emotions is shooting tear gas and rubber bullets into crowds of innocent people. As far as the shootings go, you investigate them like any other crime. I don't see what that has to do with punishing innocent people for the actions of some guilty and being OK with it. I mean they might even have to do some police work.

Coming from any LEO, this is disgusting.

You can call it what you want, but I, as a LEO, am not about to walk into a crowd of hundreds, possibly thousands, when I am outnumbered, and not knowing who or where the threat is amongst that number. What you are saying is asinine. Do I necessarily agree that tear gas and rubber bullets are the only way? No. Do I understand the tactics and why they are being deployed? Yes. Let's say that the officers just bum rushed the crowd....then we have video coming out that officers just physically went into the crowd and caused a physical riot without provocation. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Have you ever been to a party that got shut down because of a fight? Was everybody fighting? I doubt it. Did the good suffer with the bad? Not excusing, condoning, or justifying anything...You can try to spin or create what you want out of what I say. The bottom line is, there is a cycle at work that someone will have to break. There are agitators at work stirring up shat. The police are responding to that....The police response brings about agitators stirring up shat....the police respond to that....the police response brings out agitators stirring up shat.....the police back off...folks go back to looting, tearing up shat, burning up shat, the police watch because they are allowing these 'peaceful protests'.....complaints that police are not doing their job by watching this occur....agitators stir up shat....the police respond.....police response brings out more agitators stirring up shat....

More of this....

article-2726454-20909EE200000578-999_634x414.jpg

and less of this

article-2726454-20909BDB00000578-908_634x423.jpg

article-2726454-2090B1B200000578-470_634x421.jpg

will ultimately lead to less of this

article-2726609-209157D100000578-25_634x420.jpg

article-2726454-2090ED4300000578-325_634x416.jpg

Where was the money exchange on the video. I am a little lost.

I didn't see any money leave his hand either, thought maybe I'm too old to see it :noidea:

More of this....

article-2726454-20909EE200000578-999_634x414.jpg

and less of this

article-2726454-20909BDB00000578-908_634x423.jpg

article-2726454-2090B1B200000578-470_634x421.jpg

will ultimately lead to less of this

article-2726609-209157D100000578-25_634x420.jpg

article-2726454-2090ED4300000578-325_634x416.jpg

So 6-10 individuals can stand in front of a business and stop looters but all those police officers, extra police officers, trucks, police dogs, etc. can't do the same?! :lol:

We all know the answers to that question...they can. Actually they did. it's documented all over the web, "...police use tear gas and rubber bullets to push protesters from the business district to neighborhoods". As you've stated there are a few bad seeds in the crowd. If the police wanted to stop those bad seeds...they could. Because they did when they pushed them from the business district into the neighborhoods to keep from damaging the business district. Now...they don't care. Let the chips fall where they may...

But Carry on...:popcorn:

Last edited:
They are arresting and using tear gas on folks just standing like in the first pic as well.

He really expects us to believe they can't stop a few bad seeds in a crowd when the police are walking around looking like they are in Iraq. :shame:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think folks should go and listen to the impromptu interview that Ron Johnson gave to Don Lemon and Jake Tapper at around 1AM this morning. I stayed up and happened to catch it. This is the same Trooper captain that everybody was thanking and hugging when he came on the scene mind you. He laid out the whole thing in a nutshell. When the police stood back and on his second night there and did nothing to police the crowd what happened? More fires were set. More businesses were looted. The people complained that the police weren't doing anything. Now that they are stepping back up people are complaining that they are going overboard. And when I say people I mean outsiders like folks on message boards and Facebook. Because if you listen closely to the tone of the community leaders on the ground they seem to have realized that there's a group of people sowing the seeds of chaos and hiding among the peaceful protestors. They seem to now realize that the police have to be there and have to act. They are starting to realize that its on them as community leaders as well to try to put these people out of their gatherings. This is why you saw the leaders form a line last night to keep a young man trying to instigate police action from getting to the police. This allowed the police to stand down and they did. And yet even still multiple people were shot by people within the crowd. Where is the outrage over that by the way?

Look folks there are some realities and facts that are just that... fact... that you're going to have to deal with like it or not. As Captain Johnson stated in his interview if the police were to pull out the agitators would destroy businesses. We know this for a fact because we see what they did when the police simply stood by. And the community called for the police to step up. The agitators aren't going to go home just because the police do. They are going to loot, steal and bring irreparable damage to their neighborhood. You're not going to be able to somehow go in and yank the offender from a crowd of people when what he's thrown is a bottle or molotov cocktail. You're going to have to disperse the whole crowd. Realize that some of these folks are trying to bait the cops into situations where they can take advantage and attack. This occurred on the night that the police command center was almost overrun and last night when individuals hid in bushes while others tried to bait the police into that area. They aren't going to just simply follow the individuals into the dark but instead use armored vehicles to advance.

So now maybe you can see the problem. The police are going to have to do what they must to protect everybody from this group of agitators. However many of the protestors don't know what's going on. They don't see that bottle or bomb being thrown. They don't see the people that got shot 3 or 4 blocks down. All they know is that they are peacefully protesting and all of a sudden the police roll in with gas and "tanks" disturbing their peaceful protest. Now the community leaders know mind you because as I stated above they are now trying to police the crowd before the police do so. Its on them to get this word out to the rest of the community that intends to peacefully protest. In fact one of the leaders for the group that was formerly the New Black Panther's called for a moratorium on night time protests to try to reset and get rid of the bad elements. Capt. Johnson last night called for protestors to go home and let them bad elements be exposed starting around 4PM so they can deal with them. Will the people of Ferguson heed these calls or do anything to try to remove the bad elements? Because there's no other way for the police to handle them. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

And I can only hope that as the community learns to police these protests they learn to police their own communities. Because there's some real work that needs to happen on both sides of the ball here. We can march till we're blue in the face about police brutality but if we don't stand up when its time to effect the actual makeup of the police force then we are marching for nothing. But I hear that the voter turnout rates in Ferguson are abysmal. I don't know the crime rate but residents actually said its common to hear shots around the area where the shots were fired last night as if to say all is normal so the police didn't need to become alarmed. What??? If you don't want the police in your neighborhood looking at you like you're a criminal for being there then stop making the sound of gunshots so common that people feel it should be overlooked!!! Ok next will come the excuse that the crime follows lack of jobs and education. But burning down businesses isn't going to help you with that. You're destroying the jobs that are there, killing the tax base for education and making it a less desirable place to live and run a business. And if you want more jobs, businesses and homes to come to your neighborhood then be ready for the rise in taxes that will come with it and don't start screaming about gentrification. Be ready to take those jobs. It makes no sense to me that I as a black man came from a little town in a house I'd be embarrassed to show if it weren't for the fact that my old man built it with his own hands to travel 800 miles away and take a high paying job literally across the highway from Ferguson MO and the people in Ferguson aren't doing that.

Black folks its time for us to step up and fess up to our own role in this mess and do something about it besides trying to tell everybody else what they need to do for us.

Black folks its time for us to step up and fess up to our own role in this mess and do something about it besides trying to tell everybody else what they need to do for us.

Are you serious? How am I going to fess up for something I have never done.

Is the fact about being treated like a criminal for the actions of others just because I'm black or that I have to be held responsible for the actions of every black person that commits a crime lost on yall? No one else nor any other group is held to this monolithic standard of communal behavior but us.

Are you serious? How am I going to fess up for something I have never done.

Is the fact about being treated like a criminal for the actions of others just because I'm black or that I have to be held responsible for the actions of every black person that commits a crime lost on yall? No one else nor any other group is held to this monolithic standard of communal behavior but us.

:lol:

You skipped to the bottom too?! :emlaugh:

Just playing...I read it all.

Ron Johnson was disheartened and it showed...the police are exhausted...the protesters are exhausted ...time for concrete solution plans to begin to emerge from this show...in the end, black folks want basic respect and getting rid of unfair profiling...time to get some white papers together that makes white folks and other aware and black folks on the road to walking and standing taller in our own eyes and the world's eyes.

I think folks should go and listen to the impromptu interview that Ron Johnson gave to Don Lemon and Jake Tapper at around 1AM this morning. I stayed up and happened to catch it. This is the same Trooper captain that everybody was thanking and hugging when he came on the scene mind you. He laid out the whole thing in a nutshell. When the police stood back and on his second night there and did nothing to police the crowd what happened? More fires were set. More businesses were looted. The people complained that the police weren't doing anything. Now that they are stepping back up people are complaining that they are going overboard. And when I say people I mean outsiders like folks on message boards and Facebook. Because if you listen closely to the tone of the community leaders on the ground they seem to have realized that there's a group of people sowing the seeds of chaos and hiding among the peaceful protestors. They seem to now realize that the police have to be there and have to act. They are starting to realize that its on them as community leaders as well to try to put these people out of their gatherings. This is why you saw the leaders form a line last night to keep a young man trying to instigate police action from getting to the police. This allowed the police to stand down and they did. And yet even still multiple people were shot by people within the crowd. Where is the outrage over that by the way?

Look folks there are some realities and facts that are just that... fact... that you're going to have to deal with like it or not. As Captain Johnson stated in his interview if the police were to pull out the agitators would destroy businesses. We know this for a fact because we see what they did when the police simply stood by. And the community called for the police to step up. The agitators aren't going to go home just because the police do. They are going to loot, steal and bring irreparable damage to their neighborhood. You're not going to be able to somehow go in and yank the offender from a crowd of people when what he's thrown is a bottle or molotov cocktail. You're going to have to disperse the whole crowd. Realize that some of these folks are trying to bait the cops into situations where they can take advantage and attack. This occurred on the night that the police command center was almost overrun and last night when individuals hid in bushes while others tried to bait the police into that area. They aren't going to just simply follow the individuals into the dark but instead use armored vehicles to advance.

So now maybe you can see the problem. The police are going to have to do what they must to protect everybody from this group of agitators. However many of the protestors don't know what's going on. They don't see that bottle or bomb being thrown. They don't see the people that got shot 3 or 4 blocks down. All they know is that they are peacefully protesting and all of a sudden the police roll in with gas and "tanks" disturbing their peaceful protest. Now the community leaders know mind you because as I stated above they are now trying to police the crowd before the police do so. Its on them to get this word out to the rest of the community that intends to peacefully protest. In fact one of the leaders for the group that was formerly the New Black Panther's called for a moratorium on night time protests to try to reset and get rid of the bad elements. Capt. Johnson last night called for protestors to go home and let them bad elements be exposed starting around 4PM so they can deal with them. Will the people of Ferguson heed these calls or do anything to try to remove the bad elements? Because there's no other way for the police to handle them. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves.

And I can only hope that as the community learns to police these protests they learn to police their own communities. Because there's some real work that needs to happen on both sides of the ball here. We can march till we're blue in the face about police brutality but if we don't stand up when its time to effect the actual makeup of the police force then we are marching for nothing. But I hear that the voter turnout rates in Ferguson are abysmal. I don't know the crime rate but residents actually said its common to hear shots around the area where the shots were fired last night as if to say all is normal so the police didn't need to become alarmed. What??? If you don't want the police in your neighborhood looking at you like you're a criminal for being there then stop making the sound of gunshots so common that people feel it should be overlooked!!! Ok next will come the excuse that the crime follows lack of jobs and education. But burning down businesses isn't going to help you with that. You're destroying the jobs that are there, killing the tax base for education and making it a less desirable place to live and run a business. And if you want more jobs, businesses and homes to come to your neighborhood then be ready for the rise in taxes that will come with it and don't start screaming about gentrification. Be ready to take those jobs. It makes no sense to me that I as a black man came from a little town in a house I'd be embarrassed to show if it weren't for the fact that my old man built it with his own hands to travel 800 miles away and take a high paying job literally across the highway from Ferguson MO and the people in Ferguson aren't doing that.

1. The residents are policing their own community...as shown in the picture posted above by S phi S of the individuals standing in front of the building

2. Why can't the police do their jobs AND not be so aggressive...at the same time?! Which goes back to question in an earlier post, "So 6-10 individuals can stand in front of a business and stop looters but all those police officers, extra police officers, trucks, police dogs, etc. can't do the same?!"

Are there bad seeds in the crowd? Yep. But does that justify the actions...reactions from the police, (in my opinion)...nope.

And what about all these reporters getting arrested? what's Ron Johnson's answer for that?!

Ron Johnson was disheartened and it showed...the police are exhausted...the protesters are exhausted ...time for concrete solution plans to begin to emerge from this show...in the end, black folks want basic respect and getting rid of unfair profiling...time to get some white papers together that makes white folks and other aware and black folks on the road to walking and standing taller in our own eyes and the world's eyes.

The official report from the coroner STILL hasn't been released...

How about we start with that...some answers.

The official report from the coroner STILL hasn't been released...

How about we start with that...some answers.

Can't release the report but CAN say he had marijuana in his system...we all know this is a coverup situation...but we have to figure out how to get ahead of this BS game...

Are there bad seeds in the crowd? Yep. But does that justify the actions...reactions from the police, (in my opinion)...nope.

And what about all these reporters getting arrested? what's Ron Johnson's answer for that?!

1. No doubt there are a handful of people not even from Ferguson/St. Louis County causing problems and blending in. But the media, a lot of white folks and certain people on this board want to persecute 95% (which includes kids and journalists) for a handful of people

2. As I said in my OP, there will be hell to pay for the threats and arrests to the journalists. There are several instances floating around on social media of this happening as well as us seeing it live via stream. Johnson, Nixon or Obama can't answer that.

Can't release the report but CAN say he had marijuana in his system...we all know this is a coverup situation...but we have to figure out how to get ahead of this BS game...

Yep. That's why the good side of social media has shined through in this situation because the media sure isn't doing Mike Brown any favors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back