Ferguson , Mo -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vet Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,'Shut Up Even If We're Violating Your rig

Na man but you can't have it both ways. When that cat from Pine Bluff shot them six people. There were people from UAPB putting his picture on their profile in a show of support and talking about his "rough" upbringing... Some of those same people are now ride or die for the Mike Brown cause. I can't take those people seriously.

I didn't see any of that, though I only have one UAPB alum as a friend on FB.

What type of case and how much money? How much would a GOOD lawyer have cost?

It was a political prosecution of a local police chief after Hurricane Katrina. I don't know how much he paid for his lawyer and how much it would have been to get a higher profile lawyer but they asked my dad and some others to raise over 50k for NAN to get involved. They also wanted them to start a Mississippi Chapter. To raise that money on top of legal fees at the time just wasn't feasible.

I know few peoples involved with the Trayvon Martin camp and they have hinted about NAN squeezing them for money but have never openly said how much they asked for.

Bottom line is until we SHOW the value and INSTILL the value of life in our kids by standing up for them no matter who's on the other side of the trigger, we will continue to have discussions like this.

Bottom line is until we SHOW the value and INSTILL the value of life in our kids by standing up for them no matter who's on the other side of the trigger, we will continue to have discussions like this.

And our point is that that is being done.

Yeah, if we all of sudden straighten up a flew right, the police would respect us more.

Cause historically that has been the case, right?

This respectability politics is dangerous, man.

Re: Vet Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,'Shut Up Even If We're Violating Your rig

I didn't see any of that, though I only have one UAPB alum as a friend on FB.

I'm not on Facebook, but our alumni chapter has a Facebook page. I asked our members if they saw this and they said they didn't see this either, and neither did the other alumni I know and/or graduated with. I even asked my daughters if they saw this on FB and they said "No". None of the current students posted Smith's pic on their page in support of him or what he did. A lot of them knew him and said that while they didn't expect this from him, he deserves whatever the court throws at him.

Last edited:
I am really trying to understand the purpose of you posting this article. 1. I have never disagreed with you about the fact that black on black crime is lower now than it was in the 90's. 2. Those number ignore some key facts but that isn't important here so I will leave that alone.

To prove that people do care about curbing black violence. The decline in crimes and killings is a reflection of that.

I think Al Sharpton has a role to play but I do not like the way that National Action Network operates. I think they force people into giving them money in situations. We tried to get them to Mississippi for a case but the amount of money they wanted people to raise was far too much.

I really think Al is out for profit. He sits and waits until there is a national issue amongst black people and then he shows up. I like AL and Jessie, but they have an agenda.

I'm not on Facebook, but our alumni chapter has a Facebook page. I asked our members if they saw this and they said they didn't see this either, and neither did the other alumni I know and/or graduated with. I even asked my daughters if they saw this on FB and they said "No". None of the current students put Smith's pic as their avatar either. A lot of them knew him and said that while they didn't expect this from him, he deserves whatever the court throws at him.

My wife is from pine bluff and she knows plenty of people who went to school with him. One night, she showed me a few folks who were supporting him on there and asking for prayer for him. There was a vicious debate on one the posts.

To prove that people do care about curbing black violence. The decline in crimes and killings is a reflection of that.

I never said people didn't care bro. I have been to anti-violence rallies in the hood. I have been to police service area (DC thing) meetings where local community members meet with the police to discuss strategies about reducing crime. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to recruit a few mentees from the inner city myself but they never really meshed with me. I think most people in the hood want less violence around them.

My wife is from pine bluff and she knows plenty of people who went to school with him. One night, she showed me a few folks who were supporting him on there and asking for prayer for him. There was a vicious debate on one the posts.

Ok, but again, I asked our alumni chapter and people that I know that graduated from PB that are on FB, as well as students that know Smith, and they didn't see any pics of Smith supporting him. People I know that work on campus, people that I know who work in the residential life (with the students) didn't see that on FB.

There's a difference between supporting Smith's killing people and asking for prayer for him. The child killed people; his life and future (to some) may seem as dead as the lives he took. He needs prayer....like we all do.

Is it good? I tried his TV show but I couldn't take it. Him, Ed and Pierce Morgan really made me quit watching cable news all together. Wel

He's definitely less scripted and speaks about a lot of happenings that aren't always in the media. Also takes calls from around the country.

Abso -- bleeping -- lutely. most cops I have talked to mainly care about getting back home to their families just like I do. They would rather NOT have to deal with people flashing weapons at them, cursing them, or whatever, but they are paid to do so. I do not and will not ever agree with harming a unarmed person if they pose no threat to you, but COME at me or my family and that thought is GONE and I don't give a damn if CNN, Jesse Jackson, or anyone else is right there filming.

What does this have to do with anything?

I'm still wondering Pop ....

Just laying out a couple of scenarios (somewhat facetiously) of something making you angry and putting you in the position of being perceived as a threat.
Apparently, a lot of folks perceive angry black males as a threat to their family's safety.

Last edited:
Ferguson could have avoided the riots if Mike Brown had been a dog instead of a black man, look how this officer was fired for shooting a DOG!!!!

...The shooting generated anger in the community, with several people starting a Facebook page called "Justice for Apollo." after investigating the incident, the hometown police chief took action and terminated the officer, a 15-year veteran of the department.....

http://abc7chicago.com/pets/hometown-police-officer-fired-after-fatally-shooting-dog--/225283/

Last edited:
Huey P. Newton Gun Club leads open-carry rally in South Dallas

Two dozen protesters — most of them armed — from a gun club named after the founder of the original Black Panther Party peacefully marched through parts of South Dallas on Wednesday.

The open-carry rally was organized by the Huey P. Newton Gun Club to promote self-defense and community policing in response to recent police shootings, both nationally and locally.

Police monitored the black-clad demonstrators, some of whom had rifles slung over their shoulders. As they walked down MLK Boulevard and Malcolm X Boulevard in the blistering heat, many chanted “black power” and “justice for Michael Brown,” the black teenager fatally shot by police this month in suburban St. Louis. His death has touched off a string of often-violent protests in that area.

While the Dallas marchers frequently chanted Brown’s name, they said their main goal was to shed light on local shootings by police. Dallas County leaders recently announced that they are looking into ways to change how they investigate shootings involving police officers.

I don't know how much he paid for his lawyer and how much it would have been to get a higher profile lawyer but they asked my dad and some others to raise over 50k for NAN to get involved. They also wanted them to start a Mississippi Chapter. To raise that money on top of legal fees at the time just wasn't feasible.

I know few peoples involved with the Trayvon Martin camp and they have hinted about NAN squeezing them for money but have never openly said how much they asked for.

I can personally attest to this. I got at Al about helping with trying to bring more attention to the private prisons here and how they got the state (Governor, Lt. Governor, Bennie Thompson, state legislators, etc.) in their back pocket but they wanted me to join and start a chapter.

The NAACP wanted me to start a chapter in Tallahatchie County.... AFTER assigning me to the Tallahatchie County chapter only for them to "find out" that they don't have a legit chapter there. They had my EEOC "Right To Sue" in hand saying they were going to get a lawyer but let it lapse. they're nothing more than Bennie's watch dogs now

So Fox News and the other white folks lied.........

CNN Says Rumor That Michael Brown Fractured Darren Wilson's Eye Socket is False

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...ket_not_broken_by_michael_brown_cnn_says.html

he Washington Post reported earlier today that a friend of Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson says Wilson's eye socket was broken during his confrontation with Michael Brown:

The signs of easing tensions came as a family friend of the officer who fatally shot Brown came forward to allege new details of the incident, saying that the officer suffered a fracture to his eye socket in a scuffle with the unarmed teenager before opening fire.

Hospital X-rays of the injury have been submitted to the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney and will be shared with a grand jury now weighing evidence to determine whether Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting.

That claim appears to have been undermined. For one, the Post is now reporting that prosecutors have not seen any of Wilson's medical records:

[Spokesperson Ed] Magee said that prosecutors have not received any medical records relating to Wilson so far. ​But he said that since Wilson was taken to the hospital, they assume there are medical records and they just haven’t received them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back