FCS Playoffs smh

That right there needs to five day marinate with some. There are still people, young and old, that challenge anything black if white folks are not involved it. Just plain sickness, whites could care less whether black folks participate when they are trying to make something successful. Too many us on the other hand, well, just can't feel quite right or satisfied unless them folks in the middle of our business. Just sick as shyt!

Every year when this comes up they expose themselves

Even them folks are taking our models at the FBS level of neutral site classics

Them FCS conferences would ditch the playoffs in a heartbeat if they knew they could draw 30k in a neutral site game

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I dont get what this has to do with the playoffs. It was a chartered flight of their own that had mechanical issues. NCAA supposed to call in Air Force One or what?
The NCAA got that plane not Nichols. Their operating budget is on par with the SWAC which opens up the door for many other discussions.

That right there needs to five day marinate with some. There are still people, young and old, that challenge anything black if white folks are not involved in it. Just plain sickness, whites could care less whether black folks participate when they are trying to make something successful. Too many us on the other hand, well, just can't feel quite right or satisfied unless them folks in the middle of our business. Just sick as shyt!
Exactly! Just schedule them OOC and do our thing in the postseason.

They do if they're on record saying that they would give up the playoffs in a heartbeat for a bowl game

Plus the team getting stuck in an airport for 7 hours shows how little the NCAA cares about it (and the fans don't either)

FAMU hosting the SCG will outdraw every playoff game (probably double some games)
Youre trying to make this about the NCAA when it has nothing to do with it. FAMU would outdraw them and get blown out just like they did the last time. Again, yall folks are really the only ones that put that banner on attendance. I dont think NDSU could give 2 shits that FAMU would outdraw them when they'd probably score 70. Again, yall goals are different. Competitiveness counts over there. Over here, get yourself 25k and win the CB and that's a W. That's just what it is.

The FCS playoffs is a participation trophy scheme. At the end of the day you're left with saying you participated and have nothing in the coffers to show for it. That is called an L on any day of the week. Football is a revenue generating sport, but when it comes to the FCS playoffs everybody simple enough to fall for the con is told to forget that. The power 5 and group of 5 would never go for that, but folks go deep sea diving for reasons HBCUs should.

No matter how hard some try to make sense of it, foregoing self-sufficiency and self-preservation for the sake of saying I went over there and felt like an equal is a fools errand. Whenever the FCS playoffs generate actual revenue then and only then will participating potentially make sense.

How about we turn the celebration bowl into a playoff system that leads there.? Just a food for thought. Maybe push the game back later into December to accommodate it. Extra home games maybe ?
We do have a playoff system. In the SWAC, the first round is called the SCG. In the MEAC, they have a 6 team playoff.

As I keep saying …

If the FCS playoffs were so great, then why all of those teams left FCS?
Because it is more money to be made in FBS than FCS given the FBS conferences media contracts are better than FCS. The thing with the FCS playoffs is some of the schools like Eastern Washington over bid for hosting FCS playoff home games, as it makes no since bidding let say 40,000 to host if you can not make that money back with attendance for the game. Keep in mind from what I understand from bowl games the teams that are playing are on the hook for selling a certain amount of tickets and if they don't sell that amount they have to pay the bowl game the difference. This is why bowl games are concern about if fans travel well when selecting some of those that go to bowl games.

NCCU was smart enough not to even place a bid to host FCS home game, while others only bid what they believe they can make back from hosting the a playoff home game.

Exactly! Just schedule them OOC and do our thing in the postseason.

NCCU literally did this for the 2023 season and was rewarded a playoff berth since they didn't win the MEAC (Valley does it as well even if we probably shouldn't)

Evidently some idiots at the airport administration also. No way, had I been over the airport, would I have locked a bunch of college students, football players at that, in an airport....just them. They lucky the airport was not trashed or burn down. I bet if a fire had started and emergency had to come to airport, they would have got assistance...food, probably hotel rooms.

As I keep saying …

If the FCS playoffs were so great, then why all of those teams left FCS?
Because being in FBS is better than being in FCS. That has nothing to do with the playoffs considering outside of the Ivy League, any team getting an invite is still going to accept it. That should be common sense.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That's what he's supposed to say lol. Surely doesn't mean 1) He won't take an FBS job if he gets an offer or 2) He wouldn't want to compete in the playoffs if given a chance. They campaigned hard as hell for a playoff spot last year when the CB wasn't an option. But being real, the CB is likely the best option because competing with those MVFC teams ain't gonna happen.

The FCS playoffs is a participation trophy scheme. At the end of the day you're left with saying you participated and have nothing in the coffers to show for it. That is called an L on any day of the week. Football is a revenue generating sport, but when it comes to the FCS playoffs everybody simple enough to fall for the con is told to forget that. The power 5 and group of 5 would never go for that, but folks go deep sea diving for reasons HBCUs should.
The P5 and G5 have gone for that for years. If you’re not in the CFP or a NY6 bowl, those schools are playing for participation trophies. Who the hell think it’s a good idea to play in some of those bowl games that barely draw more than HBCU classics?

The P5 and G5 have gone for that for years. If you’re not in the CFP or a NY6 bowl, those schools are playing for participation trophies. Who the hell think it’s a good idea to play in some of those bowl games that barely draw more than HBCU classics?

Outside of those teams that barely miss the "playoffs", almost every team

Coaches love those extra practices.

ESPN loves them because those games draw ratings. Even the random bowl games involving two random 6-6 teams

Outside of those teams that barely miss the "playoffs", almost every team

Coaches love those extra practices.

ESPN loves them because those games draw ratings. Even the random bowl games involving two random 6-6 teams
I see both sides. Make sense

That's what he's supposed to say lol. Surely doesn't mean 1) He won't take an FBS job if he gets an offer or 2) He wouldn't want to compete in the playoffs if given a chance. They campaigned hard as hell for a playoff spot last year when the CB wasn't an option. But being real, the CB is likely the best option because competing with those MVFC teams ain't gonna happen.
Those white people would give up the playoff in a heartbeat to make money. Believe that

I said participation trophy scheme. With that said, your argument amounts to optics while I was talking about business. There is no equivalency between bowl games with a guarantee pay out and play-off games that only produce red ink and a trophy.

I said participation trophy scheme. With that said, your argument amounts to optics while I was talking about business. There is no equivalency between bowl games with a guarantee pay out and play-off games that only produce red ink and a trophy.
Go read the book Death to the BCS, which lays out how bowl games really work. Bowl directors, not schools, are enriched. Those payouts the majority of the schools get are contingent on being able to sell their allotment of tickets. A lot of schools end up having to make up the difference since most of those lower-tier bowl games rarely ever sell out. It's a scheme, but the NCAA isn't involved.

Go read the book Death to the BCS, which lays out how bowl games really work. Bowl directors, not schools, are enriched. Those payouts the majority of the schools get are contingent on being able to sell their allotment of tickets. A lot of schools end up having to make up the difference since most of those lower-tier bowl games rarely ever sell out. It's a scheme, but the NCAA isn't involved.
If as you say, point taken. Lower-tier bowl games, under the circumstances you mentioned, deserve the same scrutiny and criticism.

I agree with what Rated R stated, but keep in mind the schools can make money too based on being able to do certain things (most schools don't meet those requirements to make a bowl appearance profitable) . The chance to make a profit is the carrot that the Bowl directors wave in front of the schools, but alot of schools feels pressured or required by their conferences to go to bowl games.

Back