FCS Playoffs smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I dont get what this has to do with the playoffs. It was a chartered flight of their own that had mechanical issues. NCAA supposed to call in Air Force One or what?

How about we turn the celebration bowl into a playoff system that leads there.? Just a food for thought. Maybe push the game back later into December to accommodate it. Extra home games maybe ?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What I’m thinking is a 6 team playoff system. Top 3 teams in the SWAC and MEAC. Best record gets a bye. Seeds 2 gets to host seed 3. Winner advances to the meac and swac championships to face the top seed at their home. Winners advance to the celebration that next week. This model eliminates the best overall records not being able to contend due to division, eliminates dead time in between the SWAC championship and celebration bowl, and gives a fair playing field so the meac is not resting too long. The only downside is division winners would go away and if one division is stronger than the other, it could be more east or west teams in the playoffs, but it allows the teams with the best record to get in and doesn’t penalize a team for getting caught slipping one game in conference. That’s my proposal for us. Home teams get full purse. SWAC pays for away teams travel expenses and band to come. Both games get ESPN 2 or better coverage.

How about we turn the celebration bowl into a playoff system that leads there.? Just a food for thought. Maybe push the game back later into December to accommodate it. Extra home games maybe ?
The issue with pushing the Celebration Bowl back later in December is that it was intentionally slotted at noon on ABC, so the event wouldn't be competing against other FBS bowl games. You move that game back a week or two later, and it just becomes another bowl game like all the others.

What I’m thinking is a 6 team playoff system. Top 3 teams in the SWAC and MEAC. Best record gets a bye. Seeds 2 gets to host seed 3. Winner advances to the meac and swac championships to face the top seed at their home. Winners advance to the celebration that next week. This model eliminates the best overall records not being able to contend due to division, eliminates dead time in between the SWAC championship and celebration bowl, and gives a fair playing field so the meac is not resting too long. The only downside is division winners would go away and if one division is stronger than the other, it could be more east or west teams in the playoffs, but it allows the teams with the best record to get in and doesn’t penalize a team for getting caught slipping one game in conference. That’s my proposal for us. Home teams get full purse. SWAC pays for away teams travel expenses and band to come. Both games get ESPN 2 or better coverage.
So, what happens if one of the three best SWAC or MEAC teams ends up getting an FCS playoff bid like NC Central?

So, what happens if one of the three best SWAC or MEAC teams ends up getting an FCS playoff bid like NC Central?
You’d be giving the playoffs up. But honestly given what we have seen this year and years past, are we really missing out? More money can be made doing an additional home game or the exposure received from being on tv.

The issue with pushing the Celebration Bowl back later in December is that it was intentionally slotted at noon on ABC, so the event wouldn't be competing against other FBS bowl games. You move that game back a week or two later, and it just becomes another bowl game like all the others.
Good point. What happens next year when FBS expands to a 12 team playoffs and they probably play doing that time period. Our people will support and find us. The crowd will always be there.

You’d be giving the playoffs up. But honestly given what we have seen this year and years past, are we really missing out? More money can be made doing an additional home game or the exposure received from being on tv.
The conference commissioners don't want to give up the playoffs completely. They want teams in the Celebration Bowl and the playoffs.

But do they care about that? Their goals are a bit different.

They do if they're on record saying that they would give up the playoffs in a heartbeat for a bowl game

Plus the team getting stuck in an airport for 7 hours shows how little the NCAA cares about it (and the fans don't either)

FAMU hosting the SCG will outdraw every playoff game (probably double some games)

They do if they're on record saying that they would give up the playoffs in a heartbeat for a bowl game

Plus the team getting stuck in an airport for 7 hours shows how little the NCAA cares about it (and the fans don't either)

FAMU hosting the SCG will outdraw every playoff game (probably double some games)
This is my point of emphasis. We don’t have to play their tournament to be successful.

This is my point of emphasis. We don’t have to play their tournament to be successful.

That right there needs to five day marinate with some. There are still people, young and old, that challenge anything black if white folks are not involved in it. Just plain sickness, whites could care less whether black folks participate when they are trying to make something successful. Too many us on the other hand, well, just can't feel quite right or satisfied unless them folks in the middle of our business. Just sick as shyt!

Last edited:
Back