FCS Playoffs smh

We do have a playoff system. In the SWAC, the first round is called the SCG. In the MEAC, they have a 6 team playoff.
No body wants to see Delaware State play anyone and I don't think a playoff will work for HBCUs because of the small amount of teams the two conferences have combine (along with some of the lack of attendance from some of the schools in both conferences - look at home Howard people showed up at the Celebration Bowl as an example). Winning the conference championships already does the same thing that a playoff would do. To me keep it the same as it is now, but trying to expand sponsorship revenue, which could include special celebration bowl official school merchandise which could include jerseys. I would even go as far as reach out to WWE to get a similar deal that the Big 12 has for their conference championship for Celebration Bowl (since one of things that the WWE have stated that they have no been able to do in gain traction among black people compared to past wrestling promotions). If the do customize belt for the mvp of the game they should model the belt based on the World Championship version of the belt since it has more connection to the footprint of the MEAC and SWAC.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The point is no one even knew (or probably cared) that this game was even happening. FCS playoffs is going to have to find a way to showcase themselves or they will become totally irrelevant. Trying to compete with FBS playoffs is not their niche....too much to compete with in January...(FBS playoffs, NFL, basketball conf action beginning...etc.)

The point is no one even knew (or probably cared) that this game was even happening. FCS playoffs is going to have to find a way to showcase themselves or they will become totally irrelevant. Trying to compete with FBS playoffs is not their niche....too much to compete with in January...(FBS playoffs, NFL, basketball conf action beginning...etc.)
I must say that both teams have huge school support! Some other schools arent as supportive but Monatana and SDSU are at the top!

There is nothing that can help FCS. It's 3rd or 4th tier football which is why I'm confused about why some people want our best teams there. "THEIR" best teams are not there. Their best teams go to bowl games just like we do. And nobody gaf that SDSU won because it doesnt make them the "best" anything. It was a nice crowd tho and, while I dont want our best to go there, I am certainly for 2nd place teams like NCCU and FAMU to go.

I think it would help if it was played last weekend. I think this line-up would have worked.

FCS National Championship game @ 11 AM
Michigan vs Alabama at 4 PM
Washington vs Texas at 9 PM

Like many others have said, no one was checking for college football yesterday.

I think it would help if it was played last weekend. I think this line-up would have worked.

FCS National Championship game @ 11 AM
Michigan vs Alabama at 4 PM
Washington vs Texas at 9 PM

Like many others have said, no one was checking for college football yesterday.
Networks don't care about the FCS Championship game enough for that to happen. Plus now the FBS field is moving to 12 teams....so no one really will care about FCS.... they have to get a prime time spot mid December....maybe a timeslot after the Celebration Bowl...

Networks don't care about the FCS Championship game enough for that to happen. Plus now the FBS field is moving to 12 teams....so no one really will care about FCS.... they have to get a prime time spot mid December....maybe a timeslot after the Celebration Bowl...
You have a point there... lol
Those playoffs are truly smalltime. 😭

If the CB between Famu and Howard was in a stadium like in Frisco the game would have been standing room only with folks outside having a good time!!!

We still got the Power!!!🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

Here yall go with this is argument lol. We all know all that matters over here is attendance and ratings sheesh. Damn actually being good.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We do have a playoff system. In the SWAC, the first round is called the SCG. In the MEAC, they have a 6 team playoff.
I like the current MEAC setup. Sure we would like to have 2 more teams but the current configuration makes every game life or death. A game against Del State has the same level of importance as does a game against Howard or SCSU. We can schedule plenty OOC games to show we can ball and still have a competitive conference slate.

And that my friend is the dumbest decision ever in the Dooley era. Clifton McDowell just committed to Southern but Dooley wanted 10 quarterbacks on the roster and decided to recruit the kid from Oklahoma. Clifton get words and de commits from southern only to lead Montana to the national championship. Also the kid from Oklahoma never committed to Southern.

We have to do better next year!!
It's doing very well for a Bowl Game with little history or tradition behind it. I agree that the goal should always be to improve upon what already exist, but that takes time. The game is still young, it won't be ten years old until 2025.

I'm curious about your opinion though. What would you consider ideal? As for attendance, are Magic City Classic and Bayou Classic numbers an ideal goal?

I don't know what would be ideal viewership numbers nor how you get there without it being very costly, even the Superbowl would lose viewers without it's halftime show.

It's doing very well for a Bowl Game with little history or tradition behind it. I agree that the goal should always be to improve upon what already exist, but that takes time. The game is still young, it won't be ten years old until 2025.

I'm curious about your opinion though. What would you consider ideal? As for attendance, are Magic City Classic and Bayou Classic numbers an ideal goal?

I don't know what would be ideal viewership numbers nor how you get there without it being very costly, even the Superbowl would lose viewers without it's halftime show.
In terms of marketing the game itself through all the institutions. Well i didn't see much promotion outside of the social media groups. The numbers for the game were good considering Howard doesn't have a huge following. I would love to see the attendance get up to those classic numbers but i truly think its all about the matchups. Is there really a team in the MEAC that would could bring those numbers to fill out the Mercedes Stadium? I also think the kickoff time could be a factor as well!

Back