Erykah Badu's new video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the video was about Groupthink. Because thats all she been talking about on twitter all month.

Seems like in the video she was leaving the "group" (her cloths and walking away) and when your views oppose the mass, you usually get killed for it. Hence the assassination. (as soon as she was nude).

SHe aint had no buzz like this since she first came out. lol My dad even called me about the video.:lol:

It's fun seeing how in a matter of days the talk of Badu's video is all over F.B., Twitter, & etc.

Anyways..as the video played...the message(s) I felt she was trying to convey:

1. She enters into the scene and parks her antique car then puts money in the meter

During her time on the music scene which is still now..Badu has entered into the music scene with an approach that is orginal..reminiscent of old school and not of current artists...something that has been lacking overall in music

2. She walks throughout the scene taking off her clothes a piece at a time with the tatoo on her back which says evolving

Badu continues to evolve on each release...revealing her soul in her music and what she is all about...she ain't scared to do it either

3. She is shot in the end but a new Badu emerges

The people walking around could be the critics or the industry. As she continues to ignore such folks...she will be shot down for being who she is..neverthless..she will still evolve and be something that is unique and different and against the grain...

:noidea::clap::lecture: :idea:

just a thought...LOL!

...and I completely agree with you. That's what Erykah is doing...Evolving.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:lol:
Getting butt naked walking down the street to a song is evolving.
The actual "Singing talent" is secondary to shock buzz.
Not cracking ............. Just "typing" out loud.

(I wonder how evolved I would be if I stripped on the street's of Dallas and layed out for all to see.
bet those 50,000 volt Dallas PD tasers would "evolve" my arse str8 into the air.
) :lol:
Carry on.:tup:

Last edited:
Trust me.
She did it live.............no joke.

In the beginning when she takes off her coat by those guys, one in the background actually pick it up and put it on.
She probably walked that route a dozen times, figuring out where she would do what before actually doing the shoot.

Dang! When I saw the video, I was thinking "I know she is NOT about to get Naked!" :retard: then Wow! :what:

I saw brother-man in the background with the red jacket picking up her clothes :lol: :lol: The thug in him couldn't resist the temptation. :goof:

It's fun seeing how in a matter of days the talk of Badu's video is all over F.B., Twitter, & etc.

Anyways..as the video played...the message(s) I felt she was trying to convey:

1. She enters into the scene and parks her antique car then puts money in the meter

During her time on the music scene which is still now..Badu has entered into the music scene with an approach that is orginal..reminiscent of old school and not of current artists...something that has been lacking overall in music

2. She walks throughout the scene taking off her clothes a piece at a time with the tatoo on her back which says evolving

Badu continues to evolve on each release...revealing her soul in her music and what she is all about...she ain't scared to do it either

3. She is shot in the end but a new Badu emerges

The people walking around could be the critics or the industry. As she continues to ignore such folks...she will be shot down for being who she is..neverthless..she will still evolve and be something that is unique and different and against the grain...

:noidea::clap::lecture: :idea:

just a thought...LOL!
That's a pretty good critique/break-down....very interesting.

Trust me.
She did it live.............no joke.

The only camera she had was a cam-corder with one other person filming.
I sure she had her security planted along the route in case something went wrong.
Got to remember that it's been a while since she been in the public eye and there was no music playing like in a regular video shoot.
Most people probably didn't even know it was her at the time and just thought it was some crazy mofo that they should not F with.
Just her walking while the person filming had the song playing low so she could hear it and be at certain places during the song.
You can tell that because sometimes she would speed up her walk to a jog and then slow back down at certain spots.

When she crosses the street and take off her shirt, look at the woman with the 2 kids stop and look at her.
In the beginning when she takes off her coat by those guys, one in the background actually pick it up and put it on.
She probably walked that route a dozen times, figuring out where she would do what before actually doing the shoot.

I'm sorry P, but that video is either edited or staged with actors. If you believe that was filmed live in board daylight with a bunch of strangers walking around I got some beach front property in Iowa for sell. I saw a few people at the beginning look at her, but that was all to make it seem real. That guy did pick up her jacket and shoes but suddenly stopped and start talking to another group of guys. What group of guys are going to stop while a chick is walking down the street taking off her clothes? After that nobody even blink at her. At the 3:40 mark she stripped down to her bra and panties then passed several men and they didn't peep at her. Then she is walking BUTT NAKED in front of all type of people and not one look. Man that isn't real. That was either edited or staged.

But it is a very very very nice video. Hopefully Bee or Alicia will try to upstage this one. :D

Last edited:
You do know that in the great state of Texas that being outside in the nude is <b>illegal,</b> huh? :) Call it "old thinking," "antiquated," "closed minded," lol or whatever but that holds zero weight in a court of law. It's <b>illegal</b>.

What next? Some rapper dude is actually gonna' murder someone and call it art? :retard:

If I had my kids there, there's no way I'd want them to be exposed to a naked woman walking down the street. Huge thumbs down. :tdown: She's obviously talented w/ voice. This gimmick wasn't necessary but to those of you who support her, good job. Just don't walk down the street naked here or you'll be looking very, very stupid when you're arrested. :D :emlaugh:

Well! what ever she's trying to accomplish, it has evidently worked. CNN correspondant "Rick Sanchez" said they offered Erykah an interview on CNN, but she refused. Imagine everyone seeing that video all over the world. CNN showed some of the video including her nuding necked body. I just wish I was in the area at that time using an outdoor toilet. Tabloids getting ready to get paid including Erykah.

Last edited:
You do know that in the great state of Texas that being outside in the nude is <b>illegal,</b> huh? :) Call it "old thinking," "antiquated," "closed minded," lol or whatever but that holds zero weight in a court of law. It's <b>illegal</b>.

What next? Some rapper dude is actually gonna' murder someone and call it art? :retard:

If I had my kids there, there's no way I'd want them to be exposed to a naked woman walking down the street. Huge thumbs down. :tdown: She's obviously talented w/ voice. This gimmick wasn't necessary but to those of you who support her, good job. Just don't walk down the street naked here or you'll be looking very, very stupid when you're arrested. :D :emlaugh:

The man in me disagree, but the parent in me totally feel you. But like I said before it is either edited or staged with actors. You best believe all those white folks with their kids out their would have called the police if this really happen. Especially in Dallas, TX. They would have been ready to lynched that black woman.

I'm sorry P, but that video is either edited or staged with actors. If you believe that was filmed live in board daylight with a bunch of strangers walking around I got some beach front property in Iowa for sell. I saw a few people at the beginning look at her, but that was all to make it seem real. That guy did pick up her jacket and shoes but suddenly stopped and start talking to another group of guys. What group of guys are going to stop while a chick is walking down the street taking off her clothes? After that nobody even blink at her. At the 3:40 mark she stripped down to her bra and panties then passed several men and they didn't peep at her. Then she is walking BUTT NAKED in front of all type of people and not one look. Man that isn't real. That was either edited or staged.

But it is a very very very nice video. Hopefully Bee or Alicia will try to upstage this one. :D

Dude.
Every news agency has reported on this.
Even Dallas PD has commented on this being real.
How much more proof do you need?

In this day and age, how shocking is it for someone to get naked in public.
People get naked in a 70,000 seat stadium and streak across the field.
People get naked in mass for a photog to take group art photo'sx in New york and all over the world.
People release nude sex tapes of themselves and then act like it's the best thing in the world without shame.
That's the world you live in now.
People will do anything if it will draw attention to themselves and the public is not going to fugg with someone they think is off their rocker by doing this.

A woman in New york did this same gorilla type thing by stripping in a museum for photos in front of a shocked public about 4 months ago.
Nothing was done to her and nobody laid a hand on her in public.

The man in me disagree, but the parent in me totally feel you. But like I said before it is either edited or staged with actors. You best believe all those white folks with their kids out their would have called the police if this really happen. Especially in Dallas, TX. They would have been ready to lynched that black woman.

Thank you. It's about as staged as staged gets. All those white folx and not ONE cell phone call? :rolleyes: Plz.

This conservative area will call 911 if they see someone arguing. :| Just the way it is but obviously some live in areas that equate a jungle if they allow that type of behavior (advocating and allowing someone to walk butt naked down the street in public). lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I thought the video was about Groupthink. Because thats all she been talking about on twitter all month.

Seems like in the video she was leaving the "group" (her cloths and walking away) and when your views oppose the mass, you usually get killed for it. Hence the assassination. (as soon as she was nude).

That's pretty much what she just said. She's on 106 & Park right now.

Dude.
Every news agency has reported on this.
Even Dallas PD has commented on this being real.
How much more proof do you need?

In this day and age, how shocking is it for someone to get naked in public.
People get naked in a 70,000 seat stadium and streak across the field.
People get naked in mass for a photog to take group art photo'sx in New york and all over the world.
People release nude sex tapes of themselves and then act like it's the best thing in the world without shame.
That's the world you live in now.
People will do anything if it will draw attention to themselves and the public is not going to fugg with someone they think is off their rocker by doing this.

A woman in New york did this same gorilla type thing by stripping in a museum for photos in front of a shocked public about 4 months ago.
Nothing was done to her and nobody laid a hand on her in public.

P, listen to yourself. You can't be serious??? The only reason the media is reporting this is BECAUSE SHE JUST RELEASED THE VIDEO. Why wasn't this reported when it apparently happen live in board daylight??? Man that would have been all on the news, web, and YouTube. Watch from the 3:40 mark. This damn woman is butt naked in the heart of a city. Los Angeles, Washington DC, and Chicago is as liberal as you can get and her butt would've been locked up with the quickness. Yet nobody in Dallas, TX even thought about calling the police on a naked woman walking the street. Man please...................

Somebody did call the police on that woman in NY and she was initially arrested. I remember reading about that story when it first happen. Somebody getting butt naked in public is not normal. I don't care what world or year we're living in.

Last edited:
Thank you. It's about as staged as staged gets. All those white folx and not ONE cell phone call? :rolleyes: Plz.

This conservative area will call 911 if they see someone arguing. :| Just the way it is but obviously some live in areas that equate a jungle if they allow that type of behavior (advocating and allowing someone to walk butt naked down the street in public). lol

I know. It amazing all these folks on here think this was done in board day light. :lol:

Y'all can say what y'all want about Badu but the critcs submitted their ratings for her new album last week and all I saw was daymn near perfect ratings. All she needed was some type of shoke factor to put it over the top. She said that the video was shot gorilla style in one take. I don't see nothing wrong with it. Hell that new video with lady gaga and beyonce is worse than this one. On gaga's new video they have homosexuality and murdering mass people...

I know. It amazing all these folks on here think this was done in board day light. :lol:

Well just remember what school is located downtown-her (and my) old high school Booker T. Who is to say that weren't Booker T kids and parents in the background. She has done photoshoots at the school before.

Remember there is a lot of stuff they film here in Dallas in broad day light and folks don't react to it. They filmed a Texas Lottery ad with "money" getting tossed around and folks that weren't in teh ad were just walking by not reacting to it.

Dallas pd received phone calls about it but Dallas pd ain't pressing charges.

The backlash they would get from the public would be too much. They can arrest her for that but not kids that caused a mna to have a heart attack and die in the street? When you konw who they are? They got bigger fish to fry than her.

Here is the group and video that inspired Badu to do that video. She pretty much copied what that did. Watch how the people on the street react to them. Now this looks like the real deal. The is NY of all places. No where in America folks will look at this as being normal.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJkymylTNU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJkymylTNU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back