Electrical Engineering: Tryin to help a lil cousin out with deciding a college major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Electircal Engineering: Tryin to help a lil cousin out with deciding a college ma

I'm sure. :lol:

The question remains, why would your company pay for you to get the same degree? Don't say for a write off. Are they sending the accountants back to school to get a second accounting bachelors - for a write off?

:lol:
They also paid for a air condition certificate from drake state. I don't do that either. Before the economy tanked, they paid for basket weaving. So what was your point again? :lol:

Re: Electircal Engineering: Tryin to help a lil cousin out with deciding a college ma

They also paid for a air condition certificate from drake state. I don't do that either. Before the economy tanked, they paid for basket weaving. So what was your point again? :lol:

That I doubt they paid for a second basket weaving degree when a person already has one basket weaving degree.

The reason you got the EE degree was because EE and EET are not the same.

:nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

That I doubt they paid for a second basket weaving degree when a person already has one basket weaving degree.

The reason you got the EE degree was because EE and EET are not the same.

:nod:

See the thing is I know you like to prove points. I like to make you prove that point. :lol:

LOL I remember folks getting CHL training, motorcycle safety classes, one cat was in law school. LOL

Must be a SU and a PV thing because that was the impression I had about Engr at SU in the 80's.

Now, let all the EE's say AWWWW!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....lol

I'm sure. :lol:

The question remains, why would your company pay for you to get the same degree? Don't say for a write off. Are they sending the accountants back to school to get a second accounting bachelors - for a write off?

Damn good point..

I said that earlier..
WHy would a school have both programs if they were the same.. that would be waisting money and in these hard times EET program would have to go if this was true.. we both know it's not though..

The programs are not the same, however many companies will hire folks with either degree to do the same job.

Some of those same companies ask for either Physics, Engineering, or Math degrees for the same position. Different majors, same job.

My boy who has a Civil Engineering degree does wiring design for one of the companies we mentioned in this thread because he had certain skills that were needed for the job.

Man you just like dude, love to prove points. :lol: Of course it has been stated through out the thread that one is a theory based program and the other is an applied based program, but in your haste to prove a point you couldn't comprehend that. :lol: Bottom line both can become registared professional engineers, so what ws your point again? I also noticed none of cats ever stated whether you passed the EIT or PE test.
Damn good point..

I said that earlier..
WHy would a school have both programs if they were the same.. that would be waisting money and in these hard times EET program would have to go if this was true.. we both know it's not though..

Aye bruh, have you noticed none of them admit that fact? :lol: They just wanna prove that ole theory my degree is better than yours. Ifthey both produce you a job that pays the same, why make a big deal over it. These cats just like to make themseleves look good. :lol:
The programs are not the same, however many companies will hire folks with either degree to do the same job.

Some of those same companies ask for either Physics, Engineering, or Math degrees for the same position. Different majors, same job.

My boy who has a Civil Engineering degree does wiring design for one of the companies we mentioned in this thread because he had certain skills that were needed for the job.

Cee, bruh, you have to know that some of these jokas be letting their @$$ talk for them, so they dont mind making an @$$ of themselves.

Cee, bruh, you have to know that some of these jokas be letting their @$$ talk for them, so they dont mind making an @$$ of themselves.

:lol: So true. :lol:

Aye bruh, have you noticed none of them admit that fact? :lol: They just wanna prove that ole theory my degree is better than yours. Ifthey both produce you a job that pays the same, why make a big deal over it. These cats just like to make themseleves look good. :lol:

Are you serious?! This has been said over and over again. You the one that LOVE proving a point Cee.

Hell my job is full of EE's doing ME jobs. Hell I am one of them....

But the FACT is EETs are SOMETIMES hired to do the same job as EE and inthe private sector they will be paid less for it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

True, and sometimes EE's are paid less to do the same job EET's do. :lol: The white boys with EET's and MET's have no problem getting paid. I just keep it real. Like I said yes when you want a consultant you get you a EE that is a fact. His degree is theory based. When you want someone to do a job that requires applied principles with engineering knowledge you get you a EET or EE.
Are you serious?! This has been said over and over again. You the one that LOVE proving a point Cee.

Hell my job is full of EE's doing ME jobs. Hell I am one of them....

But the FACT is EETs are SOMETIMES hired to do the same job as EE and inthe private sector they will be paid less for it.

Exhibit B ^^^^^^^^^^

This midget has no business in a Engineering thread.. where you get your shytty degree from again and what is it in ?!?! What I thought.. march your midget azz out of here.. You have nothing to offer this here thread.

True, and sometimes EE's are paid less to do the same job EET's do. :lol: The white boys with EET's and MET's have know problem getting paid. I just keep it real. Like I said yes when you want a consultant you get you a EE that is a fact. His degree is theory based. When you want someone to do a job that requires applied principles with engineering knowledge you get you a EET or EE.

I'm starting to question if you have an EE degree man...lol

Name one company that pays EETs MORE than EEs with the same amount of experience

Name one company that pays EETs MORE than EEs..

Come now bruh, there are folks who don't have degrees who get paid more than folks who don't. :lol: I ain't gotta lie to kick it now. :lol: Also you do know that, well I can't speak for SU or PV, but at AAMU most EET's are either software programmers or network folks. I program in Java/C++/Pearl/SQL/ADA/Unix/Linux. I am a software engineer. :lecture:

WTF is this shyt..."Industrial Tech".. I guess he was too dumb to go into Civil Engineering

Now CEE .. yea Im on some my shyt is beeter than this BULL..

Name one company that pays EETs MORE than EEs with the same amount of experience

Man it happens. Once you get in the door anything can happen. You have to negotiate, AND you have to perform to move up in the ranks.

I know there's no convincing you otherwise though.

Come now bruh, there are folks who don't have degrees who get paid more than folks who don't. :lol: I ain't gotta lie to kick it now. :lol: Also you do know that, well I can't speak for SU or PV, but at AAMU most EET's are either software programmers or network folks. I program in Java/C++/Pearl/SQL/ADA/Unix/Linux. I am a software engineer. :lecture:

I thought we were talking about REAL comparisons..
I know they have DYt folk hook-ups where folk are getting paid more who don't have degrees but been with the company for a long time.. Which we both know is some bull...

That an issue Obama can speak out against! Since he is against big businesses

:tup:

Man it happens. Once you get in the door anything can happen. You have to negotiate, AND you have to perform to move up in the ranks.

Right. It depends on your skill. That is why I program. My first and second job was writing interfaces for hardware. Went back to school took classes and it was history. Having a electrical background knowledge along with a software skill makes me more useful than someone with just a EE. Not only can I design the hardware interface, I can write my on code for it. :lecture: Not only can I program and design, I can wire, wire wrap, solder, create my on circuit board and put the whole system together along with integrating the system. Guss that is why I am paid. :tup:

Last edited:

Well J4L I know that... I am talking starting salaries.... I know once you get in.. It's all about who you butter up to... It's that way over here to an extent...

And where you saw me disagree with that to where you feel I couldnt be convinced otherwise?

That applies with 2 EE's, ME and EE all the same... I been here 10 years I done seen a lot over them years in the industry..

Point is.. More EEs get hired then EETs... That's the only point I am making..

Last edited:

:lol: @ BB!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back