Electrical Engineering: Tryin to help a lil cousin out with deciding a college major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Electircal Engineering: Tryin to help a lil cousin out with deciding a college ma

Where I work.. there are NO METs or EETs... You don't have the full story.. nor do me or SS.. we know what we are experiencing.

And when I was at SU.. a few EET s did land jobs.. Majority of them did not! I know some that have taken jobs as electricians. And when many companies came to recruit there were companies that wanted EE, ME and CE and turned away EETs.. why? I have no idea.

And cut the bullshyt...lmao You wasn't waiting on J4L.. you was waiting on ANYbody that would agree with you ..

Honestly, when I was at PV there was a clear distinction between Engineering majors and Engineering Tech majors. It didn't really apply to computer engineering tech, but MET's and EET's were viewed as those who didn't have what it took to be ME's and EE's. Most companies came to the yard for engineering majors.

Re: Electircal Engineering: Tryin to help a lil cousin out with deciding a college ma

Honestly, when I was at PV there was a clear distinction between Engineering majors and Engineering Tech majors. It didn't really apply to computer engineering tech, but MET's and EET's were viewed as those who didn't have what it took to be ME's and EE's. Most companies came to the yard for engineering majors.

Stop telling the truth bruh... lol

It was the same at SU.. but we don't know what we are talking about...

The only point I am making.. from looking at a good bit of friends who went into EET who weren't able to land jobs in their fields.. I think it only made sense to take the few additional classes to get an EE degree... EE were more heavily recruited than EETs.. I used to hear the disgust from the EETs all the time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Technology or full engineering.

Y'all see that?

Cee, knows there is a difference and has been lying his ass off the whole thread.

Yes, EETs can get a job. That's not the point here. The degrees are not the same and are treated differently in the marketplace.

lol

Technology or full engineering.

Y'all see that?

Cee, knows there is a difference and has been lying his ass off the whole thread.

Yes, EETs can get a job. That's not the point here. The degrees are not the same and are treated differently in the marketplace.

I tell yall what, let's put 10k on it. Fyck the bull shyt. Let't put your money where your mouth is. I posted a job req, yall do the same. Stop trying to look good and get at this money big shots. come on now.let us talk real money. I got 20 k on it

I tell yall what, let's put 10k on it. Fyck the bull shyt. Let't put your money where your mouth is. I posted a job req, yall do the same. Stop trying to look good and get at this money big shots. come on now.let us talk real money. I got 20 k on it

20k is chump change to some of us CEE... quit trying to lose your life savings...lol

Last edited:

20k is chump change to some of us CEE... quit trying to lose you life savings...lol

:lol:

Tell him.

Cee, I hire engineers. You have an engineering job. Let's not play that game. Okay?

Tell him.

Cee, I hire engineers. You have an engineering job. Let's not play that game. Okay?

You have to excuse Cee. I believe he just got his tax refund deposit in his account a few days ago... He don't know how to act now...

Tell him.

Oh so you hire engineers? What type of work?

Construction. We use civil engineers.
So what do I do then? So me and the other cats on this board I work with are technicians? Man you funny.

20k is chump change to some of us CEE... quit trying to lose your life savings...lol
J, I posted a link and req. Stop fronting and post a req or shut up

So what do I do then? So me and the other cats on this board I work with are technicians? Man you funny.

Ride your lie until the wheels fall off?

The wheels have fallen off, Cee.

Let it go.

lol

TP, if you're half-way serious, for me, I try to promote the youngers to enter the programming/appl devl/compsci/propeller-head sector. There's still a major need, if you have and nourish those skills. :tup: Just an fyi...

lol

TP, if you're half-way serious, for me, I try to promote the youngers to enter the programming/appl devl/compsci/propeller-head sector. There's still a major need, if you have and nourish those skills. :tup: Just an fyi...

It takes a special kind of cat to want to sit down and write code all day.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

It takes a special kind of cat to want to sit down and write code all day.

I don't know how to take that. :emlaugh:

It's challenging and what makes it even more challenging is when one can perform @ a whims notice on any host platform utilizing any host language (several upon several) to achieve whatever objective (reqmts) were set forth. :confused: There was a study done a few recent ago and it attempted to reconcile the actual # of NCSL (non-commented source lines) an actual "programmer" would write on a daily basis 5 days per week. The # came out to be, on avg, of 57. :confused: Is that true? lol I don't know. I've seen't the time I'd cranked out 4K-5K (obj based) for my primary job in a week working ~60hrs and then went to the crib and cranked out another 2.5K-3K doing stuff on the side as a special favor over a w/e. :read:

I guess I look the viability of the position over. You'll always be viable because you're flexible. Never an expert @ any singleton but very good and prolly great @ a large # of things. :tup: That'll keep one employed or contracted out. And, we don't sit down all day and program all day. lol

Must be a SU and a PV thing because that was the impression I had about Engr at SU in the 80's.

Now, let all the EE's say AWWWW!!!

Ride your lie until the wheels fall off?

The wheels have fallen off, Cee.

Let it go.

Post a req then hiring manager. I did, where is yours at? Prove it.

Also while you folks in here downing technology majors at your HBCU, it shows why your grad rates are low. It also shows your university is failing their students if they can't get jobs. PWC's such as Ga SU, Southern Tech, Purdue, Indiana St and I can go on get their technology students jobs. Why can't your school?

He deals with civil engineers. How many CET programs do you know of?
AAMU had one. Most CET was changed to Construction Management degrees by the ABET in 2000

Also while you folks in here downing technology majors at your HBCU, it shows why your grad rates are low. It also shows your university is failing their students if they can't get jobs. PWC's such as Ga SU, Southern Tech, Purdue, Indiana St and I can go on get their technology students jobs. Why can't your school?

Nobody is downing HBCUs or technology majors. I'm just pointing out there's a difference between technology and engineering majors and the jobs and pay they can expect after graduation.

You're insisting that jobs and pay are the same and they're not. You may find a few random exceptions, but as a general rule they are not the same thing nor are they treated the same.

Both of those are lies. I have a BS in EET, a MS in EET and a BS in EE. I designed, tested ,and wrote software as an Engineer before I went back and got my EE. Yes the classes start of different, but they all end the same. Many of my co-workers have EET and MET degrees. I have five of them on this board.

I just thought about something:

If an EET and an EE are the same thing ... why is it necessary for you to have both?

If your EET was good enough, why did you need to go get an EE later? Are you saying you got the same degree twice?

:confused:

I just thought about something:

If an EET and an EE are the same thing ... why is it necessary for you to have both?

If your EET was good enough, why did you need to go get an EE later? Are you saying you got the same degree twice?

:confused:

Once again trying to prove a point. I did not get it for a job. I got it because the company paid for it and school is a write off. Six figures ain't knew to me.

Once again trying to prove a point. I did not get it for a job. I got it because the company paid for it and school is a write off. Six figures ain't knew to me.

I'm sure. :lol:

The question remains, why would your company pay for you to get the same degree? Don't say for a write off. Are they sending the accountants back to school to get a second accounting bachelors - for a write off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back