eating habits and workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was initially hesitant to try the elliptical when I first joined a gym, but now I love it. Its easier on your joints (I have bursitis involving rt knee) and I sweat more on that thing and burn more calories than I ever did in the same amount of time on a treadmill. You can also vary programs also. Try it, you may like it.

I was initially hesitant to try the elliptical when I first joined a gym, but now I love it. Its easier on your joints (I have bursitis involving rt knee) and I sweat more on that thing and burn more calories than I ever did in the same amount of time on a treadmill. You can also vary programs also. Try it, you may like it.

I can't do the treadmill at all. In fact, my doctor told me to not use it as it is not good for my knees. The constant impact, she said, is too jarring. My favorite machine is the stairmaster. I use that at least 2-3 times per week for 20-30 minutes at a time.

A few weeks ago I went to another gym and they had a summit trainer (basically a stairmaster on steriods!). That machine was killer! It was quite challenging, but well worth the workout. I wish my regular gym had one:

95li_fullproduct2.jpg

Personally, I'd rather not use any of these fancy machines...I find you get better results with simply using techniques the trainers give you. Everything I do with my trainer can be done in the comfort of my own home. AND, I get a full body workout. All the exercises are done on the floor, up against a wall, on the track and/or with weights.

Personally, I'd rather not use any of these fancy machines...I find you get better results with simply using techniques the trainers give you. Everything I do with my trainer can be done in the comfort of my own home. AND, I get a full body workout. All the exercises are done on the floor, up against a wall, on the track and/or with weights.

That's the route our trainer is taking, too. And she's GOOD!
Yesterday we did a series of push ups, sits ups, lunges and jogging in place. And then we ran laps around the Atrium.

On Monday during one exercise, she had us to sit down, immediately get up, jump, sit back down, immediately get back up, jump two times, sit all the way down, immediately get back up, jump three times and just keep going until we jumped about 10-12 times. After sitting and immediately jumping back up on the 3rd or 4th time, ohhhhh you felt the burn.

Clearly, no equipment was needed for any of those exercises.

That's the route our trainer is taking, too. And she's GOOD!
Yesterday we did a series of push ups, sits ups, lunges and jogging in place. And then we ran laps around the Atrium.

On Monday during one exercise, she had us to sit down, immediately get up, jump, sit back down, immediately get back up, jump two times, sit all the way down, immediately get back up, jump three times and just keep going until we jumped about 10-12 times. After sitting and immediately jumping back up on the 3rd or 4th time, ohhhhh you felt the burn.

Clearly, no equipment was needed for any of those exercises.
yes, those are the types of things we do as well...we do reps with weights and lots of squats. Girl, my entire body hurts today...:lol:

yes, those are the types of things we do as well...we do reps with weights and lots of squats. Girl, my entire body hurts today...:lol:

Something new hurts me every week with this trainer! :lol: She's good!!! She keeps our bodies surprised. I'm still a beginner on yoga but I THOUGHT I was pretty decent with holding planks. I guess not, because we held planks on Monday and did some twisting the abs holding the planks. I had muscles to ache that I have never ached before. They were in cool down mode after doing the planks, and I was still holding a fetal position from hurting from the those planks. :lmao:

Something new hurts me every week with this trainer! :lol: She's good!!! She keeps our bodies surprised. I'm still a beginner on yoga but I THOUGHT I was pretty decent with holding planks. I guess not, because we held planks on Monday and did some twisting the abs holding the planks. I had muscles to ache that I have never ached before. They were in cool down mode after doing the planks, and I was still holding a fetal position from hurting from the those planks. :lmao:
:lmao:

I've never held the planks, but I've only taken one Yoga class in my day...it was good though. That's some serious stretching going on, but it works. :nod:

:lmao:

I've never held the planks, but I've only taken one Yoga class in my day...it was good though. That's some serious stretching going on, but it works. :nod:

Girl, I was balled up like a newborn on that floor. She was dismissing the class, and I was STILL on the floor. :lol:

For me, working out at home is not going to happen. Personally, I get better results using the weights at the gym, integrating cardio, and running/walking.

The important thing is to know what works best for yourself and actually do it.

This is some frackle-nackle bull...I haven't lost narry a lb yet. The one I lost last week, I've gained back. How da hell can I reduce my calorie intake down to 1200 a day AND incorporate exercise into my lifestyle, then STILL not lose any inches off my waistline. :upset: I'm mad as hell...had I not already paid my loot, I'd quit this damn class. :tdown:

This is some frackle-nackle bull...I haven't lost narry a lb yet. The one I lost last week, I've gained back. How da hell can I reduce my calorie intake down to 1200 a day AND incorporate exercise into my lifestyle, then STILL not lose any inches off my waistline. :upset: I'm mad as hell...had I not already paid my loot, I'd quit this damn class. :tdown:

Normally when you start working out, your body starts to build up muscle so it can burn off extra energy. I haven't lost much weight, but I can start to see the difference physically, and I have to remind myself that this will take a while to get where I want to be.

I'm frustrated, JH...after I month, I should be seeing something. I'm going to continue exercising each week and just watch what I eat, but all these calorie restrictions are gonna have to go. Hell, I weigh the same thing eating how I want anyway. :smh:

Normally when you start working out, your body starts to build up muscle so it can burn off extra energy. I haven't lost much weight, but I can start to see the difference physically, and I have to remind myself that this will take a while to get where I want to be.

Is that what that is??? :confused: 'Cause I've gained two pounds but my body looks different (in a good way).

I'm frustrated, JH...after I month, I should be seeing something. I'm going to continue exercising each week and just watch what I eat, but all these calorie restrictions are gonna have to go. Hell, I weigh the same thing eating how I want anyway. :smh:

I understand how you feel, but if you keep it up, you will see results. Give it about a month and a half and you'll see. :)

Also, don't forget to get a good night's sleep in as well. The body needs to recharge, and in doing so, it is catching up to the exercise that you commit to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back