eating habits and workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps telling me to do the elliptical instead of the treadmill. Why is that? I am old skool. Been on the tread for ever, hard to give it up.

It is supposed to burn more calories but I say stick to what you enjoy. You will ultimately work harder and put in more effort on what you enjoy. I hate treadmills with passion.

It is supposed to burn more calories but I say stick to what you enjoy. You will ultimately work harder and put in more effort on what you enjoy. I hate treadmills with passion.
~Ditto~ On the treadmills

~walks out~

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I think they're a little easier on the joints as well.

Everyone keeps telling me to do the elliptical instead of the treadmill. Why is that? I am old skool. Been on the tread for ever, hard to give it up.

I think it is personal preference. I've never been a fan of the treadmill.

I prefer the stairmaster.

There's no way on God's green earth I'd ever be able to eat like that...I eat all day long. (high metabolism) I'm starting an 8-wk program here at my job on Monday, which will teach you how to lose weight by changing your eating habits and learning to ENJOY exercising. I already know I have 10 lbs to lose, so my work is cut out for me already.

I think it is personal preference. I've never been a fan of the treadmill.

I prefer the stairmaster.

....thats pretty much it.

Folks use what works best for them. There is no bad exercise equipment in this instance. I like to run, therefore the treadmill is right up my alley. I work out pretty much everyday now, for like an hour and a half(the most). I'm on the treadmill for like 35-45mins.(run 3 miles). On the treadmill, I burn on average around 450-500 calories in that time span.

I'm getting better with my eating habits; it is a struggle though. Ya boy be counting them calories now lol! I have cut out all sweets completely. All I drink is water now(with the exception of alcohol...I'm gone get my drank on lol). I snack on a lot of nuts and fruit. I eat a lot salads. Fish & chicken is pretty much the only meat I eat the majority of time.

"Snake"

Yeah, the elliptical machines are supposed to be easier on the joints while also increasing resistance. It's a great trade off, but it can get boring real fast.

I hate that machine...:tdown:

I can never seem to get my rhythm going and I always end up going faster than machine.....it looks and feel awkward.

I don't exercise much a whole lot. I just basically walk and watch what I eat. I lost 25 lbs in 6 months just by doing this and have basically kept it off for a year.

I am jealous of folks with high metabolism. My entire family is "big" so I am fighting against genetics.. I can't go more than 4 days without working out.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am jealous of folks with high metabolism. My entire family is "big" so I am fighting against genetics.. I can't go more than 4 days without working out.
:lol:

Half My fam is big and half is thin.....Thank God I got my youngest uncles Metabo! :lol: I gotta go to the gym to GAIN weight

~_________~

I am jealous of folks with high metabolism. My entire family is "big" so I am fighting against genetics..

:tup: And it is no disrespect to anyone, but that is why I am so against "weighty" people and foods... I have tried to get my parents to understand, but they do what they do... Does it have something to do with my pref. in women? Maybe, but I just like smaller, thinner women... Always have... But I have dated a mixture of a little of it all...

My motto: Eat to live, not live to eat!

:tup: And it is no disrespect to anyone, but that is why I am so against "weighty" people and foods... I have tried to get my parents to understand, but they do what they do... Does it have something to do with my pref. in women? Maybe, but I just like smaller, thinner women... Always have... But I have dated a mixture of a little of it all...

Nothing wrong with that. That's your preference.

But for just once (again), 'gon get you a big girl! :D

Oh, you don't want to have too a high of a metabolism. Boy, it sucks. Some times I feel I can eat non stop from now until 2020 and not gain a thing.

I hate that machine...:tdown:

I can never seem to get my rhythm going and I always end up going faster than machine.....it looks and feel awkward.

I don't exercise much a whole lot. I just basically walk and watch what I eat. I lost 25 lbs in 6 months just by doing this and have basically kept it off for a year.
That machine is hard as hell to use. I hate it too...I will get on it for a quick minute, then I'm off. :tdown:

Man,
I usually like amazon style women but I have a skinny-mini now. It is not the size that matters to me but the lifestyle. I am battling against genetics so I can't have someone trying to eat fried food and snacks all the time. There is not snack cake in my house right now or any cooking oil.

Since I work out so early in the AM, I don't eat prior to working out. If I do, it is a slice of toast w/ peanut butter.

The rest of the day, I spread my meals out making sure I never let myself get too hungry. It is then when I'll overeat.

My trainer told me I may be one of the one who don't need to eat anything cause I straight called earl yesterday. :smh: but I think my body hasn't adjusted to the crack of dawn high intensity workouts either. I'm gonna try toast with pb that you suggested, and see if that works out.

My trainer told me I may be one of the one who don't need to eat anything cause I straight called earl yesterday. :smh: but I think my body hasn't adjusted to the crack of dawn high intensity workouts either. I'm gonna try toast with pb that you suggested, and see if that works out.

Give that a try. It is not too heavy and may just what you need to get through an AM workout.

What did you eat that cause you to earl? Toast and PB is good or anything that your body will take as clean energy. Protein shakes are good also.

Give that a try. It is not too heavy and may just what you need to get through an AM workout.

I am going to try it out in the morning and see how it goes, thanx!

What did you eat that cause you to earl? Toast and PB is good or anything that your body will take as clean energy. Protein shakes are good also.

a few pieces of mango and a cup of soy milk. its my favorite fruit and had no idea it would have me :vomit: Trainer said it was the sugar in them. Told me to do a banana or half an apple, but hell that shit scared me away from fruit that early in the morning period. :lol: I can do protein shakes too, but still :scared: cause of the soy milk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back