Don't forget to watch CNN's special "Black In America" tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what it comes down to. Choices and accountability. It's just that we don't want to hold our young black men accountability for their actions.

But what about the ones that make good choices and are accountable? Thes show depressed the life out of me! It really showed blacks(men especially) to be nothing more than failures with the exceptions of a few high profiled men! The intent was good but after all of the research time put in and all you have to show is what was shoen, Wow! I guess!!!! Soledid(sp) could have went to many other people in Little Rock and had more great stories!!! Like someone on said I could have shown more with less time and a smaller budget! I'm sick and tired of shows like this!!!! Look at it from a 15 year old black boy's perspective: What was encouraging within that show and what could he relate to it? A hip-hop class after school??? NOT!

Nice attempt but do better next time!!!

I thought both shows were quite interesting...nothing new to me, but interesting, to say the least.

I also think the comments in this thread are very interesting.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
But what about the ones that make good choices and are accountable? Thes show depressed the life out of me! It really showed blacks(men especially) to be nothing more than failures with the exceptions of a few high profiled men! The intent was good but after all of the research time put in and all you have to show is what was shoen, Wow! I guess!!!! Soledid(sp) could have went to many other people in Little Rock and had more great stories!!! Like someone on said I could have shown more with less time and a smaller budget! I'm sick and tired of shows like this!!!! Look at it from a 15 year old black boy's perspective: What was encouraging within that show and what could he relate to it? A hip-hop class after school??? NOT!

I understand, but if you did a black show or special showing young black men doing right, how many of us would watch? How many of those 15 year olds would care or believe it?
In fact how many of their parents will believe it?

You have to reach these kids BEFORE the age of 15 and before they get into middle school. That is where we are losing our boys. That is where we start splitting nerds from jocks in middle school. Suddenly like nerdy Arjay isn't so cute making straight A's in middle school. Now it's all about sports jock Carmelo or rapping Deandre or thug TI that everyone is looking at. These are the kids that are messing up many of our schools now. White foilk will get Arjay and good luck in getting him to give back to the hood that has turned their back on him. Carmelo, Deandre & TI are forever protected now by the hood. If they fail it's everyone else's fault but them.

When you try to do right you make more enemies, you have black folk that like how things are. They have someone to blame for everything and built in excuses on not trying.

Speaking of "Black in America", my girlfriend and I met Micheal Eric Dyson tonight at the Jill Scott concert. He was only couple of seats over from us. He seems friendly and down to earth.

Speaking of "Black in America", my girlfriend and I met Micheal Eric Dyson tonight at the Jill Scott concert. He was only couple of seats over from us. He seems friendly and down to earth.

I saw him about two months ago in line at Chick-fil-a in Bowie. He looks a lot smaller in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back