Did Baton Rouge Cops Kill an Unarmed Man?

I should have been more clear with my post, as you are not the only person I have had that conversation with, and this is not the only medium where it has taken place. I was speaking generally, and not specifically in response to your post (even though that's how it appears here, and in the message board world, perception is reality), as many people who I have been speaking to were saying this. My apologies to you...:)

Again, no need to apologize. You may have posted generally, but you specifically quoted my post, which I took to mean that your response was directed at me & my earlier responses.

I've been super busy here today at work, and I'm just now getting to take a gander at the internet. Lord, please, somebody please tell me that another Black man wasn't shot and killed by a white police officer? ANYBODY, please tell me this didn't happen again within a 72-hour time span?!?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I've been super busy here today at work, and I'm just now getting to take a gander at the internet. Lord, please, somebody please tell me that another Black man wasn't shot and killed by a white police officer? ANYBODY, please tell me this didn't happen again within a 72-hour time span?!?

Yes in Minnesota and to me it is worse because he had a concealed weapons permit and informed the officer that he was armed. Which means that he had no intentions what so ever of shooting are attempting to shoot the officer. If you tell an officer you are armed. I don't care what anyone says this was murder. To shoot and kill a man in front of his fiance and 4 year old. The man was still strapped in his seat belt..

Again, no need to apologize. You may have posted generally, but you specifically quoted my post, which I took to mean that your response was directed at me & my earlier responses.

Yes I did, and I replied that way because it felt like I was repeating myself over and over.... Didn't really hit me until I read your reply that was a totally different group of people that I had had the convo with. Again, my bad.

Na dude,

You should be aware how those folks are treated there and how black folks are treated here

Escalation or Escalational force, the 5 s'

Nothing superfluous about that statement, some military personal (branches) have to go through this process before they even can deal with the civilians overseas dude

dude your 4th amendment just got gutted, while you were cheering for Lebron

Look it up
Nah man. I'm not looking nada up because that's really none of my business and it's not in my profession's requirement, unless they naively want to include the new iPh8 into the equation. :D

I thought you used your passport, flew over there, saw first hand this treatment, and then returned here to report on the discrepancy. lol

Yes in Minnesota and to me it is worse because he had a concealed weapons permit and informed the officer that he was armed. Which means that he had no intentions what so ever of shooting are attempting to shoot the officer. If you tell an officer you are armed. I don't care what anyone says this was murder. To shoot and kill a man in front of his fiance and 4 year old. The man was still strapped in his seat belt..

One problem-the woman confessed to having weed in the car. Yes it is after she was handcuffed and posting on facebook. She just gave those cops's lawyer an out to justify killing that man. A man who seem to not have any criminal history.

There was a white cop here in Shreveport that was shot and killed by a black guy. They were looking for him for 2 weeks and found him on a back porch 20 yards from the scene drinking a beer. You would think he could have at least gone to Dallas or something. These are a lot of black cops who are being shot by black people. But we don’t get out and march about that, we don’t even care….only when white cops shoot black people we tweet the hell out of that.

That cop killer is rotting in jail as he should, isn't he? If he was acquitted, or better yet, not even charged, then you'd have a point.

That cop killer is rotting in jail as he should, isn't he? If he was acquitted, or better yet, not even charged, then you'd have a point.

Actually the shooter of officer Thomas La Valley has not been to trial yet. I doubt it, but there is at least a chance he could get acquitted. He was saying that black people are not shooting at white cops. But my point was that black people can and will shoot and kill all cops, and that was a case I knew off hand. Again please don’t put me in the race had nothing to do with, because I saying racism played a part in this tragedy. I’ve had run ins with the Baton Rouge police, my son has, my father, and grandfather. So I know firsthand racism played a part in it. I’m just saying if you know they will shoot you at the drop of a hat then don’t give them a reason. You are better off taking the ticket or warning and moving on. The system is not fair but you can still have some control to be alive in it.

Actually the shooter of officer Thomas La Valley has not been to trial yet. I doubt it, but there is at least a chance he could get acquitted. He was saying that black people are not shooting at white cops. But my point was that black people can and will shoot and kill all cops, and that was a case I knew off hand. Again please don’t put me in the race had nothing to do with, because I saying racism played a part in this tragedy. I’ve had run ins with the Baton Rouge police, my son has, my father, and grandfather. So I know firsthand racism played a part in it. I’m just saying if you know they will shoot you at the drop of a hat then don’t give them a reason. You are better off taking the ticket or warning and moving on. The system is not fair but you can still have some control to be alive in it.
You said Black people "don't care" and "won't march" in incidents where a Black man murders a cop. I was addressing why there isn't a need to.

The Minnesota shooting was much worse than the Baton Rouge shooting. The cops in Minnesota might actually face some charges.

One problem-the woman confessed to having weed in the car. Yes it is after she was handcuffed and posting on facebook. She just gave those cops's lawyer an out to justify killing that man. A man who seem to not have any criminal history.
So, having weed in the car is a killing offense now? The murderer did not know that when he shot Mr. Castille but he KNEW Mr. Castille had a concealed weapon because, per the girlfriend, he told the murderer he had one. And do not forget WHY he was stopped...for a broken tail light.

So, having weed in the car is a killing offense now? The murderer did not know that when he shot Mr. Castille but he KNEW Mr. Castille had a concealed weapon because, per the girlfriend, he told the murderer he had one. And do not forget WHY he was stopped...for a broken tail light.

I agree. Should not be a deadly force encounter. Still don't know how it got to that point, and there are always two sides to a story. But on first blush, this looks bad. The last part, I alluded to this earlier. A broken tail light is a valid stop, but rarely ticketed. It is an offense used often as a pretext stop, usually in high crime/drug areas, which often tend to be low income areas, which are disproportionately minority (a whole different topic altogether). Ultimately, I agree that absent any other factors, this stop should have never escalated like it did.

White cops will continue to kill black people then hide behind the "blue wall of silence"

Not all but some black cops are scared to say anything because they know white cops and higher-ups have all the power.

Last edited:
White cops will continue to kill black people then hide behind the "blue wall of silence"

Not all but some black cops are scared to say anything because they know white cops and higher-ups have all the power.
Exactly. One can change laws, but it's almost impossible to change a racist heart.

I agree. Should not be a deadly force encounter. Still don't know how it got to that point, and there are always two sides to a story. But on first blush, this looks bad. The last part, I alluded to this earlier. A broken tail light is a valid stop, but rarely ticketed. It is an offense used often as a pretext stop, usually in high crime/drug areas, which often tend to be low income areas, which are disproportionately minority (a whole different topic altogether). Ultimately, I agree that absent any other factors, this stop should have never escalated like it did.
SMH.....I do not own a gun.....never have but if my son gets killed for some bullshit just call me Jomo.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Another thing is there are too many scary cops on the street. You could hear the fear in that bastard's voice...his voice was shaking. If you are a punk (not homosexual) you need to find another job.

I considered law enforcement when I graduated high school but when I took a good look I decided against it because there would be some torn up sqad rooms (or whatever they call them). There is no way in HELL I could see this going on and be a silent partner. I am no bad ass or anything like it but I could not stand by and know unrighteous shit was happening and not do or say anything.

What Would Jesus Do?

Last edited:
My wife wants a gun now. I was one of those people who would immediately throw up "black on Black" crime as soon as a scenario like this came up, but you know what. Pookie is in jail for killing James. What it appears these two situations have, as well as others that have been discussed on this page, is that Ofc. Steven isn't going to trial for killing James. It a lot of cases, he isn't even being charged. That's the problem.

I heard a Hispanic officer on my way into work say it best. "He didn't sign up to get killed like the officers in Dallas. He also didn't sign up to be a part of a killing force. Until the criminal justice system views Ofc. Steven and Pookie the SAME way, we are going to have these problems.

As some dumbass former sheriff stated on Twitter, "This is Obama not using his words responsibly that caused the incident in Dallas." It couldn't be the mindset of stupid, individual people who hate other people or see them as a threat for some reason. Stupid motherfugga! This is the stupidity that we will have to fight along with the NRA, Trumps, and other people like them.

I think this country as a whole needs to be prescribed Ritalin, everyone seems so hyper! Democrats vs. Republicans, Blacks vs. Whites, Cops vs. Blacks, Blacks vs. Blacks, just too much hate in this country!

Considering what happened in Dallas last night, I'm always right. You don't need a book of scriptures to give you wisdom!

His position, so a position controls your humanity/soul now, man go somewhere, so you saying sell-out and remain quiet, when I produce the FACTS, he was the one talking about BS being spewed, and he's the main one spewing the BS when I gave him a stil shot with the dude's arm being pinned down..

Man wrong is wrong and right is right,

Dude if you know someone at your job, the same job you do has done a piss poor job, why not call them out and be real about the situation, instead of trying to make the situation not so bad,

Aye bruh, you can listen to dude spew his post on here, but I'ma call that BS out, he went at the @lioness with that f shat but he aint about to spew that BS towards me...

Check your private message box Bighead

Oh here you go,

She a cop and she giving her opinion, it tore her up...

She wanted to quit the shat was so bad, and we have this dude in here trying to say this and that about these situations..

Point out the ones that are wrong

Thank you for posting this. It takes real courage to speak out against wrong regarding anyone, but it takes a great deal more for an officer to verbalize wrong/misconduct of another officer. I pray that she won't become a target of "retribution" for her voice, nor will any harm come to her or her family at the hands of her fellow officer co-workers.

Back