Did Baton Rouge Cops Kill an Unarmed Man?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I just got home from working a double shift. I thought I was tired from that until my daughters told me about Mr. Alton Sterling, his murder & how he was murdered, and all that's going on in BR.....I feel so much anger now....

Killed......by the police.......shot in the head.....at point blank range.....while lying face down.....on the ground......in a position of submission

WOW....many questions on this one...

http://theadvocate.com/news/1631198...tal-shooting-of-suspect-on-north-foster-drive

The two parts I'm most interested to learn more info about are exactly what the officers perceived that led to the rapid escalation of this incident, and exactly what it was that made them discharge their firearm. Sadly, another case to watch closely.
They claim someone called the police because they saw a gun in Sterling's pocket. Sterling had his hands up, was tased, tackled them murdered. I don't blame Sterling for having a gun, one of his friends that sell CD's and movies was just robbed, according to his family.

fuck.

I mentally tired of this. Just makes me angry. I'm tired of seeing black men doing nothing killed by the police. I'm tired of seeing black over sentenced in the court.

Just angry right now.

I don't know why it's so hard for black people to realize Bull Connor and his likes set a path forward for this country decades ago. These folks genes live on and their mentality exist today. You have a the black man in office and white men are mad at every single black person in this country. You folks better wake up. This is the way your white neighbors and white co-workers feel about you also. If they could do what these cops are doing and get away with it they would also. All you black folks saying you aren't gonna vote and you don't like Hillary contribute to this by not voting. If Donald Trump wins this election be prepared for more of this. Do you think "Make America White again" isn't saying put you blacks in your place? Wake up!

I don't know why it's so hard for black people to realize Bull Connor and his likes set a path forward for this country decades ago. These folks genes live on and their mentality exist today. You have a the black man in office and white men are mad at every single black person in this country. You folks better wake up. This is the way your white neighbors and white co-workers feel about you also. If they could do what these cops are doing and get away with it they would also. All you black folks saying you aren't gonna vote and you don't like Hillary contribute to this by not voting. If Donald Trump wins this election be prepared for more of this. Do you think "Make America White again" isn't saying put you blacks in your place? Wake up!

+1

What is even sadder is that there are black folks who said this man should not have been out selling CDs. Get the fuck out of here with that cracker bullshit. I'm waiting for the 911 tape to show that someone actually called in.

Also, I want to know what type gun he had. If his fingerprints were on the gun. If they were not and only the cops prints are on the gun they ass should go to Angola!!!! Even if he did have a gun he never pulled it and was on the ground. They didn't have to shoot.

Hey he was selling CDs but a white boy can be found caught raping a woman.

WOW....many questions on this one...

http://theadvocate.com/news/1631198...tal-shooting-of-suspect-on-north-foster-drive

The two parts I'm most interested to learn more info about are exactly what the officers perceived that led to the rapid escalation of this incident, and exactly what it was that made them discharge their firearm. Sadly, another case to watch closely.
What would cause an officer to shoot a person they have PINNED on the ground on his BACK and his ARMS are at his SIDE?

What would cause an officer to shoot a person they have PINNED on the ground on his BACK and his ARMS are at his SIDE?

In fairness, you can't see the other hand. If the other hand was underneath him, it's not difficult to produce a weapon with it... But that is only dealing with possibilities and what ifs.

With that said, based on what I have read and seen so far, my biggest question is the tactics employed from the beginning. Still reserving my final analysis until more FACTS come out. But just from the one video circulating, it looks bad.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Black men...what are you gonna DO? How do you plan to mobilize to stop them from picking you off one by one?

First we have to educate our young men. One of the things I tell my boys is the world is not fair or right especially the legal system. Being black in America is one of the hardest things. I think many black folk attempt to give their kids a mickey mouse impression of the world. We have to tell them they can't do what others do because police these days will not give them a pass.

I could go out in a suit and tie but at the end of the day I'm still a n***a to a power hungry cop. We have some who post here who feel they have made it but a chicken shit racist cop does not give a shit how many degrees you have or what neighborhood you live in.

Next we have to hold our elected officials especially the black ones accountable. They are our voice whether they like it or not. If they are not willing to voice their anger and STAND BY IT to their white counterparts then they are just as bad as the cops in my book. I'm happy that the State Rep of that area asked for a federal investigation EARLY because waiting will only hinder the truth from coming out.

Another issue is that our black media reps need to force their bosses to ask the same questions we ask: why is it ok for a white boy to get an easy sentence after raping a woman, why is it that when a white person shoots up a theater they end up alive while a black man selling CDs or cigarettes ends up dead, why is it that when a white person kills police they are arrested when a black person does the same they damn near mobilize every law enforcement agency necessary to kill him/her.

We can march all day but until policies are in place to stop this all our marching is in vain. This is a systematic issue facing society with policies in place to further push this type of behavior. Moreover, Louisiana Legislators just voted on a law that if you attempt to hurt or injure a law enforcement officer or first responder it's also a hate crime (or something to that nature) but what about when police hurt one of us?

Was trying to add to my last reply but an error on the page stopped it, so I will post it here.

The selling of CDs in moot, IMO, although I believe it will be used as the rallying cry ("He was shot for selling CDs"). In reality, he was shot for resisting (which he clearly was), and for ALLEGEDLY reaching for a gun, which is OBVIOUSLYdebatable. I think the cops made a mistake, IMHO, by rushing in and forcing a physical confrontation when the whole call was a man with a gun. The ONLY caveat I have to that is that we don't see the moments right before the video to know how Exactly what happened in the moments leading up to what we saw. As the video begins, I can already hear a taser going off.

In my mind, that is the same type of issue from the Tamir Rice thing. If I am dispatched to a subject with a gun, time and distance are my friend. When you go rushing in, you (as the officer) create a confrontational situation that can end up with dire consequences. Same thing that got that rookie fired up in the Dallas area with the ex college football player at the car dealership.

Yep. They will not face any charges, at most maybe one of them may be fired. This will not stop and will continue and there is nothing that can be done to change it.

So, y'all gonna let them extinct you without even a fight for yourselves? You mean all these run the world dudes can't come together and figure out how they will force allowing themselves to live? Y'all don't plan to get together to see what politician you got to bribe to get laws changed or pool money for judges to pay off? All these black drug dealers need to come together and put some money behind some of these folks who change your lives....

Time to push for them to be fired...and if the chief can't do it, he needs to be fired also. Let a thousand black men show up and demand justice...powerful indeed.

So, y'all gonna let them extinct you without even a fight for yourselves? You mean all these run the world dudes can't come together and figure out how they will force allowing themselves to live? Y'all don't plan to get together to see what politician you got to bribe to get laws changed or pool money for judges to pay off? All these black drug dealers need to come together and put some money behind some of these folks who change your lives....

I went to a meeting ones concerning this issue and ended up being a "bash the cops meeting" with fake ass wanna change the world niggas talking shit rather than offering real conclusions.

What I hate most are the black folks who can make a difference scared because of how their white counterparts view them.

Time to push for them to be fired...and if the chief can't do it, he needs to be fired also. Let a thousand black men show up and demand justice...powerful indeed.

It wasn't a thousand but about 50 in Lincoln Parish and you can see the difference from the leadership on down. There are more minority cops here in leadership positions and the cops are actually communicating with people.

Proper leadership is the key.

One monkey shouldn't stop the whole show...

And since you got your foot in the door, time to slide in the hip and crack it wider open...you can't afford to give up, lay down or turn away...survival is at stake here...

Back