Deion Sanders to JSU? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach prime said of the 11 coaches FCS can have 8 have either played or coached in the NFL. Some he stated are still in the mist of a season. Not saying that makes them great as he said but there are other qualifications that they all meet.

JSU folks how do y’all feel about him splitting time as HS OC? I thought he’d be out recruiting or something. Maybe he’ll be bringing some of his current players with him.

“He will continue to serve as offensive coordinator at Trinity Christian High School in Dallas before moving to JSU full-time.”

JSU folks how do y’all feel about him splitting time as HS OC? I thought he’d be out recruiting or something. Maybe he’ll be bringing some of his current players with him.

“He will continue to serve as offensive coordinator at Trinity Christian High School in Dallas before moving to JSU full-time.”

Well the ath won't be on campus anytime soon. He will be recruiting and finish up at trinity. No problem.

Its to be expected. Hendrick contract expires in December

But that is just it...JSU will have a new scheme this year. Other teams will have had a few years in their schemes, which may mean that they have recruited the players with the specific skills to be effective in those schemes. JSU may have good players but not to run the offense Sanders brings in. Regardless of the players, JSU is starting over again, with all the uncertainty that brings.

It didn't affect us last year and I definitely don't expect it to affect us this year if the coordinators are who we are expecting. May take a few games to get rolling but good athletes will get it done.

Its to be expected. Hendrick contact expires in December
Happy as gleefully joyful AAMU alum dog81 getting poked in his booty by all of his esteemed univ of alabama football fans and supporters for this JSU hire.

Wish nothing but the best for JSU in the near future. The SWAC profile has been raised tremendously and hopefully this trend will continue.

I’m pulling for Deion to do well at JSU. Of course I want FAMU to beat him every time we step on the field, but I would like to see him be successful. That could be a good thing for all of HBCU football.

I also don’t wanna see his name getting spelled like “D*ion S*nders” or some ish...

I’m pulling for Deion to do well at JSU. Of course I want FAMU to beat him every time we step on the field, but I would like to see him be successful. That could be a good thing for all of HBCU football.

I also don’t wanna see his name getting spelled like “D*ion S*nders” or some ish...
Well, one media outlet already stated that he was getting hired at "Jacksonville" State.

Well, I want to see JSU and Sanders do well. Not against AAMU of course. Should he do well, yes it will be a good look for the SWAC.

On another note, it's be over 20 something years since I've resided in Memphis. When I first got here, SWAC peeps that I met and befriended had so much pride about their school, especially JSU Alumni. By the time James Bell came through, I never heard a peep of smack that I would usually hear from JSU folk. So glad to see the enthusiasm back. With FAMU & BCC joining the SWAC, may there be more classic games, classic smack, and class memories for us all.

Big name. Big time hire. I'd say the biggest name since Doug Williams. Good motivational speaker. I think the team will play hard for him. Honestly, I doubt that he'd leave after he's successful. He doesn't need to make a name for himself or prove himself (maybe as a coach) PLUS he doesn't need the money....If he sit's back and let's his coaches coach, man watch out.

Last edited:
Big name. Big time hire. I'd say the biggest name since Doug Williams. Good motivational speaker. I think the team will play hard for him. Honestly, I doubt that he'd leave after he's successful. He doesn't need to make a name for himself or prove himself (maybe as a coach) PLUS he doesn't need the money....If sit's back and let's his coaches coach, man watch out.
Man if Deion is successful at JSU he will garner attention and offers at larger programs with larger budgets. Making around $250,000 - $300,000 at JSU to making $2 - 3 million at a larger program is no comparison. A person that has good money could always have more. Not all, but most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back