Deion Sanders to JSU? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voice of Reason
Looks like Deion perhaps will be the new coach... Looks like details are being worked out!!! Only minor details remain!!!

@Voice of Reason,

Thanks for keeping it real, and congrats JSU! Branding, revenue, fundraising, recruiting, portal transfers and casual fan interest should all trend upward for your alma mater. Congratulations again to you, and the rest of the JSU family!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@Voice of Reason,

Thanks for keeping it real, and congrats JSU! Branding, revenue, fundraising, recruiting, portal transfers and casual fan interest should all trend upward for your alma mater. Congratulations again to you, and the rest of the JSU family!

Class. That’s how you support each other unlike you other fools wishing on our downfall lol either way, whether smack or friendly banter .... You still got THEE on your minds , and we thank you for being apart of the conversation.

dooley only get up for grambling to shove it to his former mentor lol .... long as they beat gramgram he’ll get an extension lol

Don't you know, we got a new sheriff in town and we want the return of our prodigal son for 2022.

You all are rough....lol You lost 3 conference games by a total of 13 points (a little over 4 points per game average).

But we beat them in the number of stupid arse penalties in all those games that gave up those extra points. LOL

You all are rough....lol You lost 3 conference games by a total of 13 points (a little over 4 points per game average).

Things winning programs say. Now go take a seat....running up in here being slick as you all prepare to drag us by the skull again.

I guess you don't know that USM has a black president.

In many instances, those types of schools have boosters/financial contributors that influence who is chosen as head football coaches. A black head football coach at a school like this is few and far between.....Unfortunately, the face of the university often is the head football coach (Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No. Has racism been a part of selecting head football coaches at PWI? More often than not).

Last edited:
Bruh I can barely wait until everything is released lol. Great job Ashley and JSU/99. Great got dang job gentlemen lol.

Will you own up to this excitement next year? Hendrix had the high expectations and unqualified support last year. Will he be given time to to make it work? He would start out behind three and possibly four (depend on how Ala State comes along) teams that are also on the upswing.

Will you own up to this excitement next year? Hendrix had the high expectations and unqualified support last year. Will he be given time to to make it work? He would start out behind three and possibly four (depend on how Ala State comes along) teams that are also on the upswing.

When have I ever not. The last coach I was behind was Comegy. The only thing Hendrick needed to do was hire a DC but he didn't. Did you see the JSU vs Aamu game last year? Just be happy the refs didn't give us that clear fumble on your last possession of the game. Lol everyone is on the upswing persay.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
..Unfortunately, the face of the university often is the head football coach

That is so true. For example, who is the head football coach at The University of Alabama? Now, who is the president of The University of Alabama? I know, who cares, right. Just saying.

Dude, just stop. PV always scares me. Glad they kept yall in the West.

Y'all worse than tRump trying to change the subject, we talking about my neighbor PrimeTime coming to the Sip, guess I need to ride across the bridge and ask him what's up

You know what? It all makes sense, he can come work at JSU, then moonlight in the offseason using his acting skills to make a cameo appearance on the next season of P-Valley

That is so true. For example, who is the head football coach at The University of Alabama? Now, who is the president of The University of Alabama? I know, who cares, right. Just saying.
See no response because noone agrees with this foolishness. Coach Sanders' character is not a question. He will be a great face of JSU. His presence will elevate the conference. When Coach Sanders moves on to FlSt. JSU will be a highly sought after job for coaches.

Please show me the flaw in his character. Show me the time he beat his wife up like the guy you supported Mike Heywood did.

See no response because noone agrees with this foolishness. Coach Sanders' character is not a question. He will be a great face of JSU. His presence will elevate the conference. When Coach Sanders moves on to FlSt. JSU will be a highly sought after job for coaches.

Please show me the flaw in his character. Show me the time he beat his wife up like the guy you supported Mike Heywood did.

Do you feel better now?????

When have I ever not. The last coach I was behind was Comegy. The only thing Hendrick needed to do was hire a DC but he didn't. Did you see the JSU vs Aamu game last year? Just be happy the refs didn't give us that clear fumble on your last possession of the game. Lol everyone is on the upswing persay.
Our defense was just terrible last year. Expect it to be substantially better, even if it is not totally good. But, if it is better, and our offense is just as good, or more efficient because the team understands the schemes better, we will be the team to beat. It is too much to expect Sanders to have an efficient offense competitive with the other established offenses coming into his first year.

How is Sanders going to be in total control of this team if he is required to keep some current assistant coaches who might not completely buy into his program? How is he going to feel if he is required to keep coaches he may not want and be prevented from hiring the ones he wants? Oh well, I'll be listening on the radio...I have no intention of being the stands.

Our defense was just terrible last year. Expect it to be substantially better, even if it is not totally good. But, if it is better, and our offense is just as good, or more efficient because the team understands the schemes better, we will be the team to beat. It is too much to expect Sanders to have an efficient offense competitive with the other established offenses coming into his first year.

How is Sanders going to be in total control of this team if he is required to keep some current assistant coaches who might not completely buy into his program? How is he going to feel if he is required to keep coaches he may not want and be prevented from hiring the ones he wants? Oh well, I'll be listening on the radio...I have no intention of being the stands.

Our defense was terrible too. Went from tops in the Swac to the bottom in one season. Our offense was full of freshmen backs with sophmores sprinkled all over and we were just as good in most games as others in year 1 of a new offensive system so its definitely not expecting too much with what we're bringing back offensively. Offensively we matched those who supposedly had the best offenses in the Swac (matched PV, Aamu, and SU in year 1).

Whoever the new coach is will definitely be in control. Only 2 coaches were held on staff for recruiting purposes and that is the Qb coach and OL coach whom were the best coaches from the previous staff and theeilove to the core. The new coach will have full control to bring in both coordinator positions (which is most important) as well as position coaches.

Our defense was terrible too. Went from tops in the Swac to the bottom in one season. Our offense was full of freshmen backs with sophmores sprinkled all over and we were just as good in most games as others in year 1 of a new offensive system so its definitely not expecting too much with what we're bringing back offensively. Offensively we matched those who supposedly had the best offenses in the Swac (matched PV, Aamu, and SU in year 1).

Whoever the new coach is will definitely be in control. Only 2 coaches were held on staff for recruiting purposes and that is the Qb coach and OL coach whom were the best coaches from the previous staff and theeilove to the core. The new coach will have full control to bring in both coordinator positions (which is most important) as well as position coaches.

But that is just it...JSU will have a new scheme this year. Other teams will have had a few years in their schemes, which may mean that they have recruited the players with the specific skills to be effective in those schemes. JSU may have good players but not to run the offense Sanders brings in. Regardless of the players, JSU is starting over again, with all the uncertainty that brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back