Deion Sanders didn’t know spring football players weren’t eligible for the NFL Draft

I am just here for the comments from the great people of Jackson Mississippi in
200.gif

BTW @Kenn Rashad shared this in the chat on the African Diaspora News channel it looks like they are going to talk about it in two hours but I have a feeling this wont be like your commentary.

View: https://youtu.be/y19fWgGXwb8

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@kenn you are dumb af.

Like truly.

I had to fast forward half the foolishness but can you provide some legislation that states a player who participated in the spring was NOT ELIGIBLE for the draft? Lance stated that he CHOSE to not play because if he did play and was drafted, he would have to leave the team and he didnt want that. I dont see why there couldnt have been exceptions for that and there probably were. HOWEVER, he never indicated that if if played, he could NOT be drafted. He was simply advised not to and that was a wise choice.

Also, you said it yourself, some are going to say, "well what Deion meant to say..."

Well, those people would be right. We all know that the PRIMARY POINT is that, of all the draft eligible HBCU players (are you saying there were none?), that from WHAT HE SAW there certainly should have been some kids drafted if not for the bias. He didn't see the draft eligible ones but MANY of them graded high in front of scouts and many of them had great college careers. No matter if he played them this spring, the POINT was that if he saw it this spring, certainly there were others prior that he didn't see.

This level of hate is beyond words. Yet, at this point, EXPECTED. Im being super nice so I dont get banned.

I still love you tho.

...I have something else to say but I wont say that. geez!

This is unnecessary propaganda smh. You are one of the people holding the knife Coach Prime was referencing. We can’t continue to accept mediocrity… the goal is not to sign as an undrafted free agent, but to get drafted. Prime’s point either went over your head or you just want to keep up mess. You can’t act like a professor and grade a tweet like a thesis. We all truly understand the point Prime was trying to make and it’s a great thing that he has a platform to bring attention to the issue.

I’m not sure why you and others hate Prime. The man is literally shining a light on HBCUs and our black athletes. Why not jump onboard the train and reap the benefits…. Hopefully some long lasting benefits even after Prime is gone. You never know, if you would have saw the vision rather than criticizing you may could have landed an interview with Prime. We will never know how big your platform and following could have grown… especially outside of the core HBCU Family if Prime had appeared/endorsed it.

This is unnecessary propaganda smh. You are one of the people holding the knife Coach Prime was referencing. We can’t continue to accept mediocrity… the goal is not to sign as an undrafted free agent, but to get drafted. Prime’s point either went over your head or you just want to keep up mess. You can’t act like a professor and grade a tweet like a thesis. We all truly understand the point Prime was trying to make and it’s a great thing that he has a platform to bring attention to the issue.

I’m not sure why you and others hate Prime. The man is literally shining a light on HBCUs and our black athletes. Why not jump onboard the train and reap the benefits…. Hopefully some long lasting benefits even after Prime is gone. You never know, if you would have saw the vision rather than criticizing you may could have landed an interview with Prime. We will never know how big your platform and following could have grown… especially outside of the core HBCU Family if Prime had appeared/endorsed it.
He hates Coach Prime and JSU because we didn't grant him an interview with Deion. Other HBCU outlets were able to get notoriety and increase their social media numbers because we did. But now he is blackballed because of foolishness like this so he mad.

Deion isn't necessarily "shining a light" on HBCUs. He's speaking about issues regarding HBCUs (that quite frankly have been a point of discussion on this and other HBCU platforms for years). Could Deion having an association with SWAC/JSU help? Sure. But let's not act like nobody else has done the work and put in the time to aid HBCU athletes and athletic programs, either. I think that's where a lot of the pushback comes from -- Deion's getting all the credit for things others have said and done who just aren't fortunate enough to have the platform he commands.

Deion isn't necessarily "shining a light" on HBCUs. He's speaking about issues regarding HBCUs (that quite frankly have been a point of discussion on this and other HBCU platforms for years). Could Deion having an association with SWAC/JSU help? Sure. But let's not act like nobody else has done the work and put in the time to aid HBCU athletes and athletic programs, either. I think that's where a lot of the pushback comes from -- Deion's getting all the credit for things others have said and done who just aren't fortunate enough to have the platform he commands.

You said all of that to basically say that Deion IS "shining a light" on HBCUs. Yall be trying sooooo hard to discredit coach Prime its comical 😆

You said all of that to basically say that Deion IS "shining a light" on HBCUs. Yall be trying sooooo hard to discredit coach Prime its comical 😆
He stays complaining.

Everything from how the playing field isn't level to having to do a postgame interview in a place he doesn't want to do them to what a Clarion-Ledger reporter wears on a Zoom. I guess that's "shining a light" on HBCUs to you.

He stays complaining.

Everything from how the playing field isn't level to having to do a postgame interview in a place he doesn't want to do them to what a Clarion-Ledger reporter wears on a Zoom. I guess that's "shining a light" on HBCUs to you.

No need to continue to prove my point. You'll only list things you feel will support your narrative. You should be a guest on the next live with Ken (none will get a view from me but it'll make for an entertaining topic lol).

This guy is the worst and most miserable person on Earth. He probably hate to look at himself in the mirror, cause his life has to be lower than grambling's 2020 football season. I'm gonna pray for him. But not that trashy ass school of his tho.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What have others done? Deion hasnt even been on the job OFFICIALLY 6 months and is tackling issues head on. Give him time to see what he can do. People been hating since Dec 1. No matter what OTHERS have done, they didnt get us off the bottom. Lets at least give Deion a chance to see if he can. The man aint God. Everything takes time.

What have others done? Deion hasnt even been on the job OFFICIALLY 6 months and is tackling issues head on. Give him time to see what he can do. People been hating since Dec 1. No matter what OTHERS have done, they didnt get us off the bottom. Lets at least give Deion a chance to see if he can. The man aint God. Everything takes time.
That’s the thing, y’all think we’re at “the bottom” when HBCUs as a whole have been far from it.

Last time I checked, it were HBCU conferences leading the FCS in attendance, getting more regular season games on actual TV than anyone else in the FCS and has a whole bowl game on ABC.
Dude, what they hell are you talking about?!?!?!? Everything you just said is in reference to US!!!! JSU!!!! And this conference, as well as MEAC, is STILL at the bottom of conferences when you look at the RPI and power rankings. What the hell are you talking about? What the hell school you went to?

Dude, what they hell are you talking about?!?!?!? Everything you just said is in reference to US!!!! JSU!!!! And this conference, as well as MEAC, is STILL at the bottom of conferences when you look at the RPI and power rankings. What the hell are you talking about? What the hell school you went to?
So is "US" gonna take credit for making dumbass football hire after dumbass football hire after dumbass football hire that brought the whole SWAC down before Deion dropped down from heaven to save y'all?

Back