Coronavirus Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WH is having another round of spreading the disease...

It's being reported that another one of 45's cabinet has tested positive for Covid. No one other than Ben Carson, is the latest victim of this disease.

It's being reported that another one of 45's cabinet has tested positive for Covid. No one other than Ben Carson, is the latest victim of this disease.
First Herman, now Ben. A picture paints a thousands words. mod.gif

1604950307638.png
Ben Carson with his wife Candy Carson at a MAGA rally in Waterford Township, Michigan, on Oct. 30.

First Herman, now Ben. A picture paints a thousands words. View attachment 10984

View attachment 10983
Ben Carson with his wife Candy Carson at a MAGA rally in Waterford Township, Michigan, on Oct. 30.

tenor.gif

Officials: Pennsylvania postal worker admits making up allegations of ballot tampering​

A postal worker in Erie, Pennsylvania, who claimed that a postmaster instructed workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day, has admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated his story, three people with knowledge of the matter told The Washington Post on Tuesday.

Richard Hopkins signed an affidavit saying he heard the supervisor make the order, which was made public by the right-wing group Project Veritas. President Trump has refused to concede the election, claiming there was widespread voter fraud, and his campaign provided Hopkins' affidavit to Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.). Graham then sent a letter to the Department of Justice and FBI regarding the allegations, demanding they launch an investigation.

Fauci’s forecast of when COVID-19 vaccination will be available to all Americans: ‘We’re talking probably by April’​

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and the leading government expert in infectious diseases for the past four decades, gave his estimate of when a vaccine will be available to all Americans: “We’re talking probably by April.” The veteran immunologist said frontline workers, those with pre-existing conditions, and vulnerable members of the population will be first in line.

But for those who wish to avail themselves of Pfizer and BioNTech’s vaccine, assuming it progresses smoothly, Fauci has a timeline. “I believe within the first quarter,” he told CNN’s Jake Tapper Wednesday. “We have a lot of people in this country who may not want to get vaccinated right away. That’s why were talking about this leading to the second or third quarter to get people convinced to get vaccinated.”

This is what that anti maskers dont want to hear!

'Our neighbors, our family members': Small-town hospitals overwhelmed by COVID-19 deaths
:popcorn:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/o...med-by-covid-19-deaths/ar-BB1b1Fu1?li=BBnb7Kz

In North Texas, Moore County Hospital District CEO Jeff Turner is managing more than his small rural hospital can handle.

The Dumas hospital has space and staff for 11 coronavirus patients, but only three who are really sick and need intensive care. When they need lifesaving therapies Turner's hospital can't provide, his staff tries to find open beds at larger hospitals in Amarillo, about 50 miles to the south.

When those hospitals are full, his staff scours for space, first in Midland, Wichita Falls and Lubbock, then in Dallas, Denver, Albuquerque, Oklahoma City – even Kansas City, Missouri, more than 500 miles away.

Some patients have died waiting for space at big-city hospitals. Six patients died in six days recently; two died within 24 hours last week.

You have to give the republican party credit, they are really good at messaging!
:clap:

People dont belive that Covid 19 is real, even as they are dying.
:snicker

South Dakota Nurse's Tweets About COVID Positive Patients Who Don't Believe in the Virus Go Viral

https://www.newsweek.com/south-dako...ients-who-dont-believe-virus-go-viral-1547727

Those who don't believe the coronavirus is real can still wind up catching it. That's something hospital workers have seen regularly throughout the pandemic and it's made an impact on them. Jodi Doering, a registered emergency room nurse from South Dakota, told folks online about patients who test positive and still deny that COVID is what's making them so ill.

Doering began her Twitter thread on Saturday, saying she had a night off from the hospital, but that COVID patients were still on her mind. "As I'm on my couch with my dog I can't help but think of the Covid patients the last few days," the nurse wrote.

"The ones that stick out are those who still don't believe the virus is real. The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is Going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm," she wrote. "They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff' because they don't have COVID because it's not real. Yes. This really happens."

The story of mRNA: How a once-dismissed idea became a leading technology in the Covid vaccine race​

ANDOVER, Mass. — The liquid that many hope could help end the Covid-19 pandemic is stored in a nondescript metal tank in a manufacturing complex owned by Pfizer, one of the world’s biggest drug companies. There is nothing remarkable about the container, which could fit in a walk-in closet, except that its contents could end up in the world’s first authorized Covid-19 vaccine.

Pfizer, a 171-year-old Fortune 500 powerhouse, has made a billion-dollar bet on that dream. So has a brash, young rival just 23 miles away in Cambridge, Mass. Moderna, a 10-year-old biotech company with billions in market valuation but no approved products, is racing forward with a vaccine of its own. Its new sprawling drug-making facility nearby is hiring workers at a fast clip in the hopes of making history — and a lot of money.

In many ways, the companies and their leaders couldn’t be more different. Pfizer, working with a little-known German biotech called BioNTech, has taken pains for much of the year to manage expectations. Moderna has made nearly as much news for its stream of upbeat press releases, executives’ stock sales, and spectacular rounds of funding as for its science.

You can deny coronavirus, but it does not care!
:tiptoe:

'We feel guilty for gathering': 15 members of an Arlington family got COVID after a family party
:no:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/h...arty/287-2db987ac-bf76-4193-91cf-5cc30c6691b5

“I plead for everybody to stay home,” said Alexa Aragonez, whose 57-year-old mother was hospitalized with COVID pneumonia.

ARLINGTON, Texas — It was just going to be a small, casual get-together - a Nov. 1 birthday party with fajitas and cake for a cousin of Alexa Aragonez.

Alexa didn’t attend, but she gave her 57-year-old mother a ride to the party.

A total of 12 members of the Aragonez family were there.

Within days, all of them had COVID.

“The entire family decided, 'OK, because a few of us are feeling ill, let’s all get tested,'” Alexa said. “A total of 15 tested positive.”

Three family members who didn’t attend the party were infected by those who did.

The sick included two children and Enriqueta Aragonez, Alexa’s mom.

“I went to my nephew’s house and loved seeing my family, but now I’m fighting against COVID-19,” Enriqueta said in a video she recorded on her phone from her hospital bed.

“Please protect yourself,” she pleaded.

We're celebrating Thanksgiving amid a pandemic. Here's how we did it in 1918 – and what happened next​

On Thanksgiving more than a century ago, many Americans were living under quarantines, and officials warned people to stay home for the holiday.​

Grace Hauck, USA TODAY
Nov. 22, 2020
More than 200,000 dead since March. Cities in lockdown. Vaccine trials underway.

And a holiday message, of sorts: "See that Thanksgiving celebrations are restricted as much as possible so as to prevent another flare-up."

It isn't the message of Thanksgiving 2020. It's the Thanksgiving Day notice that ran in the Omaha World Herald on Nov. 28, 1918, when Americans found themselves in a similar predicament to the millions now grappling with how to celebrate the holiday season amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"Every time I hear someone say these are unprecedented times, I say no, no, they're not," said Brittany Hutchinson, assistant curator at the Chicago History Museum. "They did this in 1918."

On Thanksgiving more than a century ago, many Americans, like today, lived under various phases of quarantines and face mask orders. Millions mourned loved ones. And health officials in many cities issued the same holiday warning: Stay home and stay safe.

Giving thanks for WWI victory, beating pandemic​

By late November 1918, the USA – in the midst of the suffrage movement, Jim Crow and the tail end of WWI – battled the ebbing second wave of the H1N1 influenza epidemic, also known as the Spanish flu.

The first cases were detected in the USA in March of that year, growing exponentially by the fall. In October, the virus burned through the nation. Dozens of cities implemented face mask orders and curfews and locked down for two to three weeks, temporarily closing schools, libraries, theaters, movie houses, dance halls, churches, ice cream parlors and soda shops. The virus killed about 195,000 Americans during October alone.

Last edited:

THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS

Ben Carson Says He Was 'Desperately Ill' With The Coronavirus​

November 20, 20206:05 PM ET
DUSTIN JONES
ap_20205710510929-84fdc7cb90c003855fa998abc6ba6b80c9f77fdd-s300-c85.jpg

Enlarge this image
Ben Carson, here in June, posted about his recovery from COVID-19 on Facebook on Friday.
Evan Vucci/AP
Ben Carson, secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, took to Facebook on Friday to report he has been "extremely sick" with the coronavirus. But Carson, one of several individuals in the Trump administration who recently contracted the virus, said the worst is behind him.
Carson said his initial symptoms were light, but then he became "desperately ill," and noted that he has "several co-morbidities" that played a role.
"President Trump was following my condition and cleared me for the monoclonal antibody therapy that he had previously received, which I am convinced saved my life," Carson wrote. He said he is now "out of the woods."

You have to give the republican party credit, they are really good at messaging!

"The ones that stick out are those who still don't believe the virus is real. The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is Going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm," she wrote. "They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff' because they don't have COVID because it's not real. Yes. This really happens."

I can verify that these things happen. I take 911 calls and we have Covid questions we have to ask to determine the level of PPE that our crews will wear when they go to peoples homes. The 1st question is "Are you (they) under the investigation for Covid19?", that's when they first start saying BOLDLY, "I don't have the coronovirus". We then have some other questions that goes toward the signs and symptoms of the virus and most of them end up answering yes to those and we then think in our heads "Yep, you got it" , but they still keep saying they don't have Covid. The denial of it is so strong. We have to keep a database on the addresses where we picked up a positive case of the virus because most of the time we end up going back to that address for another person that catches it. Most of our Senior Living complexes has it automatically flagged for all personel to wear Level II PPE when going to them.

I say why not let these folks kill them and their families. I heard one white guy say on the news he'd rather be dead than not see his family. Well if he dies he will guarantee that he never sees them again for a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back