Coronavirus Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't tell Kendrick that. He believed that they would just go away after the election like Trump believed the Corona would just disappear.

Don't be too hard on Kendrick. 😄 I like Kendrick. We do not always agree, but I like to read his perception on things.

I'm over 40 and high risk. I can't wait until I can get that vaccine. Damn what anyone says, i've been isolated since March. Get me out of this house.

Don't tell Kendrick that. He believed that they would just go away after the election like Trump believed the Corona would just disappear.

I didn't believe they would not go away. I said they'd go back to being who they were -- conservatives. And they haven't changed in that regard.

I don't think they ever stopped being conservatives. They are just not Trump conservatives, whatever the hell that is.
They just hate that racism and fascism is so brazen and embraced from the POTUS and his supporters. They want to go back to just plain old covert racism.

GREAT JOB BY THE SUPREMES!
:clap:

PACK THOSE CHURCHES, MOSQUES, TEMPLES AND HALLS!

U.S. Supreme Court sides with California churches in challenge to Gov. Newsom's ban on indoor services

https://www.djournal.com/news/natio...cle_ab53d98c-4586-523e-9a5f-336536ab0d72.html

The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday sided with two California church groups that are challenging Gov. Gavin Newsom's ban on indoor religious services during the latest COVID-19 surge.

“Today’s ruling by the Supreme Court provides great relief for churches and places of worship," Liberty Counsel founder and Chairman Mat Staver said of the ruling.

Liberty Counsel is representing Harvest Rock Church and Harvest International Ministry in their lawsuit against the state.

"The handwriting is now on the wall," Staver added. "The final days of Governor Gavin Newsom’s ‘color-coded executive edicts’ banning worship are numbered and coming to an end. It is past time to end these unconstitutional restrictions on places of worship.”

Justice Elena Kagan had given Newsom’s legal team until Saturday, and then until Monday, to respond to the churches' emergency petition. On Tuesday, the plaintiffs filed their final reply. And Thursday, the court granted the plaintiffs’ request for an injunction pending appeal.

"The application for injunctive relief, presented to Justice Kagan and by her referred to the Court, is treated as a petition for a writ of certiorari before judgment, and the petition is granted," the court said in its ruling. "The September 2 order of the United States District Court for the Central District of California is vacated, and the case is remanded to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit with instructions to remand to the District Court for further consideration ..."

So are you saying that anything conservative is racist?
The version of Trumpism is that the Lincoln Project and moderate conservatives have an issue with is that it empowered the extreme wing of the GOP and its surrogates. Trump is boorish. He's fundamentally a political and governing novice and functions too much in the way of chaos. His message and ideals have given the fringe -- the Qanons and the white nationalists of the world -- validity. At the end of the day, the traditionalists does not want to be associated with that.

The version of Trumpism is that the Lincoln Project and moderate conservatives have an issue with is that it empowered the extreme wing of the GOP and its surrogates. Trump is boorish. He's fundamentally a political and governing novice and functions too much in the way of chaos. His message and ideals have given the fringe -- the Qanons and the white nationalists of the world -- validity. At the end of the day, the traditionalists does not want to be associated with that.
Ok. I can see your point.

If they won't take it, why should the general public

If they won't take it, why should the general public

Now the truth comes out. ......well, sort of.

View: https://youtu.be/RU56HkrFNr4

Last edited:
I didnt go home for Christmas because my folks refused to take tests. Therefore, I refused to participate. Based off of the air traffic and what I see in my neighborhood, the numbers are going to be outrageous two weeks from now.

Fact check: Bell's palsy among COVID-19 trial participants likely unrelated to Pfizer vaccine​

"Four Pfizer vaccine volunteers (for COVID-19) develop Bell's palsy," claims a Dec. 12 Facebook post.

An explanation of Bell's palsy is later offered ("a condition that causes a weakness or paralysis of the muscles in the face"), and the post claims the side effect is being considered a " 'non-serious' reaction" despite the worrisome image included of three individuals with lopsided facial expressions.

Bell's palsy likely unrelated to vaccine​

On Dec. 10, the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research held the 162nd meeting of the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee to discuss the emergency use authorization of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.

A 53-page briefing noted that there had been four cases of Bell's palsy among the vaccinated group and none among the placebo group. Symptoms occurred at different time points: For one participant, the condition occurred three days post-vaccination but resolved within three days; for the other three, symptoms appeared at nine, 37 and 48 days following vaccination and lasted for about 10, 15 and 21 days, respectively.

Where Year Two of the Pandemic Will Take Us​

At the time, The Atlantic did not cover it. In the immediate aftermath, “it really disappeared from the public consciousness,” says Scott Knowles, a disaster historian at Drexel University. “It was swamped by World War I and then the Great Depression. All of that got crushed into one era.” An immense crisis can be lost amid the rush of history, and Knowles wonders if the fracturing of democratic norms or the economic woes that COVID-19 set off might not subsume the current pandemic. “I think we’re in this liminal moment of collectively deciding what we’re going to remember and what we’re going to forget,” says Martha Lincoln, a medical anthropologist at San Francisco State University.

The coronavirus pandemic ignited at the end of 2019 and blazed across 2020. Many countries repeatedly contained it. The United States did not. At least 19 million Americans have been infected. At least 326,000 have died. The first two surges, in the spring and summer, plateaued but never significantly subsided. The third and worst is still ongoing. In December, an average of 2,379 Americans have died every day of COVID-19—comparable to the 2,403 who died in Pearl Harbor and the 2,977 who died in the 9/11 attacks. The virus now has so much momentum that more infection and death are inevitable as the second full year of the pandemic begins. “There will be a whole lot of pain in the first quarter” of 2021, Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back