Coronavirus Thread 2

Please post and news of people going to these businesses!
:popcorn:

Trump tells Georgia governor he supports move to reopen despite public health experts' concerns, source says

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-pence-georgia-governor-brian-kemp/index.html

President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence both called Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Tuesday night and expressed support and praise for the Republican's move to reopen businesses in his state starting Friday, a source familiar with the call said.

The call came as public health officials warned that Kemp is moving too quickly, some business owners said they would keep their doors closed and mayors said they feared Kemp's action would deepen the coronavirus crisis in their communities.

Trump and Pence complimented Kemp on his performance as Georgia governor, the source said. Another person familiar with the call said it went well.
Kemp, a staunch ally of Trump, on Monday announced Georgia would allow nail salons, massage therapists, bowling alleys and gyms to open Friday. In-person church services can resume. And restaurants and movie theaters can open Monday. His order also bars cities from imposing their own restrictions on businesses.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Presently they are utilizing some HIV medications to test and see if they can battle COVID19. It is difficult for me because I lost a friend of mine a few weeks ago from COVID19 and my wife’s great uncle is suffering from it now. Her uncle was in a nursing home. Also my HIV doctor in New Orleans has not seen his wife or kids in person since March 15th because he is afraid to come home and expose them.

I simply want more social distancing and an extension to the stay at home order. The economy will recovery because once this is completely over with people will be out in droves spending money. Louisiana is a hotspot because it is a tourist location and was hit hard in the south and soon migrated north.

My wife is a nurse and I am extremely worried that one day she will call and say she can’t come home because of COVID19. Today was the first day that I read a a COVID19 thread because I am directly affected by it everyday.

It’s horrible but when these states open there will be a horrible second wave.

Presently they are utilizing some HIV medications to test and see if they can battle COVID19. It is difficult for me because I lost a friend of mine a few weeks ago from COVID19 and my wife’s great uncle is suffering from it now. Her uncle was in a nursing home. Also my HIV doctor in New Orleans has not seen his wife or kids in person since March 15th because he is afraid to come home and expose them.

I simply want more social distancing and an extension to the stay at home order. The economy will recovery because once this is completely over with people will be out in droves spending money. Louisiana is a hotspot because it is a tourist location and was hit hard in the south and soon migrated north.

My wife is a nurse and I am extremely worried that one day she will call and say she can’t come home because of COVID19. Today was the first day that I read a a COVID19 thread because I am directly affected by it everyday.

It’s horrible but when these states open there will be a horrible second wave.

Some people are not going to take this serious until it hits close to home.

Please post and news of people going to these businesses!

Trump tells Georgia governor he supports move to reopen despite public health experts' concerns, source says

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-pence-georgia-governor-brian-kemp/index.html

President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence both called Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Tuesday night and expressed support and praise for the Republican's move to reopen businesses in his state starting Friday, a source familiar with the call said.

The call came as public health officials warned that Kemp is moving too quickly, some business owners said they would keep their doors closed and mayors said they feared Kemp's action would deepen the coronavirus crisis in their communities.

Trump and Pence complimented Kemp on his performance as Georgia governor, the source said. Another person familiar with the call said it went well.
Kemp, a staunch ally of Trump, on Monday announced Georgia would allow nail salons, massage therapists, bowling alleys and gyms to open Friday. In-person church services can resume. And restaurants and movie theaters can open Monday. His order also bars cities from imposing their own restrictions on businesses.

Now dump Trump is back peddling on Kemp in public. We all know what he is saying in private though. Kemp & Trump as well as their supporters deserve one another....smh & lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tech companies pull back on hiring, flashing another grim warning sign for the U.S. economy

• Despite the massive shift to remote work and the surge in demand for certain online services, the tech industry has seen a widespread drawdown in job listings.
  • Jobs openings nationwide across the industry dropped more than 20 percent between mid-March and mid-April, according to analysts at Glassdoor.
  • The pullbacks have been especially acute among private e-commerce companies, according to Thinknum Alternative Data. Many software firms, on the other hand, have increased postings or kept hiring relatively steady.

HHS official plans to file whistleblower complaint over coronavirus drug pressure related to Trump and ouster
:clap:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/coronavirus-hhs-official-plans-to-file-whistleblower-complaint.html

A federal vaccine scientist who was ousted from leading an agency dealing with the Covid-19 outbreak will soon file a whistleblower complaint alleging retaliation for his resistance to promoting a coronavirus drug treatment touted by President Donald Trump, his lawyers said Thursday.

Rick Bright’s attorney’s also accused the Trump administration of making “demonstrably false statements” about Bright to deflect attention from the reason for his removal earlier this week as director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority.

The lawyers, Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, said that they would file formal complaints with both the federal Office of Special Counsel and the inspector general of the Health and Human Services Department over Bright’s forced transfer from BARDA. HHS oversees BARDA.

The complaints will detail “the retaliatory treatment to which he was subjected by HHS political leadership after raising appropriate science-based concerns about White House pressure on treatment and vaccines related to the COVID-19 pandemic,” the lawyers said in a prepared statement.

Where are y'all finding these masks? I don't have one. I ordered some, but they are not scheduled to arrive until late June or early July.
Ebay. I got some within three days from California.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2020/04/22/dallas-county-safer-at-home.html

Commissioner John Wiley Price said, “Don’t leave out barbershops. Barber and beauty shops.”

There was a heated discussion as commissioners debated and interrogated health experts on their rationale in delaying the opening of certain businesses.

"I’m talking about people and survival,” Price told the group.

Commissioner Price wants to open more non-essential businesses, like salons, that offer personal services.

Price explained, “You don’t want to talk about things that are very fundamental, in terms of trying to open communities that are the most hardest hit. Most severely economically impacted in terms of this community.”

Well, it pains me to say this, but it ain't just white people.

It's white folks fighting to keep Barber shops closed. While the blacks are not.

Back