Coronavirus Thread 2

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
trump-ran-out-of-toilet-paper.jpg

The chain restaurants are using the loop holes, keep the real small businesses from getting the loans.
:nono2:

Shake Shack plans to send back $10 million coronavirus stimulus loan

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...million-coronavirus-stimulus-loan/5163822002/

Shake Shack is sending back the money it received from the government's stimulus loans program aimed at saving small businesses ravaged by the coronavirus pandemic.

Shake Shack received $10 million in forgivable loans under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which kicked off on April 3. The plan was meant to help small businesses pay employees during the pandemic. The fund ran out of money on Thursday.

On Monday, the New York-based fast-food chain announced on Twitter that it's giving the money back, pointing followers to a statement on Linkedin from two of its lead executives.

Shake Shack CEO Randy Garutti and founder Danny Meyer said the company sought the loan because it was supposed to be open to all businesses with 500 or fewer employees. The criteria applies to the chain’s individual franchise locations.

“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.” - Mark Twain (and others)

Was This ‘Health Bulletin’ an Accurate Coronavirus Warning?

Poor, mostly minorities are dying from this virus, while non white people are being used to spread lies about the coronavirus through various communities. There are so many going around, I have received multiple versions of a particular note that came from as Chinese doctor, Japanese doctor or Taiwanese doctor - about keeping your throat moist and stomach acid killing the virus.
:crazy:

:no:
::)
. STOP BEING USED BY SOCIAL MEDIA!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nwllab-moh-bulletin-coronavirus/

Neither the printed email nor the viral Facebook message were official statements produced by any public health authority. The alert was apt to spread widely online precisely because it did not include any details about its supposed source, aside from mentioning a “Ministry of Health” in an unspecified country or region.

The message also contained erroneous advice, claiming that readers could avoid contracting the virus by “keeping your throat moist,” avoiding fried or spicy food, and taking vitamin-C supplements.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the so-called “novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)” outbreak is thought to have first been transmitted from animals to humans in Wuhan, Hubei Province, in China. Since then, it has spread from person to person. Previous coronaviruses like Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) have been transmitted between humans primarily through “respiratory droplets” ⁠— that is, coughs and sneezes.

Last edited:
The great 5G coronavirus conspiracy.
:popcorn:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...-g-networks-spreading-coronavirus/5148961002/

“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.”

- Mark Twain (and others)

Arsonists in the United Kingdom and across Europe are destroying cellphone towers. Vodafone says that 20 towers were attacked, including one serving a field hospital treating COVID-19 patients. The arsonists believe that 5G networks are helping spread coronavirus.

This conspiracy theory isn't the first one connected to either cellphone signals or COVID-19. But a lack of understanding of how the cellular system works, blended with the overall global panic of the pandemic, is gaining traction.

Conspiracy theories aren’t the only thing spreading like wildfire online right now. Cybercriminals are after your $1,200 stimulus payment, and they have a slew of clever tactics. Tap or click for 7 scams you need to be on the lookout for.

Some people are ready to latch on to virtually anything when it arrives in the social media feed of celebrities. Woody Harrelson (who holds a B.A. in Theater from Hanover College) shared a report with his 2 million Instagram followers that claimed “5G radiation” is “exacerbating” the spread of the coronavirus.

Really good protesters in Pennsylvania, they need more protesters! No masks - no social distancing! A great day in the commonwealth!

The Koch brothers, Friends of DeVos and 2nd amendments people are doing a great job of whipping the agent oranges into a frenzy!
:clap:

Wait 3 weeks!
:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
My homeboy is a coach at Marshall but he played at USL so he's not necessarily pushing HBCU. One of the Athletic Trainers is a former Jukebox member.

I do know one parent who was interested in sending her son to an HBCU from SC but the kid was committed to a service academy with Congressional letter in hand.
I will not be going back to school this year-Governor Abbott closed EVERYONE down for the rest of the school year. Public, private and college.

State parks in Texas will re-open.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/17/texas-reopening-greg-abbott-coronavirus/

I'm in the same boat. Is your district still doing distance learning? HISD is, but my district back home, East Baton Rouge Parish, appeared to have only started recently and they were closed long before Texas schools were.

Here are the largest public companies taking payroll loans meant for small businesses
:tiptoe:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/lar...re-taking-small-businesses-payroll-loans.html

Hundreds of millions of dollars of Paycheck Protection Program funds have been claimed by large, publicly traded companies.
In fact, the U.S. government has allocated at least $243.4 million of the total $349 billion to publicly traded companies, according to Morgan Stanley.
Several of the companies have market values well in excess of $100 million, including DMC Global, Wave Life Sciences and Fiesta Restaurant Group.

Hundreds of millions of dollars of Paycheck Protection Program emergency funding has been claimed by large, publicly traded companies, new research published by Morgan Stanley shows.

In fact, the U.S. government has allocated at least $243.4 million of the total $349 billion to publicly traded companies, the firm said.

The PPP was designed to help the nation’s smallest, mom-and-pop shops keep employees on payroll and prevent mass layoffs across the country amid the coronavirus pandemic.

LOCK HIM UP!
:snicker

Defiant Louisiana pastor arrested over coronavirus protest

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory...d=clicksource_4380645_10_heads_posts_card_hed

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Louisiana authorities arrested a pastor on an assault charge on Tuesday after he admitted that he drove his church bus toward a man who has been protesting his decision to hold mass gatherings in defiance of public health orders during the coronavirus pandemic.

The police department in Central, a suburb of the capital of Baton Rouge, said on a posting on their Facebook page that Tony Spell, the pastor of Life Tabernacle Church, turned himself into the department and was arrested on charges of aggravated assault and improper backing. Officials said Spell also had outstanding traffic tickets.

Spell was taken to the East Baton Rouge Parish prison, where about 70 of his parishioners, dressed in their Sunday best, arrived in church buses to show support.

I'm in the same boat. Is your district still doing distance learning? HISD is, but my district back home, East Baton Rouge Parish, appeared to have only started recently and they were closed long before Texas schools were.

Dallas has since march 23th. I heard Arlington ISD started last week and they were closed since march 6th.

Agent orangers, get out there and support those business, sacrafice your life for the cause!
Do your duty for your god ao.

Dan Patrick says 'there are more important things than living' in defense of coronavirus comments

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/d...f-coronavirus-comments/ar-BB12Zsc0?li=BBnb7Kz

After facing intense criticism for suggesting on Fox News last month that he’d rather perish from the new coronavirus than see instability in the state’s economic system, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said last night that he’s thankful Texas is beginning the process of reopening its economy because the restrictions are currently “crushing small businesses” and the economic market.

“I’m sorry to say that I was right on this and I’m thankful that now we are now finally beginning to open up Texas and other states because it’s been long overdue,” he told interview host Tucker Carlson.

What I said when I was with you that night is there are more important things than living. And that’s saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us,” Patrick said. “I don’t want to die, nobody wants to die, but man we’ve got to take some risks and get back in the game and get this country back up and running.”
Modify message

Dallas has since march 23th. I heard Arlington ISD started last week and they were closed since march 6th.

My niece is in Arlington ISD. They have been going for a while because she is here with me and has been working since she got here in late March.

And as the data shows that it disproportionately affects Blacks, white folks are REALLY going to go into overdrive with their re-open america rallies.

Someone on youtube bought a point. This quarantine is the safest black folks have been. How many black death (ie Chiraq) have we heard? Wonder does that have a factor in this with those protests?

Here are the largest public companies taking payroll loans meant for small businesses
:tiptoe:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/lar...re-taking-small-businesses-payroll-loans.html

Hundreds of millions of dollars of Paycheck Protection Program funds have been claimed by large, publicly traded companies.
In fact, the U.S. government has allocated at least $243.4 million of the total $349 billion to publicly traded companies, according to Morgan Stanley.
Several of the companies have market values well in excess of $100 million, including DMC Global, Wave Life Sciences and Fiesta Restaurant Group.

Hundreds of millions of dollars of Paycheck Protection Program emergency funding has been claimed by large, publicly traded companies, new research published by Morgan Stanley shows.

In fact, the U.S. government has allocated at least $243.4 million of the total $349 billion to publicly traded companies, the firm said.

The PPP was designed to help the nation’s smallest, mom-and-pop shops keep employees on payroll and prevent mass layoffs across the country amid the coronavirus pandemic.
GREED......GREED........GREED. And I bet most of them go to church every Sunday.

Back