Comments On Pv Vs. Uapb Who Gets The W...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by GoodFella
Dont believe everything you hear dogg. You would be surprised the ratio of who is/who's not on scholarship, and who is BabyD? Whoever that was didnt handle up on nobody at the hotel.....

for real! whoever told u that lie needs to be hazed...its so many peeps in the band thats not on scholarship and so many folks that dont come here cuz they didnt do well enough on their audition to get a scholarship that if they wanted to they could start their own band! lol

Uapb sounded well, true enough, but I just can't see in my right mind how someone could say they sounded better than us yes they played songs but its really the quality not quanity. yes there mellos and btones were good but they had no consistancy. when u say u heard those horns it was only one note out of the whole song. when i think of a section thats holding its own they are well felt the whole song and the whole section isnt on the same note.

"just one mans opinion"

p.s.
the box had more precision in the deliverance of their cadences, so i would give the "w" to them

Originally posted by txpimp
Uapb sounded well, true enough, but I just can't see in my right mind how someone could say they sounded better than us yes they played songs but its really the quality not quanity. yes there mellos and btones were good but they had no consistancy. when u say u heard those horns it was only one note out of the whole song. when i think of a section thats holding its own they are well felt the whole song and the whole section isnt on the same note.

"just one mans opinion"

ps
the box had more precision in the deliverance of their cadences, so i would give the "w" to them

the box sounded like a garbled muddled mess from across the field just like i am sure KRANK did from across the way...u cant judge the drum battle cuz the acoustics fugged up everyone's sound!

quit lying dude...the mellos and b-tones were bringin on every song except the freelance march! be real! and if anyone feels that we were better than yall, then they are in their right mind and that's their opinion. u are gonna think PV sounded better cuz its obvious that ur opinion is biased since thats the school u are affiliated with. u talk about quality, talk about it! we didnt produce bad quality at all this past weekend. i would say the only thing that lacked was our field show. but then again its hard to get hype in a dead stadium (it was worse than band practice!).

Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by SKIP

1st quarter P.V. i agree
2nd quarter P.V., i agree
Halftime P.V. but not by much, i disagree
3rd quarter UAPB let the dogs loose,
4th quarter tie... i disagree UAPB again
the 5th quarter tie i disagree UAPB won

and now for the drum sections

DA BOX is still the coldest in the SWAC.
but i must say i have a new 2nd best drum section.
i have never(since i left high school) had a 2nd best drum section. i just view everybody as competition.. but i like these cats. they look good and they sound good. they have disipline and they are poised. i hope there are drummers from other sections reading this when i say ya'll azzes are in trouble. this is going to be one of the best battles of the year for P.V. next year band wise and drum wise...
Veryy good job UAPB you cats are alright with me.

i disagree KRANK is colder i found that out when they blew war & thunder (my former section) away
i stood on the side of PB's drum section purposely because of the dome situation(i planned ahead) that way i can see the real deal...and it was really real. much love KRANK.
oh yeah to the section leader of the Krank don't sleep on that boy ralph(that's my lil homeboy) he is nice on dem quints. i know he got to do his crab work but don't forget about him....
:D :D :D

That lil Mugga Flugga Ralph is cold on dem quints. I never knew his name til the end of last year, all i knew is this lil dude from Mac Arthur was eatin up quint players at parades,games,and UIL competitions. he ate up the quint players at my high school. Come to think of it i hate that lil bastard he ate me up too:redhot: . my friends were teasing me til i almost cried.:bawling: but its over now and i am in the meac now. the box and krank watch out for the million dollar funk squad of norfolk state.

now even i hafto say this is NESS....our btones and fhorns handled...for you to say that let's me know that even more..lol our btones and fhorns dont play one note stunners..dey play melody...and any idiot can see that...im not saying who sounded better but dont be silly..PV and UAPB both have the best sound in the SWAC..now the only edge PB has over PV is they had more power:eek2: ......lol dont be bitter folk..it was a good one but..btones n fhorns UAPB crushed in that dept ...:eek2: :eek2:

Originally posted by SWAC31
now even i hafto say this is NESS....our btones and fhorns handled...for you to say that let's me know that even more..lol our btones and fhorns dont play one note stunners..dey play melody...and any idiot can see that...im not saying who sounded better but dont be silly..PV and UAPB both have the best sound in the SWAC..now the only edge PB has over PV is they had more power:eek2: ......lol dont be bitter folk..it was a good one but..btones n fhorns UAPB crushed in that dept ...:eek2: :eek2:

that is so true cuz the way hud and bilbo write, they always give the best parts to the mellos and b-tones.

"just one mans opinion"

p.s.

man everyone on here knows how much I love my section and my band... but all this ego trippn' and sugar coating got to stop. UAPB came down here and handled thier business (period). Ya'll band was on 10. Not to say PV didn't sound good. But PB took the "W". Ya'll have come a hell of a long way since we last saw ya'll and deserve some major props. I guess what makes me mad the most is given the talent that is in the Storm it should have been about an even match up. BUT, these young cats lack heart. UAPB came down hungry. On mission to prove a point. PV just showed up. The worst part is ya'll don't even realize you got blasted. Note to all current members of the Storm:

Stop living off the past and build your own legacy. You are not '95, '97, or '00. You can't ride that wave forever. Sooner or later you have to create your own history.

Big shout put to UAPB mellos!!!! Ya'll are on point. B-Tones.... ya'll some monsters. And who ever does ya'll arrangements got some talent.

PV.... back to the wood shed.

Originally posted by SWAC31
PV and UAPB both have the best sound in the SWAC

I think u r pushing it a little bit. Not saying that both bands don't sound great but it all depends on what u like. Brassy/jazzy sound- SU, AAMU Symphonic P.V., UAPB I'm confused about what concept JSU is trying to use this year....:confused:

Originally posted by PsychoJag
I think u r pushing it a little bit. Not saying that both bands don't sound great but it all depends on what u like. Brassy/jazzy sound- SU, AAMU Symphonic P.V., UAPB I'm confused about what concept JSU is trying to use this year....:confused:

Whateva concept JSU is trying to use this year, worked on you all.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by NastyD
Whateva concept JSU is trying to use this year, worked on you all.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sure let u and gsu tell it......:rolleyes: I can get quotes from JSU members giving us the "W" or saying it was even but wait.....why am I even talking to u??? U rep gsu.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Shorty_Red

Happiness

Group: Members

Member No.: 105

Posted: Oct 19 2003, 09:28 PM

1st half
SU played a couple of new tunes and they were good. Nothin' had me jumpin' out my seat, though. JSU played like WHOLE SONGS during the timeouts, which was cool. They got some of the good and usual sh*t out of the way. SU blew "The Show" It was cool. J-State blew it right back...the beginnin' wasn't blowin', as usual, and the dance was tight. JSU's "Fly Away" I love it! SU 's "Danger"...it was really hittin'...

Halftime
SU came out playin' "The Way You Move". It was tight because their first note was on point. Their drillin' was unmatched by the Boom, naturally because that is one of their high points, period. Now, the song they played comin' out of the "Circle" was unfamiliar to me I couldn't tell what it was, I guess because I was standing on the field and in front of a trombone, but it seemed like an old tune that they've played in the past. The Dancin' Dolls were OK. I can't say that they've fallen off because I wasn't really payin' attention to them. But I CAN say that they didn't get much house....and they danced off "Crazy In Love" just as the J-Settes did. The dance routine was "blah" until the "Matrix" part. That was cool. Also, the "dayum!" dance was cool. That ballerina sh*t is for the birds. Comin' off the field they played "Rock and Roll" which was pretty regular...

Overall: For halftime, I would give SU a B-.

JSU did the usual entrance, which always is a crowd pleaser. "Frontin'" has been the best drill tune they've played all season. The drill was smooth with a jagged edge, but it was still on point, for the most part. The song selection for the entire show was killer on the crowd, because they were mostly current tunes. The J-Settes got the crowd on their feet with "Crazy In Love". That's all I need to say about that. The dance routine was on point. Not one of my favorites, but definitely a crowd pleaser. "Choppa Style" was tight. So was "dayum!". They stomped all over SU's colors...then rubbed they a**es wit' 'em. Ha!

Overall: I'd give JSU an A-. Simply because had the drill been a little bit cleaner....they would've gotten an A+.

2nd half
J-State blew some more. "New Day into Ain't it Man" was a killa...! I can't really remember what all was played by either band....but they wre goin' blow for blow. Oh, "Can You Feel It" was blowin'....it wasn't a '99, but it was still blowin'.

5th quarter
1st round: SU blows somethin' I can't remember (was it "Leave Me Alone"?) , "Superman Fanfare" back into Under Pressure" was a killa.

2nd round: SU blows "Can You Feel It", but I wouldn't have blown "Workin' Day-n-Night".....and that's real.

3rd round: SU blows "In Those Jeans", which I admit, was real nice, but I wouldn't have blown "Swoop!" back.....and that's real.

4th round: SU plays "Cold Hearted Snake" and JSU blew "Nobody Does It Better"....not a bad choice.

5th round: SU plays "Total Praise" and all of them fags were singin'....ugh! Nah, I'm playin'....but it was nice. JSU comes in BLOWIN' "Cold Hearted Snake"....which was funny because of what SU had just finished playin'. :thumbsup: for that one.

JSU plays "Signs of Love Makin'", muphuggin' "Turn Off the Lights", and a plethora of other songs that would've matched or made the 5th with SU had they played them while they were in the stands.

SU's tubas aren't what I expected this year. Their baritones make the band because of their power. The trombones..... The trumpets It's some sh*t comin' from over there!! The Mellophones..... Woodwinds...well, you already know.

JSU's tubas are BLOWIN'. The baritones were blowin'...very good. The trombones were blowin'. The Mellophones...they hold up with the numbers they have. Woodwinds....well, you already know....the Saxophones always sound good. The piccolos are SO LOUD. It's nerve rackin' when you're sittin' right next to 'em. The trumpets . What makes J-State's trumpets the best is that clarity of ALL PARTS. 1st-3rd topped off with that Ice Cream Team. Ha! Yeah, it's Ice Cream, beyotch! I Scream, YOU Scream...!!

I have to give the 5th to SU simply because of the song selection that J-State played. It could've been a hellova 5th had JSU went for the gold instead of waitin' 'til SU left out of the stands.

There was NO blowout by far...

BOTH bands did an EXCELLENT job at handlin' their business. Which is why NO OTHER BANDS CAN MATCH THESE TWO ON THEIR WORST DAY!!

Play wit' it...

oneluv

Jackson State University Alumnus

"To complete a good design is more meritorious than to begin it."
Muhammad, PBUH

I don't play games

Originally posted by solophone96
man everyone on here knows how much I love my section and my band... but all this ego trippn' and sugar coating got to stop. UAPB came down here and handled thier business (period). Ya'll band was on 10. Not to say PV didn't sound good. But PB took the "W". Ya'll have come a hell of a long way since we last saw ya'll and deserve some major props. I guess what makes me mad the most is given the talent that is in the Storm it should have been about an even match up. BUT, these young cats lack heart. UAPB came down hungry. On mission to prove a point. PV just showed up. The worst part is ya'll don't even realize you got blasted. Note to all current members of the Storm:

Stop living off the past and build your own legacy. You are not '95, '97, or '00. You can't ride that wave forever. Sooner or later you have to create your own history.

Big shout put to UAPB mellos!!!! Ya'll are on point. B-Tones.... ya'll some monsters. And who ever does ya'll arrangements got some talent.

PV.... back to the wood shed.

thank u for your honest opinion...

Originally posted by PsychoJag

true..about AAMU/SU.. and PV/UAPB..lol@your last comment :lmao:

Originally posted by Fiyah
Now Skip, I'm suprised you don't know who I am (you do but I guess you didn't know that I am Fiyah). I taught you how to march PV style when you were a crab and we speak every time we see eachother, even saturday night.

Now with this hint you should know......remember a few weeks ago when you and your girl was shopping for a TV, who did you see in the electronics section.....we both were shopping there that day. :idea:
i would have never guessed that you were fiyah, but now i can associate your name to your profession, mr. fireman...ha ha ha h a:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by freak-nastee
the box sounded like a garbled muddled mess from across the field just like i am sure KRANK did from across the way...u cant judge the drum battle cuz the acoustics fugged up everyone's sound!

quit lying dude...the mellos and b-tones were bringin on every song except the freelance march! be real! and if anyone feels that we were better than yall, then they are in their right mind and that's their opinion. u are gonna think PV sounded better cuz its obvious that ur opinion is biased since thats the school u are affiliated with. u talk about quality, talk about it! we didnt produce bad quality at all this past weekend. i would say the only thing that lacked was our field show. but then again its hard to get hype in a dead stadium (it was worse than band practice!).
actually ya'll field show was cool it's just that the dance routine that we did edged us out a little, that is probably the only reason why we took the halftime. ya'll soung\d was on point too. i still give ya'll props

Its 3 parts to a show you guys....

Drill, Dancers, and Dance Routine....

DRILL-Tie(Depends on what you like)

Dancers-PB

DanceRoutine-Slight Edge to PV(Because of Uniformality)

HALFTIME-TIE......case closed....

Re: Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by snare master
That lil Mugga Flugga Ralph is cold on dem quints. I never knew his name til the end of last year, all i knew is this lil dude from Mac Arthur was eatin up quint players at parades,games,and UIL competitions. he ate up the quint players at my high school. Come to think of it i hate that lil bastard he ate me up too:redhot: . my friends were teasing me til i almost cried.:bawling: but its over now and i am in the meac now. the box and krank watch out for the million dollar funk squad of norfolk state.
who is war and thunder and what makes you believe that they are in the same game as DA BOX? just because they may have smoked ya'll like a fat azz blount does not make them beat us. they were good and they are going to get better.

Originally posted by s phi s
I understand the point you are making. But if we would have turned to face the press box, we would have been playing for the 12 fans on Pine Bluff's side.

Yeah, I would have chose to play in front of 15 fans instead of 12 too.

Re: Re: Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by SKIP
who is war and thunder and what makes you believe that they are in the same game as DA BOX? just because they may have smoked ya'll like a fat azz blount does not make them beat us. they were good and they are going to get better.

War and Thunder is JSU and im not in that section anymore. I am at Norfolk State now in a better drumline. The Million Dollar Funk Squad. We would eat a whole in the box. Anyway that reply wasnt to step on any toes. I was just agreeing with you that that lil fat bastard Ralph is cold on quints. (yo lil homeboy) The next time u talk to him tell him what he did to me at that parade wont happen again. I will get my revenge and burn him on quints...............................

I watched the game on T.V. and I thought that both bands did really well. KRANK and Da Box has to be the two coldest drumlines in the SWAC! I was straight rollin' at halftime at Prairie View's dancers. When ole' girl lost her weave ponytail, that had to be the highlight of the show! I know she was so embarrassed! What was really tripped out was they showed the ponytail on camera laying on the field. Then they showed the girl's hair from the back. I was like Whoah! Another tip that the Black Foxes need is this: The uniforms they wore were straight but next time, invest in some bras! Just a little tip! But I did enjoy the halftime shows from both bands!

Re: Re: Re: Re: hmmmmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by snare master
War and Thunder is JSU and im not in that section anymore. I am at Norfolk State now in a better drumline. The Million Dollar Funk Squad. We would eat a whole in the box. Anyway that reply wasnt to step on any toes. I was just agreeing with you that that lil fat bastard Ralph is cold on quints. (yo lil homeboy) The next time u talk to him tell him what he did to me at that parade wont happen again. I will get my revenge and burn him on quints...............................
so they are call the million dollar funk squad huh? you know in your soul that ya'll can't ucfk with DA BOX, but on the other hand do you believe ralph has gotten better or worse i would say that he is doing what crabs do(get crabbed). wait until his crab year is over and ya'll can talk on the drums and see.

Originally posted by Whiz03
I watched the game on T.V. and I thought that both bands did really well. KRANK and Da Box has to be the two coldest drumlines in the SWAC! I was straight rollin' at halftime at Prairie View's dancers. When ole' girl lost her weave ponytail, that had to be the highlight of the show! I know she was so embarrassed! What was really tripped out was they showed the ponytail on camera laying on the field. Then they showed the girl's hair from the back. I was like Whoah! Another tip that the Black Foxes need is this: The uniforms they wore were straight but next time, invest in some bras! Just a little tip! But I did enjoy the halftime shows from both bands!
don't you like bouncing ta ta's????????

whatever how do u think pv would sound if we hadd all the btones with the same note, it would be rediculous. i never said pb was bad and yes they had "some" quality but i still felt as if they were lacking with substance. there arrangements just weren't full enough for me. and YOU can't tell me what i like and what i don't like so if i feel pb was lacking something then thats what i think.

whatever how do u think pv would sound if we hadd all the btones with the same note, it would be rediculous. i never said pb was bad and yes they had "some" quality but i still felt as if they were lacking with substance. there arrangements just weren't full enough for me. and YOU can't tell me what i like and what i don't like so if i feel pb was lacking something then thats what i think.

we have our btones split up too...all dont play in unison all the time..so im still not getting where u are comung from [its like u trynna find sumthing on us but cant]..but do wha u do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back