Comments On Pv Vs. Uapb Who Gets The W...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaky....that's the nature of the beast in the DOME. That's why you would see all those PV-TxSU wars on this page about who did what in the DOME. The dome will win every time. Part of it is the way our show is designed. The way our instruments are placed on the field, fans on the back side of the show will get a raw deal in the Dome cuz all they will hear is drum echos and horns running together.

^^^^and that is exactly the reason why i am overjoyed i will never have to play in that god-awful place again!

on a positive note, props to yall on that genesis fanfare and that dayum big ballin!!! that isht was the truth!! :eek2: and yall have the best arrangement of the national anthem i have ever heard....yalls alma mater goes hard too! i was sittin there like 'these *****s blowin the isht outta their alma mater!' lol

hmmmmmmmmmmm

my hat comes off to UAPB. i enjoyed the battle to the fullest, and i planned ahead for the acustic war. i was on UAPB's side. and for me to be on the opposite side of the field was a trip, i actually got a chance to actually hear what UAPB was playing, you cats have come up. Ya'll were jamming and ya'll had power, and ya'll sounded and looked very good i was amazed.....Much props because you can tell the hard work that went into it all......ok now that i got the formalities over here's my analysis of the game,
1st quarter P.V. ,
2nd quarter P.V.,
Halftime P.V. but not by much,
3rd quarter UAPB let the dogs loose,
4th quarter tie...
the 5th quarter tie

and now for the drum sections

DA BOX is still the coldest in the SWAC.
but i must say i have a new 2nd best drum section.
i have never(since i left high school) had a 2nd best drum section. i just view everybody as competition.. but i like these cats. they look good and they sound good. they have disipline and they are poised. i hope there are drummers from other sections reading this when i say ya'll azzes are in trouble. this is going to be one of the best battles of the year for P.V. next year band wise and drum wise...
Veryy good job UAPB you cats are alright with me.

i stood on the side of PB's drum section purposely because of the dome situation(i planned ahead) that way i can see the real deal...and it was really real. much love KRANK.
oh yeah to the section leader of the Krank don't sleep on that boy ralph(that's my lil homeboy) he is nice on dem quints. i know he got to do his crab work but don't forget about him....
:D :D :D

Who's heard the quote when the **** hit's the fan. Nowl I'm just playin though theose tubas from Uapb were on it. But I don't know we were like neck at neck but since we are a fanfare challenging band, there's no competition even though they played a fanfare that was like got damn. But you know we still got them boyz

First I must say good job to the Bluff well as the Storm...
Here's my opinion on both bands.

1st Quarter- PV came out blowin ESPN as PB was entering the stands...:eek2: PB really wasn't bringin it as much as PV was. So I'd have to give this quarter to PV...

2nd Quarter- PV hasd alot of energy and started playing alot of there crunk songs...Too bad the crowd wasn't what we expected but hey..PB played a few crunk songs but wasn't crunk as PV. Once again PV wins this quarter too.

Halftime- I really wasn't feeling PB's dance routine, but they had sound. PV's dance routine very much on point as it has been all year :D .I'd give this to the STORM but not by much. Oh yea and one other thing that I noticed about PB's dance routine, the announcer started singing the hooker hooker while the band was doing sh** from the nelly video
:lmao:

2nd half I would have to say goes to the BLUFF

5th Quarter- was a tie;)

Originally posted by TX_FINEST
First I must say good job to the Bluff well as the Storm...
Here's my opinion on both bands.

1st Quarter- PV came out blowin ESPN as PB was entering the stands...:eek2: PB really wasn't bringin it as much as PV was. So I'd have to give this quarter to PV...

2nd Quarter- PV hasd alot of energy and started playing alot of there crunk songs...Too bad the crowd wasn't what we expected but hey..PB played a few crunk songs but wasn't crunk as PV. Once again PV wins this quarter too.

Halftime- I really wasn't feeling PB's dance routine, but they had sound. PV's dance routine very much on point as it has been all year :D .I'd give this to the STORM but not by much. Oh yea and one other thing that I noticed about PB's dance routine, the announcer started singing the hooker hooker while the band was doing sh** from the nelly video

2nd half I would have to say goes to the BLUFF

5th Quarter- was a tie;)
you were not supposed to bring that hooker hooker stuff up:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: i just thought he was a little early

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH SKIP. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME ON PB'S SIDE NOT BECAUSE I WANT TO HEAR THE BAND, BECAUSE I KNEW THEY WERE BLOWING FROM PV'S SIDE. I THINK THAT BOTH BANDS DID A GOOD JOB BUT PB CAME WITH SOME FIRE AND POSSESSED A KILLER INSTINCT. IT WAS NO LETTING UP. THAT BADU SONG WAS NASTY! ALL THEIR ARRANGEMENTS WERE PRETTY TIGHT TO ME. I THINK IT WAS AN OVERALL TIE FOR THE MOST PART BUT I GIVE THE HALFTIME TO PV, BUT THE 2ND GOES TO PB FOR THE MOST PART. THE FIFTH WAS A TIE AND I THINK THAT IT COULD HAVE WENT BACK AND FORTH FOR A WHILE. GOOD JOB TO BOTH BANDS.

NOW, CONSIDERING THAT I AM AN OLD SCHOOL BOX MEMBER AND THE ORIGINATOR OF THE "COLDEST IN THE SWAC" LABLE MOST OF MY ATTENTION WAS ON KRANK. HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS OF YOUR SECTION. #1 TO THINK THAT YOU SMOKED THE BOX OR WHATEVER IS AN IMMATURE STATEMENT JUST LIKE FOR THE BOX TO SAY THEY SMOKED YOU WOULD ALSO BE IMMATURE. BECAUSE NEITHER SIDE KNEW WHAT THE OTHER WAS PLAYING! IT ALL SOUNDED LIKE MUFFED RUMBLING, SO LET'S BE REAL. FACE TO FACE WOULD HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT STORY. I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD GET NEW DRUMS SOON BECAUSE WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING ON IT OLD AND OUT DATED AND DOES NOT DO YOUR BANK JUSTICE. YOUR SECTION IS TOO TALENTED TO PLAY ON THAT CRAB. I THINK IF YOU TUNE YOUR DRUM A TAD BIT HIGHER YOUR SOUND WILL CUT THROUGH YOUR BAND MORE AND GIVE IT A TRUE "DRUM SET" SOUND. OTHERWISE YOU PLAYED TOGETHER AND HAD A NICE OVER ALL SOUND. THE CYMBALS WERE ON POINT TOO. KEEP UP THE WORK AND I WILL LOOK TO HEAR MORE ABOUT KRANK IN THE FUTURE. OH YEAH, ONE MORE THING THE CADENCE AT THE END WHEN THE CYMBALS PLAYED ON THE SNARE, THAT WAS REAL. I THOUGHT IT WAS HIGH-SCHOOLISH AT FIRST BUT WHEN THEY ACTUALLY HAD SOME CHOPS, I HAD TO GIVE IT UP. THE BAD PART ABOUT IT IS THE BOX DIDNT EVEN SEE IT AND HAD KNOW IDEA WHAT HAPPENED. I THINK IF YOU PLAY AGAINST SOMEBODY IN A FACE TO FACE BATTLE, THAT WOULD BE YOUR SHOW STOPPER! GOOD JOB TO BOTH BANDS.

Originally posted by DrummerPSI
That's ok because I've seen one of your dancers loose an entire arm before. Like that girl from "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka."

HELL NAW!!!!! :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lmao:

Originally posted by DrummerPSI
That's ok because I've seen one of your dancers loose an entire arm before. Like that girl from "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka."

man if that is true please seend me a tape of that because i want to lmao. i don't laugh at the handicapped but funny is funny i want to see that:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by GoodFella
I hope they come to PB next Fall, if they do, this will be another battle......:eek2:

I would DEFINITELY be there for that one!

Originally posted by Vinita
Who was the boy sitting on PB's side with the KKPsi jacket and the white doo-rag on?
you have to asked the psi boys that question....where were you because i was trying to be seen by the swac pagers but i was in the back

Originally posted by Vinita
Who was the boy sitting on PB's side with the KKPsi jacket and the white doo-rag on?

You could have told someone that ya'll were coming to the game, could have hooked up on something.......

I know I didn't personally meet too many folks that I didn't already know but a lot of folks saw me and didn't know who I was. Kept getting a lot of questions about where I got my Swac Jersey from, everyone liked it and wanted one. I was on both sides of the field all game long. I hopefully will be posting all my pics on the yahoo group site soon.

Now on to the thread at hand:

This was one o the best entertaining games I have seen all year(in a long time too). Both bands came into the stadium firing on all cylinders (I have some mpegs shot of both bands marching in). I would say that PV had the better 1st half of the game, just a bit of halftime (better dance), but PB would get the 3rd qtr and a better part of the 4th(but it was close). The 5th was most definently a tie, I was on the field next to Philharmonic and both band directors during this session. I think if the officials from the Astrodome didn't ask them to shut it down, this could have been one of the best ole school type battles. They both agreed and PB's director said we'll march out first. It was little funny when PB's director thought PV was about to play another song while they were coming out the stands. He was laughing and stated "Don't Do It, I'll put em back and get back on you"....LMAO

I enjoyed this game very much and the way both bands and both band directors were so cordial to each other. I believe that it can almost be said that PV will be going to PB next year.

Originally posted by Fiyah
You could have told someone that ya'll were coming to the game, could have hooked up on something.......

I know I didn't personally meet too many folks that I didn't already know but a lot of folks saw me and didn't know who I was. Kept getting a lot of questions about where I got my Swac Jersey from, everyone liked it and wanted one. I was on both sides of the field all game long. I hopefully will be posting all my pics on the yahoo group site soon.

Now on to the thread at hand:

This was one o the best entertaining games I have seen all year(in a long time too). Both bands came into the stadium firing on all cylinders (I have some mpegs shot of both bands marching in). I would say that PV had the better 1st half of the game, just a bit of halftime (better dance), but PB would get the 3rd qtr and a better part of the 4th(but it was close). The 5th was most definently a tie, I was on the field next to Philharmonic and both band directors during this session. I think if the officials from the Astrodome didn't ask them to shut it down, this could have been one of the best ole school type battles. They both agreed and PB's director said we'll march out first. It was little funny when PB's director thought PV was about to play another song while they were coming out the stands. He was laughing and stated "Don't Do It, I'll put em back and get back on you"....LMAO

I enjoyed this game very much and the way both bands and both band directors were so cordial to each other. I believe that it can almost be said that PV will be going to PB next year.
who is fiyah?????????

Originally posted by SKIP
who is fiyah?????????

Now Skip, I'm suprised you don't know who I am (you do but I guess you didn't know that I am Fiyah). I taught you how to march PV style when you were a crab and we speak every time we see eachother, even saturday night.

Now with this hint you should know......remember a few weeks ago when you and your girl was shopping for a TV, who did you see in the electronics section.....we both were shopping there that day. :idea:

Originally posted by SKIP
you have to asked the psi boys that question....where were you because i was trying to be seen by the swac pagers but i was in the back

We were sitting right next to the band. If you saw a woman about to kill a five year old girl and her five year old brother, that was me.

like they said..the dome kiiled any hope of a true battle but UAPB rolled out a nice variety of songs. Playing "Junior, My Momma Used to Say" topped it all.

Vinita.....that's 3 years and counting....us Houstonians must bite or something. You all came to PV also. :rolleyes:

Whenever you are on TV, especially national TV, face the press box. The cameras are position expecting you to address the press box.

Explain: How did the Black Fox lose her hair piece? I"ve seen them a few times and I've never seen that happen.

Peace!!!

I think this was a good battle overall. The first half went to PV, and the second went to UAPB. I liked our halftime show better. But to the KRANK, you've gained my respect as a section. I wish ya'll could have stayed after the game to battle face to face with us, but we didn't know that our director would let us play. This was the first time all season that he let us put on a show afterwards. But hey, We'll just have to meet up in the future. Since your band director throws scholarship money like frisbee's, try to get him to invest in some new equipment. It would make your overall sound strengthen. But good job on your part.

P.S. What happen at the hotel? I heard Baby D came down and handled up on ya'll. Let me know!!

I understand the point you are making. But if we would have turned to face the press box, we would have been playing for the 12 fans on Pine Bluff's side. I don't understand why the home side of the Dome isn't the side they set everything up on. :confused: As a general rule, we play to where the fans are. The reason we played to SU's side in Shreveport is because that's where the fans were.

As for the hair piece thing....LOL....I'll only say that it has happened before, but not in a LOOOOOOOOOng while.

Originally posted by Crunchy B
Since your band director throws scholarship money like frisbee's, try to get him to invest in some new equipment.

Dont believe everything you hear dogg. You would be surprised the ratio of who is/who's not on scholarship, and who is BabyD? Whoever that was didnt handle up on nobody at the hotel.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back