Comments On Pv Vs. Uapb Who Gets The W...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterious_horn

WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE GAME BETWEEN THESE TWO SCHOOLS, THIS WAS THERE FIRST MEETING SINCE THE LAST TIME PV PUT IT TO THEM BOYS.

The W goes to...

the Dome.

But really, both bands sounded great yesterday. It's too bad the game and the crowd were so dead. For me, the highlight was the battle between PV's Genisis and PB's Fierce.

If I had to call a winner, it would be PV for their energy on the field show and dance routine, but not by much at all.

Here's how it went....

1st quarter, PV hands down. PB wasnt playing too much of nothing.....This was making mad as he!!. I started thinking about 97 PV-PB. I was about to come to tears on the real, because of madness. PB came all the way down to play defense(ness)

2ndquarter, tie both bands traded some nice tunes ,PB comes alive.....

Halftime- Tie, it depends on what you like. Both bands sounded good as he!!, and excuted drills to the Tee. Both dance routines was on point, PV looked more uniformed on the Dance routine to me....

3rdquarter, it started looking dim for the Storm, they lacked the energy they had from the 1 half. PB unleashed, and PV couldnt play as much as they wanted to. They played a little, but PB was just running it down..... PV also was trying to play Fanfares, that usually is not PB's style. So after they played a fanfare, we played a song.....

4thquarter, same as 3rd PB continued to run off on PV. PV would play a tune, and PB would play about 3 or 4 tunes after that lol.....

5thquarter-Tie, The bands couldnt tap into the book, because the 5th was cut short.....

Oh and to the BOX, how does it feel to get burned by KRANK snicker.......

Overall it was a good game, both bands were coming with it. I got my moneys worth, and Im coming back to Houtson real soon.....

Tell the PV dancers, not to show up to the game anymore. The GG'S put on a clinic....

Just to clarify. It's a lot easier to play when your team is constantly runnin' off points on us. As for the drums, you really can't say either section burned either one. Cuz from where I was, a lot of the Krank stuff just got swallowed and run together by the dome. And I'm sure the BOX sounded the same way from the other side. (Not saying Krank wasn't good....but you are not gonna get the full effect of either section in the dome). I had loads of fun at the game though. PB has a nice sound. Trumpets were real hit and miss. They were straight though. Mellos and btones were tight. Tubas was on point. Bones, don't remember hearing much from them. Drums sounded pretty tight and together from what I could actually make out from the other side.

Great game Pine Bluff.

Originally posted by GoodFella
Here's how it went....

1st quarter, PV hands down. PB wasnt playing too much of nothing.....This was making mad as he!!. I started thinking about 97 PV-PB. I was about to come to tears on the real, because of madness. PB came all the way down to play defense(ness)

Halftime- Tie, it depends on what you like. Both bands sounded good as he!!, and excuted drills to the Tee. Both dance routines was on point, PV looked more uniformed on the Dance routine to me....

3rdquarter, it started looking dim for the Storm, they lacked the energy they had from the 1 half. PB unleashed, and PV couldnt play as much as they wanted to. They played a little, but PB was just running it down..... PV also was trying to play Fanfares, that usually is not PB's style. So after they played a fanfare, we played a song.....

4thquarter, same as 3rd PB continued to run off on PV. PV would play a tune, and PB would play about 3 or 4 tunes after that lol.....

5thquarter-Tie, The bands couldnt tap into the book, because the 5th was cut short.....

Overall it was a good game, both bands were coming with it. I got my moneys worth, and Im coming back to Houtson real soon.....

Tell the PV dancers, not to show up to the game anymore. The GG'S put on a clinic....

Hey not trying to be silly or anything...I liked the PV girls routine a little better than the GG's but one question I do have to ask is.....

Don't you all think that one of the GG's is too big to be on that squad....maybe its just me......well no it's not me...cause most dance squads I see are.....well let me leave that along..

As for the field show....just off what I saw on MBC......I give the W to PV.......without any reluctance....

I hate domes. I hate them because you can't tell who's on top or not. A dome can make :lmao: :lmao: Kentucky State sound loud :lmao: :lmao: Playing in a dome is almost like putting both bands in a bandroom and let them have it out. I wish that they were outside just like in '97, then the people can talk. As of now, it was a straight tie.

Originally posted by NastyD
Hey not trying to be silly or anything...I liked the PV girls routine a little better than the GG's but one question I do have to ask is.....

Don't you all think that one of the GG's is too big to be on that squad....maybe its just me......well no it's not me...cause most dance squads I see are.....well let me leave that along..

As for the field show....just off what I saw on MBC......I give the W to PV.......without any reluctance....

for some reason since the jsu game you've been hating on the gg's:rolleyes:

Originally posted by NastyD

As for the field show....just off what I saw on MBC......

I stopped reading right there....

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
I hate domes. I hate them because you can't tell who's on top or not. A dome can make :lmao: :lmao: Kentucky State sound loud :lmao: :lmao: Playing in a dome is almost like putting both bands in a bandroom and let them have it out. I wish that they were outside just like in '97, then the people can talk. As of now, it was a straight tie.

you can tell who's on top and who's not Rodney in a dome...

if thats the case gsu would tie with su every year in the bayou:rolleyes:

Originally posted by SWAC31
you can tell who's on top and who's not Rodney in a dome...

if thats the case gsu would tie with su every year in the bayou:rolleyes:

No, the Astrodome and Superdome have two different sounds!

Originally posted by GRAMBLING
I watched the replay of the PV/UAPB game on MBC today. One of the "Black Foxes" hair weave fell off. :p

That's ok because I've seen one of your dancers loose an entire arm before. Like that girl from "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka."

:lmao:

Here's how it went....

I agree
I agree
I agree, PV's dance routine was on point, which gives them a slight edge !

3rdquarter, it started looking dim for the Storm, they lacked the energy they had from the 1 half. PB unleashed, and PV couldnt play as much as they wanted to. They played a little, but PB was just running it down..... PV also was trying to play Fanfares, that usually is not PB's style. So after they played a fanfare, we played a song..... emergency, I left

4thquarter, same as 3rd PB continued to run off on PV. PV would play a tune, and PB would play about 3 or 4 tunes after that lol..... ??????

5thquarter-Tie, The bands couldnt tap into the book, because the 5th was cut short..... ??????

Oh and to the BOX, how does it feel to get burned by KRANK snicker....... the KRANK wasn't ready for the B-O-X

Overall it was a good game, both bands were coming with it.

UAPB,

1* Nice balanced Sound
2.*Good show
3.* Mellophones :eek2:

PV,
1.* Good Show
2.* dance routine on point
3.*T-bones :eek2:

Hats' off to both bands for Great Performances !!!

Here's how it went....

I agree
I agree
I agree, PV's dance routine was on point, which gives them a slight edge !

3rdquarter, it started looking dim for the Storm, they lacked the energy they had from the 1 half. PB unleashed, and PV couldnt play as much as they wanted to. They played a little, but PB was just running it down..... PV also was trying to play Fanfares, that usually is not PB's style. So after they played a fanfare, we played a song..... emergency, I left

4thquarter, same as 3rd PB continued to run off on PV. PV would play a tune, and PB would play about 3 or 4 tunes after that lol..... ??????

5thquarter-Tie, The bands couldnt tap into the book, because the 5th was cut short..... ??????

Oh and to the BOX, how does it feel to get burned by KRANK snicker....... the KRANK wasn't ready for the B-O-X

Overall it was a good game, both bands were coming with it.

UAPB,

1* Nice balanced Sound
2.*Good show
3.* Mellophones :eek2:

PV,
1.* Good Show
2.* dance routine on point
3.*T-bones :eek2:

Hats' off to both bands for Great Performances !!!

Here's how it went....

:redhot: :redhot: BOX burned by KRANK???? Yeah right brutha..........KRANK may come close but will never succeed in beating BOX ya dig??? I dug into KRANK's a55 in 97' and I came back dug into it again in 03'.........I would say that BOX unKRANKed KRANK.........And why does most of the members look like they ages 16 thru 18 or in high school or something? None of the snares looked over 6 feet tall......What is tha deal with that? Cadence 420 and Tase pretty much wrapped it up.........I was feelin the snare battle we had back and forth right before halftime though.........DaBOX 96' Snare has done the last ride......I'm out......."SAY I GOT IT!!!!------Say whatcha got???:redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
:redhot: :redhot: BOX burned by KRANK???? Yeah right brutha..........KRANK may come close but will never succeed in beating BOX ya dig??? I dug into KRANK's a55 in 97' and I came back dug into it again in 03'.........I would say that BOX unKRANKed KRANK.........And why does most of the members look like they ages 16 thru 18 or in high school or something? None of the snares looked over 6 feet tall......What is tha deal with that? Cadence 420 and Tase pretty much wrapped it up.........I was feelin the snare battle we had back and forth right before halftime though.........DaBOX 96' Snare has done the last ride......I'm out......."SAY I GOT IT!!!!------Say whatcha got???:redhot: :redhot:

They look 18 because THEY ARE 18. The entire band is majority crabs and sophomores. There are only a hand full of upperclassmen in the band. I'm guessing but maybe about 50 upperclassmen out of 260.

Originally posted by DrummerPSI
They look 18 because THEY ARE 18. The entire band is majority crabs and sophomores. There are only a hand full of upperclassmen in the band. I'm guessing but maybe about 50 upperclassmen out of 260.

well a little more than 50, maybe about 70 tops. but thats true, esp in the percussion section, there is a shortage of upperclassmen. but that doesnt matter neither, just like how tall or how old they look doesnt matter. and its like S phi S said, u cant tell who did who in that category cuz i couldnt here nothing the box played from where i was sitting. it just sounded like a garbled, muffled, dull roar. i am not saying they werent handling bizness cuz i am quite sure they were but due to the awful acoustics of the astrodome, we couldnt hear it, just like i am sure yall didnt really catch the full affect of KRANK!

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare

so u saying the box let oldheads play this game just to try to get at krank????????:lmao:

but i heard krank molested the box[which im not surprised]...and this is from sumone i kno that goes to neither...j pharoah and funky samba couldnt be matched..i heard those on tv:eek2:

Here's how it went....

i whole-heartedly agree. i am not making excuses, but both bands were facing adverse situations with the crowd because no one was there hardly! i guess they didnt advertise well for it or whatever, but nobody was really there. i bet the sponsors didnt make back a third of what they invested in order to make the classic a success....but this was my last game of the season (and marching career) and i think that it ended on a good note....

i also wanna say this. i am not a hater and i am not gonna start hating now. PV sounded dayum good yesterday and i liked that. but i will say i couldnt hear them at all when they were on the field. i dont think cuz they were facing the opposite direction as us cuz when we used to play GSU at the RR classic they faced the opposite direction from us and were still heard (it would just sound bad). anyway, it was a pleasure meeting S phi S, Tara, and other peeps from PV that dont post on the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back