College football: players have reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus

Alabama coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday and is self-isolating at home, the university announced.

Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne also tested positive on Wednesday, according to the school.

"I found out earlier this afternoon that I had tested positive for COVID-19," Saban said in a statement. "I immediately left work and isolated at home. At this time, I do not have any symptoms relative to COVID, and I have taken another PCR test to confirm my diagnosis."

Saban, 68, said he informed his players of his positive test in a Zoom call at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will oversee preparations for Saturday night's home game against No. 3 Georgia "while I work from home," Saban said. Sarkisian was the head coach at Washington from 2009 to 2013 and USC in 2014-15.

Alabama plans to test everybody within the football program on Thursday. Alabama went to daily testing for its players back in September.

121990183_3661501720548353_560409246503905251_n.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It is past mid-October, and I have not heard anyone say that the decision to have the season was disastrous. I have not heard any talk about stopping the season though games have been postponed with the positive tests.

link

It is past mid-October, and I have not heard anyone say that the decision to have the season was disastrous. I have not heard any talk about stopping the season though games have been postponed with the positive tests.

link

Nobody from a P5 conference has died yet so they are gonna continue pushing forward because... $$$

Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz awaiting confirmation of positive COVID-19 test​

I am giving the Big Ten two - three weeks before shutting down.. The weather is not in there favor..

Wisconsin cancels football game vs. Nebraska after outbreak of COVID-19 cases​

36 degrees at kickoff last Friday.. More games will be cancelled next week..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

North Texas isn’t making the trip to El Paso and UTEP isn’t happy about it​

160% increase in its positivity rate in the last three weeks.. Stay at home North Texas..

It's as if people didn't know this was coming (at least in the SWAC we did) but decided to push forward anyway.

It's as if people didn't know this was coming (at least in the SWAC we did) but decided to push forward anyway.
We’re all just pushing through at this point. Cases and deaths are higher now than the spring months and nobody is talking about reverting back some sort of modified lockdown or limitations on gatherings. Nothing.

America just said fuck it.

Reactions: EB
We’re all just pushing through at this point. Cases and deaths are higher now than the spring months and nobody is talking about reverting back some sort of modified lockdown or limitations on gatherings. Nothing.

America just said fuck it.
Social Darwinism

The weather is colder now so it's entertaining watching the Big 10 ACC Sec etc play through a deadly virus like nothing is going on then end up catching it.

Last edited:
Back