College football: players have reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
SEC Covid-19 Outbreak
Today in the SEC: Texas A&M has paused practice activities for Monday because of couple of positive cases. LSU coach Ed Orgeron said Tigers have positive tests & players in quarantine. Arkansas coach Sam Pittman tested positive for COVID. Auburn & Mississippi State cancelled.

LSU vs Alabama game is postponed.

Texas A&M-Tennessee becomes 3rd SEC football game this week postponed by COVID-19

Auburn, Texas A&M pause football activities as COVID-19 issues continue to impact SEC teams

This is stupid. All this trying to play through a pandemic is reckless. We gotta just chill out.
its entertaining now like a game of "mercy"..you get what you ask for! Seeing the cold weather provide an extra Avenue for spread while they still hold games in it is pure ignorance...have at it

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I’m a Medical Technologist with 17 years experience, 15 of which have been with my current employer. My primary job is to perform clinical laboratory tests for medical diagnosis and pathogen detection.

I’m required to take computer and classroom training every time there’s a disease outbreak; and I must complete full competency once I complete the training so that I can do testing. HIV, TB,SARS, CJD, Influenza, MRSA, Legionnaires, Ebola, all diseases that are threatening with or without any underlying conditions. In March, COVID-19 was added to the list.

Even though we’re 8 months in the pandemic, our lab STILL receives hundreds of swabs for COVID testing EVERY DAY! Our hospital is a satellite location; we not only perform COVID tests on our Veterans, but for rural hospitals, other VA facilities, private sector doctor offices, etc. I remember in ONE day, we received a total of 697 swabs (492 day shift; 205 evening); that was back in April. I remember walking in to work one night for my 3rd shift and was told 3 buses from the Alexandria, LA VA would be arriving some time that night. This was around the time Port Arthur and Lake Charles had been badly hit by the hurricanes. Before any of those Veterans could be admitted to our facility, each had to have a COVID test. I remember my heart pounding when I performed COVID tests on my own lab co-workers, and how I felt waiting for my own results after I displayed almost all the symptoms of the virus. I just received an email this past Tuesday that now, since the flu season is here, our tests will include detection for both strands of the flu and for RSV.

As much as we all love our sports, we need to accept that this virus will be here for some months. All this finagling, trying to outwit science and still have contact sports is lunacy! Dr. Fauci said very early after the pandemic hit that Fall season would be “crazy” because the flu season would then be a factor. Well, he told no lies! Fall is here, football is here, the flu is here, and THE TEST NUMBERS HAVE GONE BACK UP! And we’re STILL trying to have sports! Do any of you really TRULY know your school’s plan if there’s a team outbreak? What measures are in place right now to keep ALL athletes safe? Will testing be frequent? Is the University financially prepared to administer mass testing? What if someone sues? What if someone dies?

I told our Chapter and our Department of Athletics that there’s STILL time for UAPB to opt out of this train-wreck-just-waiting-to-happen!

Last edited:
PV AMU has a home and home with Abilene Christian in 2022 & 2023 along with some other home and home with 3 other Southland teams in 2021, 2022, 2023 & 2024

Back