College football: players have reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus

120455355_10102041459652284_3440517891262466629_o.jpg

Alabama coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday and is self-isolating at home, the university announced.

Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne also tested positive on Wednesday, according to the school.

"I found out earlier this afternoon that I had tested positive for COVID-19," Saban said in a statement. "I immediately left work and isolated at home. At this time, I do not have any symptoms relative to COVID, and I have taken another PCR test to confirm my diagnosis."

Saban, 68, said he informed his players of his positive test in a Zoom call at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will oversee preparations for Saturday night's home game against No. 3 Georgia "while I work from home," Saban said. Sarkisian was the head coach at Washington from 2009 to 2013 and USC in 2014-15.

Alabama plans to test everybody within the football program on Thursday. Alabama went to daily testing for its players back in September.

7 SEC Games this week
2 have been postponed
1 is on the brink of being postponed
The biggest game of the year won't include the best coach in the SEC

I wonder what the critics of the Big 10 commissioner are thinking.

Should Biden win as he is expected (note the word expected), he will have a horrific mess to clean up next year, more than just the virus. Of course the republicans will fight him on everything like they did Obama and Clinton. I mention this because I am also thinking about the Olympics as well as next year's winter and spring college sports. Note that many countries are not letting Americans come within their borders.

Should Biden win as he is expected (note the word expected), he will have a horrific mess to clean up next year, more than just the virus. Of course the republicans will fight him on everything like they did Obama and Clinton. I mention this because I am also thinking about the Olympics as well as next year's winter and spring college sports. Note that many countries are not letting Americans come within their borders.

The GOP is pretty transparent about what they are going to do. They will pivot to talking about austerity measures, the deficit (haven't heard that in 4 years huh), "reckless spending" to oppose anything a biden administration proposes. The sad part about it is that the democrats are weak enough to let them get away with it instead of nailing them down with how they've enabled Trump.
The supreme court will strike down Obama care and democrats will get blamed for millions losing healthcare and for getting rid of pre existing conditions protections.

Democrats will get blamed for the deficit, the wrecked economy. They better get some balls quick

One thing that Biden may have in his favor is the Senate could have a Dem majority.

Alabama coach Nick Saban tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday and is self-isolating at home, the university announced.

Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne also tested positive on Wednesday, according to the school.

"I found out earlier this afternoon that I had tested positive for COVID-19," Saban said in a statement. "I immediately left work and isolated at home. At this time, I do not have any symptoms relative to COVID, and I have taken another PCR test to confirm my diagnosis."

Saban, 68, said he informed his players of his positive test in a Zoom call at 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian will oversee preparations for Saturday night's home game against No. 3 Georgia "while I work from home," Saban said. Sarkisian was the head coach at Washington from 2009 to 2013 and USC in 2014-15.

Alabama plans to test everybody within the football program on Thursday. Alabama went to daily testing for its players back in September.
UH OH!!!! Someone's god is sick!!

tenor.gif

"We's sick Boss?!!"

I can't even enjoy athletics until it's over .... like this is madness!

It's only gonna get worse until there's a cure

Back