Chocolate Thunder vs. The Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Mastermind
...That's not necessarily true, SKIP. Of course most cadences from PWCs may be different from the HBCUs, but at times they can set in a groove when they want to. It's all in a way of hearing them. I go to a PWC here in Texas where I used to be in the line here, and they're a'ight, but not as good as a PWC like USC or Michigan, and definitely not as good as a HBCU line like the BOX or even X-Factor (MBC), even though some members in the line has heard of the BOX since they have KKPsi brothers down there at PV, and they admire you guys for what you all do. As a matter of fact, some of them are even talking about coming to the drumline battle next month to check it out.
OK I CAN BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR. I HAVE SEEN A FEW NICE PWC'S AND IT WOULD BE NICE TO GO AGAINST 1 OR 2 OF THEM, JUST TO SEE HOW WE WOULD FARE AGAINST THEM AND THEY AGAINST US, SO I BEING THE MAN THAT I AM RETRACT THAT LAST STATEMENT AND NO I AM NOT PREJUDICE.

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
Just wanna experience something different.....thats all:cool: :cool:
DIFFERENT IS WHAT MAKES THIS WHOLE DRUM THING WORTH IT. IF EVERYBODY DID THE SAME STYLE WE WOULD ALL BE BORED TO DEATH.........WE MAY NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS......HMMMMMMMMMMMM.........I'LL PUT IT ON THE BACK BURNER.....MASTERMIND ENLIGHTENED ME A FEW SECONDS AGO AND I APPLAUD HIM FOR KEEPING AN OPEN MIND

MASTERMIND,

I agree with you to an extent, I really think it depends on what you are looking for or listening to when judging the different drum lines. Meaning, as percussionists, we can immediately catch it when someone is playing some fire because normally we can pick out the rudiments, but to the average person with no background all that may just go over their heads. Now I do believe that PWC and drum corp will rip some things and it will sound clear as a cd, but will it be entertaining to a "black" crowd? Probably not, and i think that is where the BOX differs from a lot of sections in the swac because we try to stay up on the latest rudiments and blast without sacrificing the main goal...getting house from the crowd. Not being bias or anything but if any other section really looked at the Box they will see that it is some heat coming. Other sections like southern and maybe even tsu are masters of rolling. But how old is that rudiment? So of course when you battle us with paradiddles and rolls and all that we are going to laugh. So i think that is the point skip was trying to make, not so much that PWC are weak because you can look at the Cavaliers, Madison Scouts and all that and tell those cats come with some heat, but it is just geared towards their target crowd. I hope that makes sense.

Originally posted by NO SENSE
MASTERMIND,

I agree with you to an extent, I really think it depends on what you are looking for or listening to when judging the different drum lines. Meaning, as percussionists, we can immediately catch it when someone is playing some fire because normally we can pick out the rudiments, but to the average person with no background all that may just go over their heads. Now I do believe that PWC and drum corp will rip some things and it will sound clear as a cd, but will it be entertaining to a "black" crowd? Probably not, and i think that is where the BOX differs from a lot of sections in the swac because we try to stay up on the latest rudiments and blast without sacrificing the main goal...getting house from the crowd. Not being bias or anything but if any other section really looked at the Box they will see that it is some heat coming. Other sections like southern and maybe even tsu are masters of rolling. But how old is that rudiment? So of course when you battle us with paradiddles and rolls and all that we are going to laugh. So i think that is the point skip was trying to make, not so much that PWC are weak because you can look at the Cavaliers, Madison Scouts and all that and tell those cats come with some heat, but it is just geared towards their target crowd. I hope that makes sense.

No Sense you have a good point......"Is this Ralo by any chance?" ....N-E-wayz, I think we have the perfect blend of drum corp and SWACism (Thats what I call it)......Gotta have the latest rudiments and high difficulty for the judges but at same time keep the funk going for the crowd so they can be on the"sack" too......Oh, another thing........When my name gonna be put in a rap for a dance rountine? This is C.G. and I'm out:cool: :cool: :cool:

C.G.,

Yep this is your boy Ralo on here! What's the deal? Man, youhave to put in a lot of work to get your name in rap! Ha Ha! I paid a lot of dues, just count the band tapes. When you retire your name will be added to the list of Da Box All- Time Greatest and you just may make it to the Wall Of Fame at Skip's crib. But it is just like the Hall Of Fame, you have to be off the drum for a few before you are elgible.

stay up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back