Chocolate Thunder vs. The Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACHIAVELLI

Chairman/C.E.O.
I've been hearing commercials locally about this battle to take place at an event hosted by Steve Harvey the friday before the State Fair Classic in Dallas. Has anyone else heard this?

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
I've been hearing commercials locally about this battle to take place at an event hosted by Steve Harvey the friday before the State Fair Classic in Dallas. Has anyone else heard this?

What's up Mac. They are running those spots here in D-Town about both drumlines performing friday night. I will listen up to get the time and place for you. I don't know if you remember but we meet after the game saturday. We meet through ER. I also asked you about that nice jersey with all the swac schools.

Not so fast lilC

I've seen these two sections in action before outside the stadium. It will be a good one.

It's has been told to us by Prof. Edwards that we will be going head to head with chocolate thunder. So the commercials are true athe the battle will go down. Hope the "Chocolate" hold up against the fire we will bring. Don't meltdown on us!

THE CHOCOLATE THUNDER VS. DA BOX

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT THE CHOCLATE THUNDER BETTER BE READY BECAUSE DA BOX WILL TAKE NO PRISONERS. WE WILL NOT, LET ME REPEAT, WE WILL NOT GET READY FOR THE CHOCOLATE THUNDER, THE CHOCOLATE THUNDER MUST GET READY FOR DA BOX. WE ARE ALREADY THE #1 DRUM SECTION IN THE SWAC(PROVEN). SO JUST TO REST YA'LL MINDS WE WILL GET READY FOR OUR PERFORMANCE JUST LIKE WE NORMALLY DO, SO WE WILL GO ON WITH OUR DAY TO DAY PRACTICE(WITHOUT WORRY). SO CHOCOLATE THUNDER GET READY AND PRACTICE AND SCRAMBLE AROUND LIKE CHICKENS WITH YA'LL HEADS CUT OFF, WANDERING WHAT DA BOX IS GOING TO DO NEXT, AND WE WILL SEE YA'LL FRIDAY NIGHT ON THE LOSER SIDE, AND JUST TO SHOW YA'LL THAT THERE OR NO HARD FEELINGS, LET'S HOOK UP AFTER THE BATTLE AND KICK IT. OH YEAH, NO FIGHTING, THAT'S CHILDISH AND YOUNG, AND BESIDES WHAT, WILL THAT PROVE. MENTAL NOTE: WHAT YOU SEE IN SHREVEPORT IS NOT WHAT YOU WILL GET IN DALLAS, BUT YA'LL CAN GO TO THE GAME AND GET AN IDEA OF THE HELL THAT IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------OH YEAH GUESS WHO IS BACK ON THE SCENE--------CALL MY HOMIE SQUIRREL AND A COUPLE OF OTHER OLD HEADS THAT KNOW ABOUT ---------------------SKIP----------

Re: THE CHOCOLATE THUNDER VS. DA BOX

Originally posted by SKIP
OH YEAH GUESS WHO IS BACK ON THE SCENE
CALL MY HOMIE SQUIRREL AND A COUPLE OF OTHER OLD HEADS THAT KNOW ABOUT

Skip.......turn the caps lock off.......
pcpunch.gif

chocolate thunder vs. da box

let's be clear about one thing....................the movie DRUMLINE was an excellent imitatation of the real drumline, DA BOX. and where they stopped is where we turn it on.....but enough friendly trash talk be there and witness it for yourself.....then hit me up on the net and let me know if it was hype or reallity. and for all ya'll none believers, get the tapes and watch. in fact, i know most of ya'll bought the dvd for drumline, go into special scenes and in the very first one they are playing a BOX cadence. That cadence is call 28 deep...............now that's how deep we can go.........infact since they stole so much of DA BOX's stuff they should pay us........there is a fact for you doubters. oooooops i mean you HATAS.......:

I can't believe that these chocolate thunder cats really think they can hang with the BOX. First of all look at the name "Chocolate Thunder" sounds like a musty arse stripper! Ha Ha, but seriously they are alright but from a true percussionist point of view they need a little work. All that dancing is cool, but when it comes to cadence and technical stuff they can fall off sometime. But as with all sections, we have different styles so we appeal to different audiences. True drummers should be able to recognize talent no matter what school it comes from and that is just being real. Don't get it twisted we, DA BOX, have our own little gimics that we use to get the crowd involved, but even if we stood still and played, one could easily recognize that it is some fire coming off those drums. Speaking of drums, rumor has it that Gram is going to put some 22 inch spinners on that rolling bass drum for the battle in Dallas. Is it true? Bottom line is give those elementary kids back their drums especially those drum set tenors!, get rid of those band bucks before someone slip and break their ankle, and finally give the bass drum puller a break! think about it, would you want your parents to see you lugging a bass drum around? Oh yeah, shouts out to squirrel and those other old heads from Gram. Like Skip, said this "noise talking" on here is all in fun because the bottom line is we all got pride in our schools and sections so just stay focused!

'till the break of dawn and it just don't stop, smitty-roe, pero, ralo in the Box- Cotton Bowl '97

"Thunder" does that cat that threw his cymbles about 30 feet in the air, walked away from them, and watched the drop on the concrete still march with ya'll. He has to be the coldest in the SWAC. Oh yeah and that other cat that was clubing the ish out ya'll rolling bass ( you know two hands on one malet with the softball swing) will he be in Dallas this year? If either one of these cats are still in the section I know we can't compete. Man ya'll got some talent.

Originally posted by solophone96
"Thunder" does that cat that threw his cymbles about 30 feet in the air, walked away from them, and watched the drop on the concrete still march with ya'll. He has to be the coldest in the SWAC. Oh yeah and that other cat that was clubing the ish out ya'll rolling bass ( you know two hands on one malet with the softball swing) will he be in Dallas this year? If either one of these cats are still in the section I know we can't compete. Man ya'll got some talent.
YEAH THAT TYPE OF STUFF IS FUNNY ----------TALENT IS THAT THE WORD

Originally posted by solophone96
YEAH THAT TYPE OF STUFF IS FUNNY ----------TALENT IS THAT THE WORD

Oh yeah Chocolate Thunder when you battle the Box in Dallas don't try to be no wise guys either. When you battle the only people that should ax up to go to war are cymbals, snares, tenors, basses, and quints or whatever yall play. Don't roll no chimes, wood blocks, or timpanis out there or no bells! We sure dont need your bass drum pullers trying to have a push up contest against anyone in the section! We already know he has the biggest forearms in the swac! So keep it clean, ya dig!

NO SENSE TRULY HAS NO SENSE............BUT QUESTION IS ---------------------WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO HAVE TO BE THE BASS DRUM PULLER????????WHY IS THAT BASS DRUM ON WHEELS ANYWAY??????????I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THAT TRADITION....CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS NONSENSE......OH YEAH, DOES THE BASS DRUM PULLER EVENTUALLY EVER GET TO PLAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back