Chocolate Thunder vs. The Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by NO SENSE
SKIP,

The bad part about that is that where you stopped at, I picked up and continued on until 97! So the way I see it, that was a decade of damage. We had the hardest one-two punch in the swac and most of the colleges and high schools out here are still playing challenges and rips we wrote years ago. Where I am from they call that Legends!
10 years of damage, LEGENDS, these are true descriptions of how we wrecked the swac.............hmmmmmmmmm it most be nice.

I can't believe that these chocolate thunder cats really think they can hang with the BOX. First of all look at the name "Chocolate Thunder" sounds like a musty arse stripper! Ha Ha, but seriously they are alright but from a true percussionist point of view they need a little work. All that dancing is cool, but when it comes to cadence and technical stuff they can fall off sometime. But as with all sections, we have different styles so we appeal to different audiences. True drummers should be able to recognize talent no matter what school it comes from and that is just being real. Don't get it twisted we, DA BOX, have our own little gimics that we use to get the crowd involved, but even if we stood still and played, one could easily recognize that it is some fire coming off those drums. Speaking of drums, rumor has it that Gram is going to put some 22 inch spinners on that rolling bass drum for the battle in Dallas. Is it true? Bottom line is give those elementary kids back their drums especially those drum set tenors!, get rid of those band bucks before someone slip and break their ankle, and finally give the bass drum puller a break! think about it, would you want your parents to see you lugging a bass drum around? Oh yeah, shouts out to squirrel and those other old heads from Gram. Like Skip, said this "noise talking" on here is all in fun because the bottom line is we all got pride in our schools and sections so just stay focused!

'till the break of dawn and it just don't stop, smitty-roe, pero, ralo in the Box- Cotton Bowl '97

Please tell me your joking

Have you ever saw thunder before?? Aside from being with the band??

98LastRip,

Joking about what? From my email you should be able to tell what I am joking about and what I am being serious about. So that is self-explanatory. For the record, did you play bass drum for Gram? If 98 was your last rip then I believe I know who you are and I think I met you a few months back but if not then no sweat it's all good.

98LastRip,

Joking about what? From my email you should be able to tell what I am joking about and what I am being serious about. So that is self-explanatory. For the record, did you play bass drum for Gram? If 98 was your last rip then I believe I know who you are and I think I met you a few months back but if not then no sweat it's all good.

You good with me player..play on

98LastRip,

Will you be at the Drum Thrashing, when we man handle Chocolate Thunder? If so try to get as many old heads there and we will get old heads from the BOX together and we can fellowship face to face as we watch the younger generation players go at it. We battled across the field when we played and we left the battles on the Drum, it's all love when we un-ax. So it will be good to meet those that I don't already know and remind the one I do know about how bad we use to make them look! 97-98 was my last rip too.

Originally posted by solophone96
man is 98 lastrip the the bass drummer we've been joking about all these years... please say it ain't so!!!
man i questioning that myself. i hope he didn't startoff the bassdrum puller, that has to be worst job in the band ....4 real

Originally posted by SKIP
WE APPRECIATE THE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE IT MAKES MY HEART THUMP TO KNOW WE HAVE CATS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS SUPPORTING AND ENJOYING HOW WE DO IT......MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT TO YOU MR.FREEZE.

if FT funked over them in san antonio, maynnn............

Being that I STILL march with DA BOX, it will be a pleasure to FINALLY put Chocolate Thunder to rest. If you thought 2000 and 2002 were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
I've been hearing commercials locally about this battle to take place at an event hosted by Steve Harvey the friday before the State Fair Classic in Dallas. Has anyone else heard this?

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: Chocolate Thunder? These flaming pictures that I show on this message is not for fun but to show what is gonna happen at tha battle.......Nuffin but straight FIRE......So that means save your 20 year old funk train dances for the very end......We're not dancing until we dig as deep as we possibly can with rudiments you never heard or played b4........Oh, I almost forgot.........try pulling your drums up above the knee....the beautiful drums you have may scratch on a speed bump or sumthin:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Re: Re: Chocolate Thunder vs. The Box

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: Chocolate Thunder? These flaming pictures that I show on this message is not for fun but to show what is gonna happen at tha battle.......Nuffin but straight FIRE......So that means save your 20 year old funk train dances for the very end......We're not dancing until we dig as deep as we possibly can with rudiments you never heard or played b4........Oh, I almost forgot.........try pulling your drums up above the knee....the beautiful drums you have may scratch on a speed bump or sumthin:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
ALL I CAN SAY IS HAVE YOUR CAMERAS BECAUSE THE ACTION WILL BE PRETTY FAST. YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HOME AND WATCH THE TAPE SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOUR EYES DIDN'T SEE THE FIRST TIME

Re: Re: Re: Chocolate Thunder vs. The Box

ALL I CAN SAY IS HAVE YOUR CAMERAS BECAUSE THE ACTION WILL BE PRETTY FAST. YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HOME AND WATCH THE TAPE SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOUR EYES DIDN'T SEE THE FIRST TIME

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: That's what I'm talkin bout......Hershey's Chocolate, please don't leave the cameras.........I already know what ya'll gonna say when it is over...."The BOX didn't do nuffin".......The audience will judge that:cool: :cool: :cool: Somebody go ahead and get my congradulatory pack Newports for after this Texas "Stickwork" Massacre:lmao: :lmao: I know I am a fool.........but who cares.......

GoodFella,

Who is Krank? Is that Pine Bluff's Section? If so, I have battled a few cats from there in my day when I was still on the ax, but depending on how old you are you may or may not have been there. I am pretty sure you may have heard about it though.

I think the KRANK battle would be more interesting than the Chocolate Factory match, thats is all Im gonna say snicker......

Tha heck with battling anyone in the SWAC......I wanna battle Michigan or somebody in the Big East......That's where the comp is at............BOX Snare 1996 still in tha game

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare
Tha heck with battling anyone in the SWAC......I wanna battle Michigan or somebody in the Big East......That's where the comp is at............BOX Snare 1996 still in tha game
THAT'S NOT COMP, THEY ARE JUST WHITE.......THEY HAVE RUDIMENTAL SKILLS BUT THIER CADENCE DON'T MAKE SINCE.

THAT'S NOT COMP, THEY ARE JUST WHITE.......THEY HAVE RUDIMENTAL SKILLS BUT THIER CADENCE DON'T MAKE SINCE.

Just wanna experience something different.....thats all:cool: :cool:

...That's not necessarily true, SKIP. Of course most cadences from PWCs may be different from the HBCUs, but at times they can set in a groove when they want to. It's all in a way of hearing them. I go to a PWC here in Texas where I used to be in the line here, and they're a'ight, but not as good as a PWC like USC or Michigan, and definitely not as good as a HBCU line like the BOX or even X-Factor (MBC), even though some members in the line has heard of the BOX since they have KKPsi brothers down there at PV, and they admire you guys for what you all do. As a matter of fact, some of them are even talking about coming to the drumline battle next month to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back