Celebration Bowl Payout Scheme

Seriously....deep in my heart I feel like BCF will never be the same again. Kids aren't going to come to play football for us. Only the DII level skilled players will come our way. That saddens me.
I have enjoyed watching the MEAC players in the NFL. We won't be seeing that in 5 years. Why would any kid who has decent Div I level talent even consider the MEAC or SWAC? This is fguk up!
The MEAC and SWAC have just help all of the JMU's and Richmond's of FCS football. Recruiting is going to be a lot easier for them now that word among coaches is were inferior and can't even compete anymore.
This Bowl game is nothing but another HBCU Classic. Big Deal....who cares. What are we going to do look forward to the day when this game becomes so big they're more people tailgating than inside the stadium? Is that our goal? LOL.....Where people will just ride to the ATL and not buy a ticket to see Div II level players? Why don't you idiot SWAC fans make a connection between the SCG and inferior level of competition.
Who wants to play in the SWAC anymore? Nobody!!! Only kids who wants to earn a scholly playing football when others aren't calling. Now...you're dragging the MEAC down that course. I hope some of our schools get offers to leave. Of course the Presidents will turn down the offers....since they have created this mess anyway. They ordered this shit...they're eventually have to eat this shit.

Howard helped end the former Heritage Bowl. When FAMU and Howard tied for the conference title the Rattlers got to go to the playoffs because they beat Howard by one point in the head to head game.
So...........Howard had to go the Heritage Bowl. That was perfect...FAMU went to the playoffs where I think they beat Troy and HU went to ATL and kicked Southern Arse!!!

The following year our number #3 team (Hampton) went to the ATL and destroyed your champion. Next thing you know the SWAC quit. Ashamed of losing...so now you're taking your ball and not letting anybody play with it.
Cowards!!! Why did you have to demand we not go to the playoffs. Crabs!!! Haters!!!! It's a disgrace ALL OF US have to go down behind a frigging "Bayou Classic". That's the source of this rotten egg..,

Last edited by a moderator:

Howard helped end the former Heritage Bowl. When FAMU and Howard tied for the conference title the Rattlers got to go to the playoffs because they beat Howard by one point in the head to head game.
So...........Howard had to go the Heritage Bowl. That was perfect...FAMU went to the playoffs where I think they beat Troy and HU went to ATL and kicked Southern Arse!!!

The following year our number #3 team (Hampton) went to the ATL and destroyed your champion. Next thing you know the SWAC quit. Ashamed of losing...so now you're taking your ball and not letting anybody play with it.
Cowards!!! Why did you have to demand we not go to the playoffs. Crabs!!! Haters!!!! It's a disgrace ALL OF US have to go down behind a frigging "Bayou Classic". That's the source of this rotten egg..,
SMH... LOL

BTW Howard went in 1996 to play 2nd place SU. We went and won the next 2 before the last one.

If the participants sells their TICKETS, in 2 words, they're paid.There's NOT one team in the SWAC that can not sell 8k tickets, especially in ATL.
I believe that to be true. The weather is good and there's nothing to do down there. Have fun....The game is exciting for the SWAC. They might bring the entire conference to the game just to Celebrate the destruction of the MEAC. Just to Celebrate their victory in getting the MEAC to c**n like the SWAC. Bring out the Marching Bands.....and Tom Joyner weezz....free!!!!

Howard went to the playoffs one year.....loved it. Almost beat Marshall!!! Should have received an at-large the year we played SU in that game. We had Ted White who was on his way to play in the Senior Bowl.

It's amazing how teams that never sniffed a playoff berth let alone a playoff win have the nerve to try and be condescending toward SWAC schools.

laughing_smiley.gif

I believe that to be true. The weather is good and there's nothing to do down there. Have fun....The game is exciting for the SWAC. They might bring the entire conference to the game just to Celebrate the destruction of the MEAC. Just to Celebrate their victory in getting the MEAC to c**n like the SWAC. Bring out the Marching Bands.....and Tom Joyner weezz....free!!!!

You need to take that "c**n" word back to the MEAC board!! y'all haven't won a playoff game since Harriet Tubman stop crossing the Mason-Dixon Line, and complaining but none of y'all putting money into your programs to compete with the James Madison and Towson of the world! Y'all were crap before the Celebration and y'all will be crap after the game!

Last edited:

Translation: "I don't contribute to my university or pay alumni dues so I don't have any stroke. I never ate fried chicken in an attempt not to appear too ethnic. I'm a little man with no power, can't influence my president, conference commissioner and other MEAC presidents to see it my way. Red Kool-Aid is the devil's juice. I don't like North Carolina A&T because they produced Jessie Jackson."

laughing_smiley.gif

Last edited:

That might fly over on that other board where you are used to getting cosigned by fellow MEAC yes men but over here, that's a no go buddy. I give you credit for actually having the cahones to actually post but as you can said, we're not as dumb as yall have made yourself to believe over there.

Now go and create another private thread over there about how these mean delusional SWAC did nothing but lie and bully you despite making great points

Translation: "I don't contribute to my university or pay alumni dues so I don't have any stroke. I never ate fried chicken in an attempt not to appear too ethnic. I'm a little man with no power, can't influence my president, conference commissioner and other MEAC presidents to see it my way. Red Kool-Aid is the devil's juice. I don't like North Carolina A&T because they produced Jessie Jackson."

laughing_smiley.gif

Damn!

For many, the MEAC no longer sending it’s champion to the playoffs will be a shock to their systems, which has been strung along for so long believing that schools were supposed to be focused on winning national championships.

Florida A&M was the last HBCU to win an FCS title. That was in 1978.

No MEAC or SWAC school has come close since. First round playoff losses have become commonplace and somewhat expected.

There is simply no upside in participating in the FCS playoffs. Schools don’t receive a bowl-like payout for starters.

In fact, Towson reportedly lost $250,000 after being seduced into chasing a championship.

Schools that wish to host a playoff game must bid minimum of $30,000. A second round home playoff game costs $40,000.

Cowards!!! Why did you have to demand we not go to the playoffs. !! Crabs!!! Haters!!!! It's a disgrace ALL OF US have to go down behind a frigging "Bayou Classic". That's the source of this rotten egg..,

You know it's a damn shame that grown ass men get on the internet and keep up the same bald faced lie for damn near two decades.

We fans from the MEAC are devastated. When we (five fans) tell the rest of the Alums about the concept of this game they feel the same way we feel. It's a step backwards people. You guys can't see it because you are trying to mask your shame. You are delusional. You're are trying to pretend this is somehow more noble. It's like the idiots who said...."We don't have Jim Crowe in this town...we go to our own stores". LOL
Folks who don't even know they're being shut out...folks who still think we are Colored. That we must submit and agree we are inferior and quit trying. Be content with being.....Colored and second rate. WTF is a Black Natl Championship in the 21st century? Its called a recruiting nightmare. This is why the MEAC is now better than the SWAC. You can't get the good players anymore. Now...it is going to hit us. We will suffer talent wise. Kids aren't going to come to our schools if we admit to being second rate embarrassed group of colored people. This is embarrassing. I can see how Presidents would support this because they are suppose to be anti athletics anyway. But you so called sports fans? You're fake!! You're selfish idiots!!! Crabs in a pot. There is no way you should force our champion to be there. I can't believe the MEAC agreed to this. I'm ashamed of BCF. Really it's second rate.
So let me get this. Your financial house is burning down, your athletic budget is in shambles, you have NO fans who attend playoff games yet you somehow just GOT to prove to the White man that you can compete on an unleveled playing field with some of the major FCS schools?!
South Carolina State is darn near broke, as are many MEAC athletic programs. Heck, most HBCU athletic budgets are much smaller than many of the FCS schools (who are really lower tiered FBS) schools, yet you feel that we're playing on a level playing field with these major FCS schools? You call that equality?

You call it a shame that we choose to support our own athletic budgets with this bowl game by foregoing this unleveled playing field?
You MEAC folks do ALL this complaining time and time again yet the numbers show that you don't even show up when your school or sister teams make the playoffs. Sounds quite hypocritical to me.

There are about 35 bowl games witn ZERO involving HBCU schools but when we FINALLY get crumbs from one game, you guys hate that? Who are you people? Do you need to prove yourselves to the White man THAT bad?! Seems like it.

Cowards!!! Why did you have to demand we not go to the playoffs. !! Crabs!!! Haters!!!! It's a disgrace ALL OF US have to go down behind a frigging "Bayou Classic". That's the source of this rotten egg..,

Dude, seems like you're a White boy cause you sure sound like one. You're a disgrace. Tell me how many of you whining MEAC-ers supported your teams WHEN you made it to the playoffs? I'll tell you how many? N-O-N-E.
Let's see....Bethune Cookman had a home game and less than 4,000 fans showed up. Where's the outrage about that?
In all actuality, that school's struggling athletic budget LOST thousands of dollars it didn't have in the first place, so where's your outrage about that?

The SWAC folks have to do what's best for us because it's about dollars and cents, something South Carolina State wishes it had enough of right now.
Since you're complaining so much, why don't you donate a few thousand to help out your sister school's athletic budget?
Better yet, let this HBCU bowl game donate a few thousand when your sister schools can't and won't. All you guys are is talk and white smoke signifying nothing.

We're in the 21st century and it's about the dollar bill.....greenbacks to help keep schools open and athletic programs above water.

We can play these FCS schools during the regular season if we want to prove something and STILL make money in the process. You ever thought of that? Seems you haven't.

Back