Celebration Bowl Payout Scheme

Any hope for a good decision was made when this bowl was agreed to. We're doomed to be second rate until we realize that we need to enter the main stream. This bowl agreement just serves to keep us in the dark ages for a while longer. Any school with vision should want to go to the playoffs. All of you on this board who deem the playoffs as a bad thing only show a lack of vision.

Any hope for a good decision was made when this bowl was agreed to. We're doomed to be second rate until we realize that we need to enter the main stream. This bowl agreement just serves to keep us in the dark ages for a while longer. Any school with vision should want to go to the playoffs. All of you on this board who deem the playoffs as a bad thing only show a lack of vision.

So why did Appalachian State and Georgia Southern leave to go to a conference, that doesn't participate in a playoff system?

Last edited:

The only people with a lack of vision and a need for acceptance is that little "utopia" yall have over there on the MEAC Board

So why did Appalachian State and Georgia Southern need to go to a conference, that doesn't participate in a playoff system?

You will not receive an answer for this. Two of the most prolific FCS schools, with numerous championships between them, not appearances, CHAMPIONSHIPS, said (bleep) it, The SUN BELT is where we need to be with the ending result being the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl .... and absolutely NOTHING ELSE.

Hey shoeman, how has this so-called vision you speak of helped South Carolina State whose on the verge of closing? Did the playoffs help their program stop losing thousands of dollars? No.

Here we are, HBCU's are starving for funding any way they can get it, but when an easy way of funding our athletic programs drops right in our lap, some of us don't want it. Now how unsmart is that?
It's really laughable and sad all wrapped up in one.

Just putting it out there but Foyd Kerr, Morgan Sate's AD is the latest to let his school know that there still isn't a signed contract. I think this is a formality but it's interesting why this hasn't occurred yet.

Just putting it out there but Foyd Kerr, Morgan Sate's AD is the latest to let his school know that there still isn't a signed contract. I think this is a formality but it's interesting why this hasn't occurred yet.
Did he say those words? That the HB contract between the conferences and ESPN is not signed? I doubt he did.

Did he say those words? That the HB contract between the conferences and ESPN is not signed? I doubt he did.

That's what multiple Morgan State Alumni are saying. He recently had a sit down with Morgan State donors about their internal happenings and told them that the contract isn't signed. He isn't the only AD to have mentioned this to their constituents. A&T's AD said something very similar a few weeks ago. Now, this isn't saying the game isn't happening but it's kind of unnerving for officials from multiple schools mentioning this in a somewhat public setting.

That's what multiple Morgan State Alumni are saying. He recently had a sit down with Morgan State donors about their internal happenings and told them that the contract isn't signed. He isn't the only AD to have mentioned this to their constituents. A&T's AD said something very similar a few weeks ago. Now, this isn't saying the game isn't happening but it's kind of unnerving for officials from multiple schools mentioning this in a somewhat public setting.
I ask because the only time i see anything about a contract not being signed is when I see someone talking about the 70/30 payout split. I'm thinking the unsigned agreement is among the MEAC schools and not the conferences and network.

I was told my our interim AD that the SWAC presidents have not voted on the proposal. Interesting!

I was told my our interim AD that the SWAC presidents have not voted on the proposal. Interesting!

Most of us knew that. They are probably waiting until it's clear what the meac is going to do, because they waffle so much on everything.

Back