Breaking News on Dowell Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has over 10,000 views and 200 comments. Let me get my post in before this thread is closed. Silence!

I would like to commend Mr. Taylor for the exemplary service he gave to Jackson State and halftime performances. In today's HBCU band world of uncouth Band Directors, Taylor bands always displayed class, discipline, musicality and professionalism. I wish Mr. Taylor well, his candle burned out long before the legend ever did.

images

Sanford? Oh no! He probably gonna have us standing in place the whole halftime like they did at Norfolk... smh

Sanford? Oh no! He probably gonna have us standing in place the whole halftime like they did at Norfolk... smh
Little has total control over the boom!! The marching band is his! Sanford will mostly be involved with his specialty which is recruiting and other day to day operations.

Whatever. Then why not just name him interim? The last time the BOOM had a SU grad as our interim, we sucked. Even got booo'ed off the field when we played Alcorn. ... IN JACKSON!

Whatever. Then why not just name him interim? The last time the BOOM had a SU grad as our interim, we sucked. Even got booo'ed off the field when we played Alcorn. ... IN JACKSON!

TP with the hyperbole lol
what year was this

Lmbo!!! True, but no worries. Sanford doesn't even like the "aggressiveness" of bands in the SWAC as of now so he won't be doing too much with the Boom. He's only there because he was brought in by Myers after what happened at Norfolk St. Everything is already in place so just know its gone be a very nice, interesting season :cool:

Lmbo!!! True, but no worries. Sanford doesn't even like the "aggressiveness" of bands in the SWAC as of now so he won't be doing too much with the Boom. He's only there because he was brought in by Myers after what happened at Norfolk St. Everything is already in place so just know its gone be a very nice, interesting season :cool:

JSU has added another Band Director to it's staff, come September 2015, it's going to be a great day in the neighborhood,

Another one besides Chan Leggette?

Chan Leggette is on staff? Good for my frat brother and fellow C'way grad. Norwood represent. LOL. I didn't know Chan was a director anywhere. I knew he used to arrange when he was marching in the Boom. That should be a good addition. Chan is good folks.

That was a good move. I grew up with him and his sister.
You're right,they're good people man. Chan wrote many of our songs when I was in the boom back then and he will be awesome as an assistant director and arranger!

I was just wondering if he's talking about another director because they hired Chan a few months ago and still have 1 more opening. They were trying to get that hellified arranger(Kevin Johnson) on staff so I was wondering if that's the other person he's talking about.

I was just wondering if he's talking about another director because they hired Chan a few months ago and still have 1 more opening. They were trying to get that hellified arranger(Kevin Johnson) on staff so I was wondering if that's the other person he's talking about.

No, as of now it's just Chan. KJ couldn't be added this year. I wish he could have, Him, Little, Chan & Hollinger would have made a NICE team. Not to mention Travis and Ant. It's gone be some trouble this year regardless.

No. He is not a girl. LOL. Dude was a helluva Saxophone player and arranger. Old School Boom. KKPSI and best of all, another C'way grad like Dowell Taylor.

Oh yeah, Chan's back in town?? I hadn't seen him in a coupla blue moons. Hey JR, I grew up with him and Juno too. I loved the Leggettes. Used to get math tutoring from his mom. Wow, I'm imagining the Boom's sound, playing some of Chan's arrangements.

Great pick-up, Boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back