Breaking News on Dowell Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the kids and recent alumni "preferred" Hollinger and felt like he paid his dues and is getting shafted or passed over. But I think Taylor sees himself in Little. But the biggest get is getting that arranger on staff full time if that's the case. Young fella is a beast of an arranger.
I totally agree with you and can probably imagine how Hollinger is feeling. And yes,Kevin is a beast at arranging!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am still waiting for him to name what songs Little Wrote or arrange for the BOOM since he has been here? and I will tell you if the song was good or not?

Why you hating on little.....long story short....yes little can write his azz off,...damn near all they played he wrote it or Travis, but little does most.
but the Boom has a new Chief arranger!!!!! & that man is a beast... something special.

Last edited:
But.....Dowell Taylor is a beast on arranging also. I love his style. Maybe he will have more time & maybe write for boom sometimes.

I am still waiting for him to name what songs Little Wrote or arrange for the BOOM since he has been here? and I will tell you if the song was good or not?

What kind of alumni knows everything but don't know shit? Lol. Dude go somewhere. If you don't know, you don't know.

What kind of alumni knows everything but don't know shit? Lol. Dude go somewhere. If you don't know, you don't know.
You said what I've been wanting to say lol but I just left it alone. Anyone that's a true alumni would know that Little writes the majority of their songs. I couldn't believe he didn't know. But the real question is what has Hollinger written or better yet,CAN he write?

Why are we the only damn band that when a new director is selected folks get all damn emotional and get attitudes when someone they marched with or know more about don't get selected. It's fun those are the same people who say luv da boom but yet they don't suppor the the boom either financially, volunteer wise, buy not one damn case of water for the band. Yet you get on an open forum and slam the band you spent countless hours at practice in the cold heat and rain. Ran yo ass to the point of throwing up during my band camp. How disloyal is that. Half of you talking don't have a real clue of what's really going on. You going on hear say and personal opinions mixed with favoritism.

Where the hell is your so say luv da boom loyalty??? It shouldn't matter who is selected as band director if you love the band then congratulate that person and ask if there is anything you can do donate or whatever to move the band forward. I was in the band under Harold H and DT. When Dowell was selected there where past members concerned with his age but they showed up and showed support. And I know we didn't have social media back then. But like I said they showed up and showed support at the games. Not like some of you who go to the games and talk down on Dowell or the Doc fans talked down on Murray and he'll you all know I'm not lying. And I know who you are and you know who you are. But let me say this. Each year the recent members you graduated or left or got put out talk the most neg shit. As if you leaving has doomed the band. I've on countless occasion defend you against those type of fake boomers. So if I supported your hard work then why can't you do the same. If you continue with this shit then your have washed your time in the band and your fake. Hell SU don't do this shit to this level. Nor PV Valley or AAMU. These programs have all gone through leadership change. One got dam Gym Jam dose not distory a legacy. If you believe that then God help you!!!!!!!

We are supposed to be a band family, once in the boom always a sonic boomer. You wouldn't get on a public forum and air out your family business would you??? Then dammit show some loyalty and praise and stop doing it to your band family. Again the same family you spent all your time and sweat in for years.

Why are we the only damn band that when a new director is selected folks get all damn emotional and get attitudes when someone they marched with or know more about don't get selected. It's fun those are the same people who say luv da boom but yet they don't suppor the the boom either financially, volunteer wise, buy not one damn case of water for the band. Yet you get on an open forum and slam the band you spent countless hours at practice in the cold heat and rain. Ran yo ass to the point of throwing up during my band camp. How disloyal is that. Half of you talking don't have a real clue of what's really going on. You going on hear say and personal opinions mixed with favoritism.

Where the hell is your so say luv da boom loyalty??? It shouldn't matter who is selected as band director if you love the band then congratulate that person and ask if there is anything you can do donate or whatever to move the band forward. I was in the band under Harold H and DT. When Dowell was selected there where past members concerned with his age but they showed up and showed support. And I know we didn't have social media back then. But like I said they showed up and showed support at the games. Not like some of you who go to the games and talk down on Dowell or the Doc fans talked down on Murray and he'll you all know I'm not lying. And I know who you are and you know who you are. But let me say this. Each year the recent members you graduated or left or got put out talk the most neg shit. As if you leaving has doomed the band. I've on countless occasion defend you against those type of fake boomers. So if I supported your hard work then why can't you do the same. If you continue with this shit then your have washed your time in the band and your fake. Hell SU don't do this shit to this level. Nor PV Valley or AAMU. These programs have all gone through leadership change. One got dam Gym Jam dose not distory a legacy. If you believe that then God help you!!!!!!!

We are supposed to be a band family, once in the boom always a sonic boomer. You wouldn't get on a public forum and air out your family business would you??? Then dammit show some loyalty and praise and stop doing it to your band family. Again the same family you spent all your time and sweat in for years.
Spoken like a true boomer!! I love it! These young cats don't know anything about loyalty,hell most of them probably couldn't play a damn lick! Let's give our new young director our support and lets get this thang crunk!

e14a29_cb7088d1781548a58832fc340effc6c8.jpg_srz_p_620_277_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
STOP pacifying those Jags, there are no fat J-Settes, only fine ones!

URL][img]

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Dude, this is the best read on the page!!!! Well said bruh.

Great post

^Yes, it's true, surprised ScreamTeam1 didn't break the story! Dowell Taylor has retired. O’Neill Sanford is interim Director of Bands.
news-n-coffee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back