Breaking News on Dowell Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i wanna know is....When the Sonic Boom gone finally bring KJ on over!!! He is outstanding, this Dude can arrange his arse off, the Boom gotta get him on staff somehow!

Look like Taylor left leaving a future proof Boom...full of Strong Arrangers!!! The Boom is extremly strong on arrangers. I sure would love to see the Boom marching style on the field drilling brought back like they marched in 1984-1990....that shit is fire, im suprised Doc. Taylor didnt fully bring that back!!! I hope whoever charts the drills take it up a step also!!! Go Boom!!!!

Last edited:

Lastly...Sonic Boom,.please arrange ...I SHOT THE SHERIFF!!!!! Bob Marley!!!! the percussion & tubas..would be off the chain!!!

Oh yeah, Chan's back in town?? I hadn't seen him in a coupla blue moons. Hey JR, I grew up with him and Juno too. I loved the Leggettes. Used to get math tutoring from his mom. Wow, I'm imagining the Boom's sound, playing some of Chan's arrangements.

Great pick-up, Boom!
I really hope the BOOM can
get KJ on staff also. that dude can write his arse off!

no smack man,he really did take it when he left! Liddell was mad as hell about it 2!

We don't have the music bruh

and besides do you guys not realize how many times this sort of thing has happened to Alcorn? It's been quite a few times that our favorite old school songs have disappeared out of the book. It is this one guy that is personally responsible for sabotaging SOD but we never dragged his name through the mud. Have some decency

We don't have the music bruh

and besides do you guys not realize how many times this sort of thing has happened to Alcorn? It's been quite a few times that our favorite old school songs have disappeared out of the book. It is this one guy that is personally responsible for sabotaging SOD but we never dragged his name through the mud. Have some decency
We didn't say YOU have it! HE has it!

So that some confusion is resolved:

It was first announced that Little was going to be Interim Director of the Sonic BOOM and that Taylor would be Director of Bands. Now I am hearing that Taylor is retiring soooooo does this mean that Little is STILL Interim Director of the Sonic BOOM and that O'Neil is Director of Bands? If so, that would make TP feel better.

So that some confusion is resolved:

It was first announced that Little was going to be Interim Director of the Sonic BOOM and that Taylor would be Director of Bands. Now I am hearing that Taylor is retiring soooooo does this mean that Little is STILL Interim Director of the Sonic BOOM and that O'Neil is Director of Bands? If so, that would make TP feel better.
It's actually the reverse. Little is the director of the sonic boom and Oneill Sanford is interim director of bands. I'm sure at some point in the future that Little will be director of bands!

It's actually the reverse. Little is the director of the sonic boom and Oneill Sanford is interim director of bands. I'm sure at some point in the future that Little will be director of bands!
Little is only early 30s so he's the future for the sonic boom!

Why did Taylor leave so soon after he established the the new role as Director of bands...just to give it Dr.Oneal Sanford, Something must have happened, I thought Doc. Taylor was gonna stay atleast a couple more yrs,as the music program BOSS, a JSU grad.....making sure the WHOLE program stayed on track..symphonic bands..etc. & Doc Little was gone run the Boom, but Taylor was still the supreme boss over the music dept,...thats what I was told. what happened? So technically..Doc..Sanford, a SU grad..is Doc Little Boss??? but Dr. Sanford does have the word ...interim by his name, i hope it holds true. I thought for SURE Dowell Taylor would make SURE A JSU Alumn, is the supreme boss!!!...whats up wit that?

Last edited:
Why did Taylor leave so soon after he established the the new role as Director of bands...just to give it Dr.Oneal Sanford, Something must have happened, I thought Doc. Taylor was gonna stay atleast a couple more yrs,as the music program boss, a JSU grad.....making sure the WHOLE program stayed on track..symphonic bands..etc. & Doc Little was gone run the Boom...thats what I was told. what happened? So technically..Doc..Sanford is Doc Little Boss???
Taylor was only coming back for 2-3 years to get the whole program back on track and to groom his successor,which he did. As of now you're right,Sanford is Little's boss but it will be short-lived! Sanford just agreed to step into that position since Taylor retired abruptly and with his longtime experience I feel right now that he was perfect especially already being on staff!

Taylor was only coming back for 2-3 years to get the whole program back on track and to groom his successor,which he did. As of now you're right,Sanford is Little's boss but it will be short-lived! Sanford just agreed to step into that position since Taylor retired abruptly and with his longtime experience I feel right now that he was perfect especially already being on staff!
ok. I understand.

Little really wanted him on staff right now but it couldn't be worked out this year! I hate it too!

Well that means little and company are going to have to arrange their butts off... I'd like the boom to get back to variety ... Church music, some rap and r&b, some old music, and I want that smooth blues sound back.... And please I hope he puts a new concept on field shows... It'll be a breath of fresh air.

Why did Taylor leave so soon after he established the the new role as Director of bands...just to give it Dr.Oneal Sanford, Something must have happened, I thought Doc. Taylor was gonna stay atleast a couple more yrs,as the music program BOSS, a JSU grad.....making sure the WHOLE program stayed on track..symphonic bands..etc. & Doc Little was gone run the Boom, but Taylor was still the supreme boss over the music dept,...thats what I was told. what happened? So technically..Doc..Sanford, a SU grad..is Doc Little Boss??? but Dr. Sanford does have the word ...interim by his name, i hope it holds true. I thought for SURE Dowell Taylor would make SURE A JSU Alumn, is the supreme boss!!!...whats up wit that?

Sometimes it's best to bow out gracefully and let the curtains drop if you're retirement eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back